Two gala nights on a 15 day cruise

cruz chic

Just got the edocs for my Panama cruise. I expected to see 3 gala nights for the 15 cruise. On my last cruise they said 3 for the b2b (14 day Caribbean) but there was 4 . Does this seem like less gala days or is it sop? I've taken more b2b lately so I'm out of touch. Thx.

If your last cruise was a back-to-back, it wasn't "a" 14-day cruise; it was two 7-day cruises. Each of those would have been scheduled for two Gala nights, so 4 of them would have been appropriate.

I can't remember the cut-off where it changes to 3, but I thought it was at 14 or 15. I do remember that my recent 12 and 13-day cruises each were scheduled for 2 Gala nights, so I might expect a 15-day cruise to have 3.

If your last cruise was a back-to-back, it wasn't "a" 14-day cruise; it was two 7-day cruises. Each of those would have been scheduled for two Gala nights, so 4 of them would have been appropriate.

I can't remember the cut-off where it changes to 3, but I thought it was at 14 or 15. I do remember that my recent 12 and 13-day cruises each were scheduled for 2 Gala nights, so I might expect a 15-day cruise to have 3.

Thanks for your post, Ruth. It gave the rest of us some information to go on with. I am waiting for some friends to download their docs and report back on how many gala nights for a 30-day cruise, not b2b but in segments.

Edited to add: SPPUNK - yes, we have found on our last two cruises that the actual number of nights differed from our docs.

Edited by Lizzie68

Just got the edocs for my Panama cruise. I expected to see 3 gala nights for the 15 cruise. On my last cruise they said 3 for the b2b (14 day Caribbean) but there was 4 . Does this seem like less gala days or is it sop? I've taken more b2b lately so I'm out of touch. Thx.

We were on the same cruise with you in October and our edocs also listed as having only 3 Gala nights.

I figured HAL had it wrong since it was a Collectors Cruise and we would have 2 each week.

I'm surprised they have cut back that much.

Why don't they bite the bullet and just end them?

They seem to straddle the fence on a number of issues.

They cannot be all things to all people.

Take a stand and declare a policy that either includes 'Formal Night', diluted down to 'Gala Night' and enforce it or stop being a fence sitter.

JMO......

Thanks for your post, Ruth. It gave the rest of us some information to go on with. I am waiting for some friends to download their docs and report back on how many gala nights for a 30-day cruise, not b2b but in segments.

You're welcome. Happy to be of help.

Take a stand and declare a policy that either includes 'Formal Night', diluted down to 'Gala Night' and enforce it or stop being a fence sitter.

JMO......

I agree. At least this is a step in the right direction since its been dumbed down so much.

JMO......

So true......straddling that fence so as to be everything to everyone:rolleyes:

This subject has had so many different viewpoints that it can be an endless topic.

Heck my gala night could be my bathrobe with a party hat and confetti:eek:

We are doing the Sydney - New Zealand - Sydney 14 night cruise in March and our HAL documents say 3 Gala Attire Evenings, that's enough for us. We did a land/cruise tour last year for six weeks and were told to bring 'glitzy' attire for the many fabulous dress up nights we would have - we did not have one 'glitzy' night. At least we now know that our 'glitzy' clothes do not crush

We did the Christmas and New Years 18 day cruise on Amsterdam and only had three 'Gala" nights. Dec 20, Christmas eve and New Years eve.

We did notice that a lot of people like us just dressed up when they felt like it on other nights.

I agree with ruth. since it is back to back and it is 2 gala night's equals 4. ruth you are not alone on this thought..

A while back I saw a chart listing out the number of Gala nights to correspond to the number of days in the cruise. Unfortunately, I didn't commit that to memory. :o

However, I did take a series of four back to back cruises of 12, 7, 7, and 13 days last fall. Each one of those cruises had two Gala nights.

I understand that last specific info doesn't answer the OP's question exactly. The info, along with my earlier post re: the increase comes at the 13 or 14-day point may be of help to OP and others.

Thx for the info. I do realize that b2b are different then a longer cruise. I also looked at the first part of retired mustangs thread. He had 2 for the first cruise. Can't recall if it was the 10 or 11 day segment. Seems we are a bit low on gala nights which I know can change aboard.