Not sure about iConceirge---seems glitchy

CeleBrat

So, I just downloaded iConceirge onto my phone, in preparation for our cruise next month. And, for the last 2 days, I've been getting alerts on my phone that " You phone has connected to the ship's wifi."

Really? That's AMAZING, considering the ship is really, really far away from me right now.

I also get a corresponding message "Your phone has disconnected from the ship's wifi." as well.

Not sure if I trust this app...

CeleBrat

LMAO! You crack me up. I've always enjoyed seeing those on my phone.

In the event you are serious, it will say that when connecting or disconnecting to ANY wifi. Turn off your notifications if it bothers you, but remember to turn them back on when you sail so you get notices of messages.

OK--I couldn't take the constant "It's connected...it's not connected" messages, which were also draining my battery. So, I deleted it for now.

Stupid glitchy app.

Have to remember to re-upload it next month on the 12th...

CeleBrat

OK--I couldn't take the constant "It's connected...it's not connected" messages, which were also draining my battery. So, I deleted it for now.

Stupid glitchy app.

Have to remember to re-upload it next month on the 12th...

CeleBrat

Same here. Made me nuts too after I'd installed it on my phone a few weeks pre-cruise. So I deleted it and then re-installed it the day before embarking. (You'll want to delete it right after you return, as it will do the same thing as before.)

The Royal iQ app, which is similar (install before sailing, works only on board), did not do this crazy stuff.

Very true. I've gotten to the point that I delete the app when I disembark just to shut the damned thing up!:mad:

I have found that I need to delete the app and download it again before my next cruise.....otherwise, I still have all the contacts, texts, phone calls, etc. that show up on my new current cruise from the people I was with on my previous cruise. I've yet to find a way to delete from from my iPhone. My nephew can from his Samsung Android.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

So, I just downloaded iConceirge onto my phone, in preparation for our cruise next month. And, for the last 2 days, I've been getting alerts on my phone that " You phone has connected to the ship's wifi."

Really? That's AMAZING, considering the ship is really, really far away from me right now.

I also get a corresponding message "Your phone has disconnected from the ship's wifi." as well.

Not sure if I trust this app...

CeleBrat

It worked great on the Escape ( iPhones) for keeping 7 people in touch, making reservations, checking our onboard accounts. But by all means, if you don't trust it, just bring a big pad of yellow sticky notes and keep running back to the cabin to post messages or to see if someone has seen your last message.

• 7 months later...
Can anyone confirm that the price to use it is still $7.95?
Unless there's been a very, very recent price rollback - which is doubtful, price has gone up this year. On the BA for last week of May, gone up to $9.95 per device - higher at $12.99 (as much as $14.99) for the Getaway/Escape.

As best as I can keep track of the usability of the APP, the free features worked fine on the BA and GA, but apparently worst on the Escape. Reviews recently for the GEM and Jewel are mixed, just like the Pearl.

send via Nexus 5 w 7.0 Nougat via Tapatalk

Unless there's been a very, very recent price rollback - which is doubtful, price has gone up this year. On the BA for last week of May, gone up to $9.95 per device - higher at $12.99 (as much as $14.99) for the Getaway/Escape.

As best as I can keep track of the usability of the APP, the free features worked fine on the BA and GA, but apparently worst on the Escape. Reviews recently for the GEM and Jewel are mixed, just like the Pearl.

send via Nexus 5 w 7.0 Nougat via Tapatalk

We will be on the Epic. Any idea about it?