First cruise after dry dock experiences

erinmarie424

I am on the same cruise. This will be the third time right after a dry dock.

We have not had any problems. The last time we even got on the ship earlier because we did not have to wait for customs and the ship to empty out.

Edited by eoconnor

I also say avoid... There are always projects that did not get finished so at the very least, there will be areas roped off with left over supplies stacked awaiting offload and a few places where they will be finishing up during the day in port or at night. I suggest give it 2 cruises ports dry dock to sail...

Cruising after a dry dock is often the best time to go. You have a clean ship, all repairs have been completed, and all supplies for the repairs have been off loaded.

I would nto hesitate to go right after a dry dock.

Thanks to all! :) We are already booked and have the time off work which is tough for us to coordinate since we work in the same department so changing is not a possibility at this point. We can live with a couple of roped off sections if that happens. I just wondered what to expect.

In that case... then just understand that there might be a few inconveniences and just go with the flow. If given the options I would prefer wait but it would not be a deal breaker if my choices were cruise right after dry dock or not cruise at all... have fun!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

I did the Pride right after her drydock. This is a mistake I will never make again ! The cruise was an unorganized mess from the start. Nothing happened on time the entire week. The cabin was dirty,new TV did not work, exacts knife and blades on the counter, lights burned out, etc. out on deck the hot tubs were cold, serenity pool closed until 200 on a sea day because they forgot to open it---- well you get the idea. Give it a month after a drydock before you book.

Never first cruise out of dry dock. Rarely are things complete on ANY cruise line and you could have service issues or venues not open etc. Generally won't book a ship within 3 to 4 weeks after dry dock. Too much risk of a letdown

The Triumph is in a very short dry dock. I would imagine it is simple maintenance stuff. Lots of changing carpet, painting, scrubbing, etc. I wouldn't be worried about coming on board after that kind of dry dock. I would be more concerned if they were doing major work and adding a lot of things, such as Guy's and the Alchemy Bar. I could see those areas not being finished and service being slow because they aren't fully trained and run into problems they didn't expect.

I've heard to many horror stories about after dry dock cruises. Just not worth it. I would wait at least 2 or 3 weeks before i would think about cruising after a dry dock. I also wouldn't cruise the week before either.

The Triumph is in a very short dry dock. I would imagine it is simple maintenance stuff. Lots of changing carpet, painting, scrubbing, etc. I wouldn't be worried about coming on board after that kind of dry dock. I would be more concerned if they were doing major work and adding a lot of things, such as Guy's and the Alchemy Bar. I could see those areas not being finished and service being slow because they aren't fully trained and run into problems they didn't expect.

Inspiration just finished a dry dock where they added these things and more. Granted there is not a ton of information on here but not one person has mentioned things not being done or the improvements not running smoothly. Actually most comments are about how much they enjoyed the new stuff.

Have fun! Maybe check out the Inspiration recent reviews to pose this question.

As others have stated, if at all possible stay away from post dry dock cruises. I learned my lesson after the Victory dry dock last year. Everything was a mess, sail away was 10pm with no sail away party, stuff such as beer buckets weren't restocked and the internet and cell service was down 12 hours each day and half of the TV channels had a black screen, music barely played on lido.

The overall mood of the cruise was not exciting as past Victory cruises and you could see it on peoples faces.