Alaskan cruises

Happycruiser1601

We have sailed on all three. We like the Island and the Coral the most. Less passengers. The Island as had some retrofits which add additional cabinets. However the Coral has had the International Café added to it. The IC is complimentary and the pastries, deserts and sandwiches are available 24 hours. We would sail the Coral if we were doing a cruise out of Vancouver again. We normally sail out of Seattle unless we are taking a Cruisetour which start and stop in Vancouver or Anchorage depending on taking the land tour at the beginning or end.

But which ever ship you select just enjoy the Alaska cruise. We have gone every year since 2008. We will skip this year since we are taking the daughter's family next year for our 50th. Having to save a little extra since we are paying for all of us.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Many posts and threads on this... Consensus seems to be the Coral.

Especially since the Island (sister ship) added many new cabins/passengers at the expense of public area.

If you are traveling this year, Coral just out of drydock with lots of new carpeting and refurbishing. Coral has the new Princess Beds (a pretty big deal to many)

We chose the Coral, Southbound.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Hi, I'm interested in booking a cruise to Alaska but am having trouble deciding which Princess ship to choose. Star, island or coral. Hoping someone may have been lucky enough to sailed on all three to help me decide which one to book. Thanks in advance.

In order I would pick,

Coral

Star

Island

In order I would pick,

Coral

Star

Island

Same. Sadly our June southbound is on Island but I'm sure we will still have a great cruise. We booked the date my wife wanted and that dictated the ship we would be on. I figure it will just be something different. We haven't sailed Island before and it will be "interesting" to note the differences between Island and Coral. The loss of the full Promenade, the Universe Lounge, and the lack of IC will be the biggest "disappointments". However, it's only a 7 day cruise following the 6 day land tour. I'm sure we will be fine. :)

Hands down, the Coral due to the complete and level Promenade deck 7(great for walking off those extra pizza calories), the International Café, and the new pillow top beds.

Three years ago, my first cruise was on the Coral, Alaska Inside Passage NB which was great. Last week, I completed the Partial Panama Canal cruise on the Coral after her recent dry-dock. A few items still need to be fixed, but they should all be ironed out by the time she heads north from the Caribbean.

I've also sailed on all 3 and would choose the Coral as well. I think the Star is ok but the food has been so so on all 3 cruises on her. The Island was great but heard not such good things since they added all the extra cabins / passengers. Loved the Coral and everything about her ... so that one wins over the others for me.

Love the indoor pool area while up in Alaska.

We have sailed on all three. We like the Island and the Coral the most. Less passengers. The Island as had some retrofits which add additional cabinets. However the Coral has had the International Café added to it. The IC is complimentary and the pastries, deserts and sandwiches are available 24 hours. We would sail the Coral if we were doing a cruise out of Vancouver again. We normally sail out of Seattle unless we are taking a Cruisetour which start and stop in Vancouver or Anchorage depending on taking the land tour at the beginning or end.

But which ever ship you select just enjoy the Alaska cruise. We have gone every year since 2008. We will skip this year since we are taking the daughter's family next year for our 50th. Having to save a little extra since we are paying for all of us.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Chief, will you take me too!?