Qsine- as a solo?

WrittenOnYourHeart

What about joining the roll call for your cruise and organizing a Q-sine night for the roll call group because chances are you're not the only one who would love to experience this but hesitates. We did this on our 12 night on the silhouette and man we ate a lot of food. My answer is try to find a group.

My husband and I went just as a couple and there was too much food for us relatively speaking as I hate to see wasted food. They may be able to reduce your portions as a single but I think you would have more fun in a group. Have you considered posting on the "cruise connection" board to arrange a group dinner with other singles on your specific cruise? Can't hurt to put it out there to see if others are interested.

I'm definitely intrigued by the concept and things I've heard about Qsine and would love to try it.

BUT...I cruise solo.

Everything I've read has talked about the amount of food even for couples and groups. Would it be stupid to try and eat there solo?

DH and I tried Qsine for the first time last month on Eclipse.

I would hate for anyone to miss out on Qsine just for not having a group -- you could ask for a little guidance from the server . Ours was a big help. Not all selections are big. Since you choose what and how much you order, I would definitely do it alone. Don't miss out.

Have fun

DW and I enjoy all of the specialty restaurants except Qsine. We disliked it so much that we left halfway through the dinner. (No, we didn't ask for a refund.) I doubt that we would try Qsine again even if we found a fun group to go with.

Did they refund you anyway ?

DW and I enjoy all of the specialty restaurants except Qsine. We disliked it so much that we left halfway through the dinner. (No, we didn't ask for a refund.) I doubt that we would try Qsine again even if we found a fun group to go with.

Rob, could I ask what you disliked about Qsine? We haven't tried it yet.

Norris

Go anyway! Ask for smaller portions. If you are brave enough to travel on your own, don't be worried about eating at Qsine alone. Enjoy!

DH and I tried Qsine for the first time last month on Eclipse.

I would hate for anyone to miss out on Qsine just for not having a group -- you could ask for a little guidance from the server . Ours was a big help. Not all selections are big. Since you choose what and how much you order, I would definitely do it alone. Don't miss out.

Have fun

Thanks! I won't discount it yet. Good point about traveling solo - if I can go to Spain and Italy alone (also Ottawa, Toronto, London, and Dublin - but those speak my language of origin so less scary) alone, a restaurant should be nothing. :)

I have been to Qsine three times on two different ships, each time with only one other person. I think if you ask your server to help you choose wisely, you can have a lovely time there by yourself (and maybe with an excellent dining companion, a book). My fellow diner and I didn't finish everything, but we did get to try a bunch of fun dishes. I'd say give it a try. If you travel alone, you know very well how to make the most of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm definitely intrigued by the concept and things I've heard about Qsine and would love to try it.

BUT...I cruise solo.

Suggest going to Elite social 5-7pm and meeting some others to inquire about interest in Qsine. If in MDR, ask tablemates if interested.

If not elite, try Captains Club hostess and ask if any other solo travelors on ship looking for dinner partners OR there may be a 'singles' social scheduled to attend. Good Luck

DW and I never went to Qsine, as it seemed kind of klutzy. Finally, for lack of anything better to do, we tried it. Not realizing the size of the portions, we ordered more than we needed and forced ourselves to finish it, as we fall into the group who can't stand to see good food wasted. Since that first visit, we've adjusted our order and we have enjoyed Qsine.

To the OP: ask if half orders can be provided. I can't imagine why they couldn't be, but if it can't be done, go ahead and eat what you feel like and kiss the rest goodbye. You're paying plenty for being on the ship as a single and you shouldn't cheat yourself by avoiding what might be a very pleasant experience. The waiters are very helpful and can advise you. No one hates wasting food more than I, but we're not talking tons :)

Thanks all.

Guess I'll forget it. I don't like doing group things where I don't know anyone - and online doesn't count, too much room for hiding things.

I'll have fun anyway. :)

My husband and I did Qsine as a group and it was fun, on another cruise just the 2 of us did it and they did accommodate us with smaller portion sizes. Very little waste and we have alot of variety.

