So confused which to pick..

AnnieP01

Having just joined, I'm sure this answer is on here somewhere but not sure where.. my neighbor and I would like to take our 17 year old daughters on a girls cruise last week of March. We live in Indiana and want a fun safe cruise in the 5-7 day range. I have searched the internet and spent the afternoon in a travel agencies office but I am still not sure which cruise line to take. My husband I cruised on Freedom of the Seas a few years ago and that's the only cruise I have taken. Since this is a last minute trip, we haven't saved an abundance of money to go. The TA told me that RCL is the best and I would be disappointed going on any other cruise line. I don't necessarily agree. I want the girls to have fun and be safe. I would love an Eastern Caribbean cruise but am open to any suggestions.. please lead me to what you would think will meet our needs. Thanks!!:confused:

RCL seems like a good cruise line with lots of things to keep the girls busy

I would look at the ships available for your time frame ..there may not be as many choices at this late date

then the budget that works for you

I would choose a 7 day over the 5 day cruise

There is a link at the top of the page "FIND A CRUISE"

You can filter the options you want like eastern Caribbean etc...

I have always loved RCL but I'm trying Norwegian for my upcoming last minute cruise because it was more economical. I'm super excited to try something new and don't think I will be disappointed at all! Depends on the person, I guess :) have fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I certainly wouldn't put a lot of stock in a TA who says one cruise line is the best and you'll be disappointed with any other. I suspect her commission is higher on RCCI. LOL.

All of the mainstream lines are more alike than they are different. Booking this late, you may just need to look at your dates and see what options you have. I've sailed NCL, Princess, and Carnival and there's really not that much difference--just little things that don't make or break the vacation. :) I'd think more about where I want to go and what I want the ship-board experience to be like. If you want tons to do and lots of stuff going on a good share of the time, book a mega-ship, but if entertainment and variety of dining venues aren't that important, then a smaller ship will probably be great. Personally, I cruise for the ports and if a ship is going where I want, when I want, then I'd probably be fine with it no matter the line. :D

Thanks for your help. What about Celebrity Reflection? It is picked third in your best overall and would work in our time and budget.

I've read that it's a beautiful ship, I just wonder if it will be as fun for the young people as some of the other ships.

One thing to note is that the last Sunday in March is Easter and there will be many families that will go the week before or the week after during their spring break (which is probably the situation for you). So many of the cruises can already be sold out. You might want to expand the cruise to 7-day ones if it doesn't mess up when the girls can go (I know that some school districts are pretty strict about absences).

Another thing to consider is that airfare might be higher around that time due to the holiday. Definitely fly to your embarkation port a day ahead. There's many ways a flight can get cancelled or delayed (and there's been storms in March) so the extra day may be needed.

I think many TAs won't give you a hard sell about one specific cruise line so you might want to go into another agency if possible.

Having just joined, I'm sure this answer is on here somewhere but not sure where.. my neighbor and I would like to take our 17 year old daughters on a girls cruise last week of March. We live in Indiana and want a fun safe cruise in the 5-7 day range. I have searched the internet and spent the afternoon in a travel agencies office but I am still not sure which cruise line to take. My husband I cruised on Freedom of the Seas a few years ago and that's the only cruise I have taken. Since this is a last minute trip, we haven't saved an abundance of money to go. The TA told me that RCL is the best and I would be disappointed going on any other cruise line. I don't necessarily agree. I want the girls to have fun and be safe. I would love an Eastern Caribbean cruise but am open to any suggestions.. please lead me to what you would think will meet our needs. Thanks!!:confused:

We've found that our daughter preferred the longer cruise when she was that age.