Possible Bayport (Houston) closure

Rudyard

We've known for a while that NCL and Princess were going to stop cruising from Bayport this Spring, but there was talk of maybe luring at least one back in the future or perhaps another cruise line.

Heard on the radio this morning that the Port of Houston may be giving up on the idea of Bayport as a cruise terminal and are considering repurposing it, possibly as a terminal for imported vehicles. Makes sense since there's a huge parking lot there.

Shame it didn't work out but at least we've still got four ships in Galveston.

We've known for a while that NCL and Princess were going to stop cruising from Bayport this Spring, but there was talk of maybe luring at least one back in the future or perhaps another cruise line.

Heard on the radio this morning that the Port of Houston may be giving up on the idea of Bayport as a cruise terminal and are considering repurposing it, possibly as a terminal for imported vehicles. Makes sense since there's a huge parking lot there.

Shame it didn't work out but at least we've still got four ships in Galveston.

I'm sorry to see Bayport close as a cruise terminal. We cruised from there last April on the Jade and will cruise from there again on the Jade in April. But the October transatlantic on the Jade from Barceloa will end in Tampa rather than in Bayport. Too bad because Houston is a direct flight for us, no connecting. Might have to start looking at RCI itineraries even though we're platinum on NCL and like the informality.

Edited by NMLady

I'm sorry to see Bayport close as a cruise terminal. We cruised from there last April on the Jade and will cruise from there again on the Jade in April.

Not sure how you did that since the Jade hadn't been cruising in the US since Hawaii.

Jade is cruising from Bayport right now through the month of April when NCL pulls out for good. As for last year, he meant Jewel. I wanted to sail with NCL from Bayport again too and was counting on them picking up the option for the third year.

Jade is cruising from Bayport right now through the month of April when NCL pulls out for good. As for last year, he meant Jewel. I wanted to sail with NCL from Bayport again too and was counting on them picking up the option for the third year.

I am aware of the Jade status. That is why I said "hadn't", not "hasn't". I was on it coming over from Spain.

Heard they want to return from authoritative source !

It would be wonderful to have Princess cruises available out of Galveston. It would be even nicer if Princess came in with some itineraries that give us some options different from Royal Caribbean and Carnival!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Not sure how you did that since the Jade hadn't been cruising in the US since Hawaii.

Oops, I misspoke. We were on the Jewel last April from Bayport, Western Caribbean. However, we WILL be on the Jade this April doing Western Caribbean from Bayport, then staying aboard for the ta to Barcelona.

Edited by NMLady