Best way to get to hotel and ship

Bestpetsitter

6 people with luggage.

Even with 1 Dodge Caravan, it won't work because of luggage. Well,, maybe,, if someone is really good with tetris.

If you try that route, 1 van in Orlando, drive to hotel. Next morning, drop everyone off at ship, take van back to local rental car place in Cocoa Beach. That driver take the free rental car shuttle bus back to ship.

Otherwise, 2 rental cars

Or, private transportation service

or,,, stay at local hotel in Orlando near airport. Next day, go back to airport and take the cruise lines shuttle bus service.

I have 3 couples traveling from NJ to the Orlando airport and then not sailing until the next day. So need to get from airport to hotel and then to Port Canaveral the next morning. Not sure the best way to handle this. Any thoughts??

My choice would be to two rental cars. However, if you would rather not deal with rentals, then try Cortrans shuttle, for $20pp. Stay at a hotel in Cocoa Beach with a shuttle to the port, such as the Radisson or Residence Inn.

Also get other opinions on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There is something I don't understand.

Are the three couples driving or flying into Orlando?

It sounds like everyone is flying in.

So why not book a hotel in the area that will pick you up at the airport, and then drop you off at the ship the next day?:confused:

There is something I don't understand.

Are the three couples driving or flying into Orlando?

It sounds like everyone is flying in.

So why not book a hotel in the area that will pick you up at the airport, and then drop you off at the ship the next day?:confused:

I'm not sure this exists for Canaveral. The port is 50 or so minutes away from Orlando airport (MCO).

Others have the right idea, if you don't want a car either:

1) Stay at an airport area hotel and shuttle to the port the next day (there's a Hyatt right inside the MCO terminal)

2) Shuttle to a hotel in the Canaveral area that also has a shuttle to the port.

I've only perosnally stayed at the Radisson, and I rented a car from Budget to get there. The Budget office in Canaveral is a short walk from the Radisson. There are plenty of hotel and car rental agencies near the port.

If you want a more convenient option, albeit more expensive, there are a bunch of car services in the Orlando area. We took a limo once from Port Canaveral to Disney World, it was about $240 all said and done.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We usually have 8-9 people traveling in our group and they always take great care of us. A couple of years ago, they picked us up at the Orlando airport and took us to our Cocoa Beach hotel. The next morning they picked us up at our hotel and took us to the ship. After our cruise, they picked us up at the cruise port and delivered us to a hotel in Orlando and the next morning, we took hotel shuttle to the airport. The "package" was very reasonable for all of those transports. Tell them all of the transportation you need and they will give you a price to cover it all. Very convenient.

I'm not sure this exists for Canaveral. The port is 50 or so minutes away from Orlando airport (MCO).

Others have the right idea, if you don't want a car either:

1) Stay at an airport area hotel and shuttle to the port the next day (there's a Hyatt right inside the MCO terminal)

2) Shuttle to a hotel in the Canaveral area that also has a shuttle to the port.

I've only perosnally stayed at the Radisson, and I rented a car from Budget to get there. The Budget office in Canaveral is a short walk from the Radisson. There are plenty of hotel and car rental agencies near the port.

If you want a more convenient option, albeit more expensive, there are a bunch of car services in the Orlando area. We took a limo once from Port Canaveral to Disney World, it was about $240 all said and done.

http://www.GoPortCanaveral.com does hotel packages that do what you describe here. I've used them and they were great.