Where do I find Guarantees?

sparkins_mob

I know a lot of people like to book guarantee cabins and the savings can be worthwhile if you're not picky about cabin location. My issue is that I never seem to see them in order to book? Are they only available on certain cruises? At certain times? Are they in a different part of the website? I'll choose a cabin category but then I only see the sub category (ie 2C, 2A, 1A etc). I don't see anything that says "guarantee."

Am I blind?

They are less frequent on Celebrity, and harder to see. When you go into the categories sometimes one will come up as a guarantee, with no cabin choice. I have seen it as 2D and also another time as one of the higher balcony categories. Sometimes the price of the balconies will be the same as oceanview and then when you go in it is a Gty special.

They do seem to have more come up on RCI.

I also look at some of the oz online cruise websites.

I could only suggest keeping an eye on the cruise/s you are interested in and have a look at the different categories.

Edited by goodycruising

I have noticed that the guarantee option pops up more frequently the closer you are to sail date.

We just booked the 02/27 Reflection Western sailing and the site only had guarantee options for verandah cabins. I think this is due to the limited selection of cabins - most people booking in advance know where they want to be and the 'best' cabins are long gone by the time you get within a month of sailing.

If you go onto the celebrity site and look at cruises departing in the next three or four weeks you will probably see mostly guarantee cabins; very few options to pick your own cabin.

I know a lot of people like to book guarantee cabins and the savings can be worthwhile if you're not picky about cabin location. My issue is that I never seem to see them in order to book? Are they only available on certain cruises? At certain times? Are they in a different part of the website? I'll choose a cabin category but then I only see the sub category (ie 2C, 2A, 1A etc). I don't see anything that says "guarantee."

Am I blind?

When guarantees are available, they will show up on the Celebrity website several screens in, when you get into the area where you can choose a specific cabin.

For example, I am looking at the westbound Infinity Panama Canal cruise for 4/26/16.

On the screen where you first select a category, it does not show guarantees as a choice.

But if I pick Veranda, and continue on, the later screen that shows the available veranda choices lists

Veranda Stateroom Guarantee Stateroom Code X

or pick Suite and later screen shows

Suite Guarantee Stateroom Code W

or pick Ocean View, and when I get to the later screen that shows the available Ocean View cabins, the first choice is

Ocean View Stateroom Guarantee Stateroom Code Y

As previously mentioned, more of the guarantees usually start showing up as you get closer to the cruise date because it gives the cruise line a good way to unload inventory without needing to lower the prices for the people who booked early and paid higher prices.

But when booking a guarantee, sometimes you get a really great deal and sometimes you don't.

The only time guarantees shows is when are no other avalible cabin in a certain category.

Are you familiar with the old song It Ain't Necessarily So? :D

The Panama Canal cruise mentioned in my previous post is a good example.

For Ocean View, it lets you choose

Ocean View Stateroom Guarantee Code Y, (for lowest price)

or you may pick a specific available ocean view stateroom, in order of increasing prices, from

Stateroom Code 7

or Stateroom Code 8,

or Stateroom Code 6,

or Stateroom Code 4.

Am I blind?

Guarantee balcony is category X,

Guarantee concierge is category XC,

Guarantee aqua is category XA,

Guarantee suite is category W....

Also someone said that guarantee is available only when no non-guaratee cabins are available. If you look on Reflection June 2016 sailings, there are guarantee cabins available as well as non-guarantee (you can pick the cabin number)

Sailing on the Equinox in the Med in May. Nearly booked a guarantee balcony, luckily I read the small print & found guarantees do not include the drinks package.

This isn't always the case (well if you book in the US - possibly not in the UK ;)). We changed promos last year to guarantees from booked cabins and 2 perks were included in the rate. It all depends on the actual cruise and the promo available at the time.

Agreed, offers in the UK do change month to month.

It's one of reasons why I book in the States: I'm able to swap and change my booking for better promos without being penalised. The exchange rate isn't good at the moment, however I like the flexibility (including the refundable deposits) and that extra OBC from my TA ;). Keeping up with all the promos is a science in itself :D.