need hotel help

MooNGaTe27

Im looking for a clean hotel to stay at that has free breakfast & I can get a 40% discount voucher.I looked at some of the reviews of the Best Western suites & Comfort inn & suites & they arent bad but when I look at some of the non professional pictures of the rooms they dont look so good.What do you think

Sorry.Need info for a cruise out of port canaveral.Looking at hotels for the cocoa beach area.I found a site that list 20 hotels that offer a parking voucher program.You stay at the hotel 1 night & at check out they give you a voucher so you can get 40% off if you park at the port Wanted to get some input if someone used for either the Bestwestern Ocean beach or Comfort Inn & Suites.Also what they thought of the hotels

• 2 weeks later...

I had checked go port canaveral,but I was hoping for some feed back from what others had thought of the hotel they had stayed in & what they had done when it came to parking.I was looking at reviews of hotels & really cant tell if they are honest.I trust reviews of fellow cruisers.So if anyone has any info it would help

I had checked go port canaveral,but I was hoping for some feed back from what others had thought of the hotel they had stayed in & what they had done when it came to parking.I was looking at reviews of hotels & really cant tell if they are honest.I trust reviews of fellow cruisers.So if anyone has any info it would help

Maybe try Trip Advisor? Most times you can just Google the hotel name and reviews will popup.:)

When looking at the 40% partner hotels, in my opinion the Hampton inn and Courtyard are two of the better choices if room/service quality is more important than room rate.

Generally the hotel discussion is a difficult one because there are many choices and matching folks up with the "best" choice is near impossible! Every family has different needs.

Here is a comprehensive discussion of the hotel choices near the Port.

We have stayed at LaQuinta Inn twice in the last year. Most recently in Sept of 2015. We used the parking voucher both times and I am sold on it. The hotel is perfectly fine for an overnight stay. Nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean and the breakfast was fine.

You will get the voucher upon checkout.

Present the voucher to the parking attendant at the port and he will input the discount. Very simple process and well worth it. I'm not a fan of the shuttles, particularly after the cruise. So much easier to load luggage and hit the road.

Hope this was helpful. Enjoy your cruise.

Hank

Edited by GaHawkeye

I don't know where you are driving from, but if it is north of Cape Canaveral, Titusville have three hotels with the coupon with excellent reviews. Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Fairfield Inn. It is about 20 minutes north of Cape Canaveral. Look on tripadvisor for more detail.

GaHawkeye I was looking at La Quinta Inn but when I checked trip advisor I saw a few reviews about bedbugs.I never know if I can trust those reviews thats why I go to cruise critic for input

Isn't Cruise Critic owned by TripAdvisor? I don't know why you would think CC is any more reliable. Bed bugs can pop up in any hotel, at any price range, at any time, because they're brought in by guests; they just don't spontaneously appear out of nowhere. It's the same way with norovirus.

Edited by Langoustine

GaHawkeye I was looking at La Quinta Inn but when I checked trip advisor I saw a few reviews about bedbugs.I never know if I can trust those reviews thats why I go to cruise critic for input

All I can say is the 2 times we stayed there, we had no issues with the room.

As stated above, there are other hotels that offer the voucher. I will likely stay in one that does as it suites my needs of reduced parking and no shuttles.

Go Port Canaveral just (put up less then a day ago!) partnered with Florida Hotel, the first partner to offer secure gated parking for cruisers. Plus, the hotel is attached to the Florida Mall :) perfect for anyone wanting to do some shopping for bathing suits or anything else before their cruise. You get gated parking and transportation to the cruise ship and back to the hotel after sailing.

We met people on our recent cruise that were at the Comfort Inn and they weren't thrilled, but it wasn't awful either.

We stayed at the Residence Inn (I believe they have a stay and park and I know they have a shuttle to the port) and had a wonderful stay. In the past, we really enjoyed a stay at the Country Inn and Suites as well. We stayed at the Radisson (with a park and cruise package) back in 2004 and were not pleased there.

Enjoy your stay. We love sailing out of Canaveral.