Rob, could I ask what you disliked about Qsine? We haven't tried it yet.

Norris

Of course you may ask!

Let me qualify by saying we are not the "meat and potatoes, dine-and-dash in 20 minutes, volume is more important than taste" type of people. Far from it. Having said that, we just didn't get what the excitement is all about. The items that we ordered were fine but they looked much better than they tasted. Excellent presentation, I must admit. I don't even remember what we ordered. Anyway, the service was painfully slow. Think around 90 minutes for 4 items. We were planning to order 3-4 more but decided to leave.

There were 2 tables with 8-10 people that sounded as if they were having a great time, so don't hesitate on my opinion. For every one negative input there are probably 1,000 rave reviews. :)

My husband and I did Qsine as a group and it was fun, on another cruise just the 2 of us did it and they did accommodate us with smaller portion sizes. Very little waste and we have alot of variety.

We are having a group dinner in Qsine on 11th March so far there is 32 joined up from our roll call sounds like a fun evening maybe a long one.

Shame you not on cruise you could have joined in. Next Time.

Thanks all.

Guess I'll forget it. I don't like doing group things where I don't know anyone - and online doesn't count, too much room for hiding things.

I travel solo and went twice! They were happy to make single portions for me. I had a wonderful time.

I went twice as a solo- once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times I had a beautiful two-top against the windows and had a fantastic time.

Are there still a ton of dishes on the menu I would love to try, but didn't have stomach space for? Sure. But I had a ton of fun eating there as a solo.

I do have a big appetite though. For dinner I had Disco Shrimp, Lava Crab, Lobster Escargot (all of these are not huge portions), Sushi Lolipops, Tacos & Guac & one and a half desserts. For lunch I had Disco Shrimp, Spring Rolls, Indian sampler, mini-sliders (that was really one too many) and lunch sized chocolate tombstone.

If you're not sure, I'd suggest a lunch if they're offering one. It was $20, so much less than the dinner price, and the choices were all from the regular menu, although there weren't as many of them. There were still more than plenty! You don't get to use the ipad to order at lunch, but that wasn't a big deal.

I travel solo and went twice! They were happy to make single portions for me. I had a wonderful time.

I went twice as a solo- once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times I had a beautiful two-top against the windows and had a fantastic time.

Are there still a ton of dishes on the menu I would love to try, but didn't have stomach space for? Sure. But I had a ton of fun eating there as a solo.

I do have a big appetite though. For dinner I had Disco Shrimp, Lava Crab, Lobster Escargot (all of these are not huge portions), Sushi Lolipops, Tacos & Guac & one and a half desserts. For lunch I had Disco Shrimp, Spring Rolls, Indian sampler, mini-sliders (that was really one too many) and lunch sized chocolate tombstone.

If you're not sure, I'd suggest a lunch if they're offering one. It was $20, so much less than the dinner price, and the choices were all from the regular menu, although there weren't as many of them. There were still more than plenty! You don't get to use the ipad to order at lunch, but that wasn't a big deal.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences! :)

I also sail solo. But to me, one of the fun things about cruising is meeting other cruisers. I enjoy chatting on the roll call and setting up activities with other cruisers. I've enjoyed dinner in Qsine several times with people from the roll call. As someone else suggested, you could wait until you get on the ship and check some people out in person before trying to set up a group.

BUT...I cruise solo.

Everything I've read has talked about the amount of food even for couples and groups. Would it be stupid to try and eat there solo?

Beth when are you going and what ship? I cruise solo most of time, plan to go to Qsine, and will go alone if have to, but if we are on same cruise, we can share a table! 👍

Beth when are you going and what ship? I cruise solo most of time, plan to go to Qsine, and will go alone if have to, but if we are on same cruise, we can share a table!

Reflection 2.18.17 - I mentally escaped the blizzard a few weeks ago by planning my Winter Break 2017 cruise. (Kicking myself for cancelling the Disney Wonder one I'd had booked for this week given our ridiculous temperatures here.)

Thanks all.

Well maybe once on the ship you'll meet up with others who would like to join you.