Is there a quiet public balcony on RC Liberty of the Seas?

mcroadman

I would consider an interior room if i were near a quiet balcony that had nice lounge chairs on deck. On the Liberty are there a few hidden spots like that on the back ? Not too far from the rooms and not to public?:confused::confused:

Looking for nice lounge chairs, away from pools, where it is quiet and you can read.

Thanks

Mary

I would consider an interior room if i were near a quiet balcony that had nice lounge chairs on deck. On the Liberty are there a few hidden spots like that on the back ? Not too far from the rooms and not to public?:confused::confused:

Looking for nice lounge chairs, away from pools, where it is quiet and you can read.

Thanks

Mary

I don't know about balconies but outside on deck 4 is a nice area with chairs,maybe some loungers but not sure. It is normally quiet there. So close to the water, I find it very relaxing

Thanks

Mary

Best bet would be deck 4, outside promenade. Unfortunately, not hidden, but much less used and quieter than the pool deck.

They just removed the area I enjoyed most on my 4 Liberty sailings. The St. Tropez area above deck 12 could be reached only by stairs and was the spot were most that liked getting away from crowds and the pool area and sports areas of the aft section used for relaxation and reading.

I think the area on the port side of deck 11 just outside the fitness area of the spa is still there. This area has glass windows above the railing area that could be opened and they had a few lounge chairs there. Most guests turn just prior to this area as it is to the left of the forward entrance to the elevator lobby.

What about on Radiance?

I love the Solarium, but sometimes it can get rather noisy and frequently difficult to find a seat!

I'd love to find a nice, quiet spot on Radiance, but I do have to have shade!

Thanks,

Chris

On Radiance class ships, the outside promenade deck is on Deck 5.

It is a great place to sit in a lounge chair in the shade and read. For many years we booked inside or outside cabins to save money and used the promenade deck chairs to sit outside away from the crowds at the pool. We enjoyed a cabin on Deck 4, which was just one quick flight of stairs up to deck 5.

What about on Radiance?

I love the Solarium, but sometimes it can get rather noisy and frequently difficult to find a seat!

I'd love to find a nice, quiet spot on Radiance, but I do have to have shade!

Thanks,

Chris

Also check deck 12. You may be able to find an area with an overhang.

Thanks

Mary

there are many open areas shaded and not. as to whether one is near your room, or whether it is a smoking deck( one of the areas just outside the MDR is, for instance) is another matter.

If it's not too windy, there are plenty of seats outside the mini golf area on the Liberty. Not the best for sun bathing but pleasant and away from the pool noise.

There's also a couple of "secret" places up above the Solarium and in the nooks and crannies on the stern fringes of the pool deck on the 12th and 13th floor, you just have to go up there and look for them.

Also, there are tiered benches near the Flow Rider on the 13th floor which are shaded and sheltered from the wind. The Flow Rider doesn't run all the time, so it's a decent place to hang out. No drink service up here.

The 4th floor aft and stern areas have a ton of space that nobody ever seems to visit as well. 12th floor outside past Johnny Rockets is also usually deserted.

Deck 14's lounge is deserted on port days. On other days, it really only gets busy at about 4:30 PM when the early dinner crowd shows up for a drink.

Finally don't forget the Card Room on Deck 10. There are no windows or drink service, but it was usually sparsely populated when I visited.

Not a true balcony, but we liked to sit in the chairs overlooking the promenade on deck 9 above the theaters and people watch, especially in the evenings when there is not much to see outside. We were able to pick out security staff who were undercover, dressed like everyone else, but you could see them walking a definite pattern through the stores and around the bar. They would stop and chat with cashiers and other staff briefly and then resume the same path. Kind of a Where's Waldo. Made me feel safer and clear things are being monitored closely, which is good.

We were able to pick out security staff who were undercover, dressed like everyone else, but you could see them walking a definite pattern through the stores and around the bar. They would stop and chat with cashiers and other staff...

I guess that's how they catch people sharing drink packages.