Just Made My Own Upsell

cyndepet

Woot! I'm so excited right now. We're sailing on Breakaway in 2 weeks (and 2 days). We were already booked in a Haven Fwd PH. I looked online, and it appeared as thought the DOS and OS were sold out, but Haven 2BR suites were available. I called the upsell number this morning to see what we could do, and the woman I spoke to said she had a few options for me. After declining the first, she asked what I was really looking for, and I said the 2 BR Haven. So she gave me a price on that. I then asked if by chance there were any owner's suites available, and she said there was, and the price she quoted was only $50 more than for the 2BR. So I took the offer, got my confirmations, and went online to see my specific cabin. Imagine my surprise that we had a DOS!!!

This is a birthday cruise for DH, so I'm going to try and surprise him with the upgrade.

Woot! I'm so excited right now. We're sailing on Breakaway in 2 weeks (and 2 days). We were already booked in a Haven Fwd PH. I looked online, and it appeared as thought the DOS and OS were sold out, but Haven 2BR suites were available. I called the upsell number this morning to see what we could do, and the woman I spoke to said she had a few options for me. After declining the first, she asked what I was really looking for, and I said the 2 BR Haven. So she gave me a price on that. I then asked if by chance there were any owner's suites available, and she said there was, and the price she quoted was only $50 more than for the 2BR. So I took the offer, got my confirmations, and went online to see my specific cabin. Imagine my surprise that we had a DOS!!!

This is a birthday cruise for DH, so I'm going to try and surprise him with the upgrade.

WTG nice score!

That's awesome.....it's my husbands Birthday on the cruise as well, we'll see you in the Haven :)

Edited by Got Tequila?

Which one (room #) did you get?

I did almost the exact same thing for our cruise on the Jade in 2014. We had already booked an aft-facing penthouse suite (not Haven), and three days before the cruise I noticed that one of the OS was still available (I had been "monitoring" it for weeks, but the price was just too high for us). Well, long story short - I send an e-mail to my PCC and said that I wanted that OS, but that I didn't want to pay the online price of $1500 p.p. for the upgrade. I said that I saw that the same OS was available later in the summer for the same itinerary and then "only" $700 p.p. more than I had paid for the non-Haven penthouse suite. So I said that was what I was willing to pay for the upgrade, $700 p.p. and I also mentioned that it would be much better for them to sell it to me at a good price instead of not selling it at all. My PCC replied that she didn't think it would be possible, but she forwarded my e-mail to her supervisor. And then I didn't hear anything more that day.

But the next morning, when I logged in to my ncl-account to check something else regarding our reservation, I noticed that our suite category was changed to OS with a new cabin number and for the price I had said that I was willing to pay. I just paid the difference online and did NOT say anything to my DH. He didn't find out about the change of suite category to OS until we were at the check-in at the pier, because I wanted to surprise him. And he was sooooo happy - he had a big smile on his face the entire cruise.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Awesome score! I'm considering calling to see the price of the 2BR

We're celebrating my mom's b-day which was in August and my sister's is 3/17

They definitely have 2BRs available, but this morning there was only 1 on deck 16 - the rest were on 15.

This is for DH's 50th birthday, a year late. We both turned 50 last year, and for mine we went to WDW. For his, we went to a Flyers game. So this cruise is to make up for that lol. He's a Flyers fan, so it was a good birthday, but just not special enough (in my book) for a milestone!

If you do a search for a thread by soccerdad he has a pics of 16702 plus we added a few. That thread was back in Feb. 2014.

Ah - thank you so much. Amazing! I just read the entire thread. We really are beyond excited. 2 weeks from today.