Ruby Princess Mexican Riviera Patters

CBCruiser1960

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We just came back from the ruby thanksgiving cruise. There were 3 shows: colors of the world, magic to do, and dream something(?). We have been on over 32 cruises and i can say that the lead singers were the best we have ever had. Peter the CD was awesome as well. The band Fusion was also great.

They had a magician, ventriloquist and a great comedian as well. Thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.

We just came back from the ruby thanksgiving cruise. There were 3 shows: colors of the world, magic to do, and dream something(?). We have been on over 32 cruises and i can say that the lead singers were the best we have ever had. Peter the CD was awesome as well. The band Fusion was also great.

They had a magician, ventriloquist and a great comedian as well. Thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.

Hi, Thanks for the info. I am don't want to see the patters because I like to be surprised each day, but I am wondering about karaoke, how often was it offered, we are trying to get a group to together to sing and want to know if we have more than one time slot. Thanks!

I am not sure about Karaoke because it is not something that we do. But my DH says our DS did talk about it one night. SO it must happen just not sure when.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Did you think the ship's public rooms were cold? Wondering if we need to have a sweater or jacket. Also was it windy on deck on the first two days at sea, how was the weather on those days?

Hi, Thanks for the info. I am don't want to see the patters because I like to be surprised each day, but I am wondering about karaoke, how often was it offered, we are trying to get a group to together to sing and want to know if we have more than one time slot. Thanks!

On our Oct, Ruby cruise...they did "The Voice" and that is what singers participated in at least on our cruise, I do not remember any karaoke.

Edited by land lover

Hi, Thanks for the info. Did you think the ship's public rooms were cold? Wondering if we need to have a sweater or jacket. Also was it windy on deck on the first two days at sea, how was the weather on those days?

Can't speak to the specific temps in Princess public areas, but there is the probability of cooler temps off the coast of California and northern Baja, so a light sweater and jacket for layering is a good idea, especially if you like to go out on deck. Once in the southern part of the itinerary, you likely won't need them. We did this basic itinerary in early January last year, and it was quite chilly in San Pedro, and during the two at sea days -- enough that I plan on bringing more cold weather options for my upcoming Ruby cruise.

The first day it was a little cooler and did rain a bit. Then it was nice and HOT which we loved. The last sea day on the way back was nice weather but big swells so a little rough.

The public rooms were a little on the cold side for me but the boys loved it. The coldest place to me was the Princess Theater if you were sitting towards the bottom. Top was much warmer.

We sat down below and i just had my little cover up and i was fine.

Thank you ALL for this info. We are cruising with some newbies and they are concerned about knowing every little detail. :)

We, of course, know that the best way to make God laugh is to tell her your plans ! Nonetheless, we'd like to have some idea what will await us.

BTW, the Ruby was my very first ship, very first cruise five years ago. Still is one of my favorites. Can't wait to get on her !

3 1/2 days....but who is counting ?

Besides the great entertainment on the ship, the food was wonderful as well. We ate a few times in the MDR and the service was good and so was the food. We also ate at the Crown grill and the crab shack. Both were awesome.

BTW: we did get extra crab and shrimp with no problems at the crab shack. The sad thing is that it was only available for one night and that was on the Wednesday. We made reservations on the dine line the first day we got on the ship and we were glad we did. It filled up fast.

On our Halloween cruise they had auditions for voice, but cancelled it because there weren't enough people interested. My mom and I participated in the chorale. We sang songs from Grease". Our director was wonderful and very talented, she was an opera singer and did her own show.

Kareoke was almost every night in the nightclub at the aft.

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

Can't speak to the specific temps in Princess public areas, but there is the probability of cooler temps off the coast of California and northern Baja, so a light sweater and jacket for layering is a good idea, especially if you like to go out on deck. Once in the southern part of the itinerary, you likely won't need them. We did this basic itinerary in early January last year, and it was quite chilly in San Pedro, and during the two at sea days -- enough that I plan on bringing more cold weather options for my upcoming Ruby cruise.

Speaking of cooler temperatures, that's not something I really put any thought into until now. I'm thinking about a 5 day cruise in April, sailing out of Los Angeles with an overnight stop in Cabo as our only port. I was imagining warmer weather....should I plan for cooler temperatures?

Besides the great entertainment on the ship, the food was wonderful as well. We ate a few times in the MDR and the service was good and so was the food. We also ate at the Crown grill and the crab shack. Both were awesome.

BTW: we did get extra crab and shrimp with no problems at the crab shack. The sad thing is that it was only available for one night and that was on the Wednesday. We made reservations on the dine line the first day we got on the ship and we were glad we did. It filled up fast.

Hi, Do you remember is they were making waffles in the pizza place in the morning? Trying to clarify. Thanks