On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

Usually my baby doesn't allow us out of our room around lunch (aka nap) time lol. However, I did ask room service and he said that yes, there are always freshly baked cookies in the windjammer.

I had asked the original question about the fresh baked cookies and I worded it incorrectly. The cookies I refer to were on the Quantum. Not long after you walked into the Windjammer there was a glass serving area and staff was behind it and putting fresh cookie dough into the ovens right behind them and taking the cookies finished baking right out of the oven and placing them on a plate for a few minutes until they were cool enough to eat. They were absolutely delicious as the chocolate chips were still 'melty' from the baking. I thought since the Anthem is basically the same ship, they might have this fresh baked cookie thing going on in the Windjammer as well. They were also baking rolls and breads in the various ovens.

I was mostly interested in the cookies hot from the oven but think I read somewhere on CC that they stopped doing that on Quantum so not sure about Anthem. I definitely ate my share of hot cookies EVERY SINGLE DAY! :D

But not all at once, right? And the Solarium itself, as an area, is always open.

There is usually at least one hot tub open 24 hours. However, since there's only one pool, it can be out of service occasionally.

I suspect you saw that the cabin on either side, 9172 and 9176, had a triangle symbol which indicates they have a sofa bed whereas 9174 has none but it should have a regular sofa by the bathroom.

Ours did. ;)

I did look, but when we booked with RCI directly, the gentleman said that our cabin DIDN'T have a sofa in it. So that's why I was asking. I just wanted to see it, to see where our pack and play would go.

So last night I went to look for the puzzle room again and you guys are right when you said where it is. And omg, I walked by it so many times and didn't even know it lol. I will get a picture today at some point, my camera was dead when I found it yesterday, it figures i'd find all kinds of neat things without my camera but I have like 7 days or something so it's all good.

I didn't think to take pictures of the cruise schedule but I still have from day 4 I think. I also don't know who the live bands are but I will check that out too, I saw a band in the music hall but I'm not sure who they were. all I know is that they were pretty good. Country/rock.

I doubt I will find anyone to play my type of music on this cruise (hip-hop) because of the ages of the other passengers. A crew member yesterday told me that there are 50 people on this ship right now who are older than 100!! WOW, that is so crazy. No wonder why the elevators are so slow. They really should have priority elevators especially knowing this information.

I have to go to an emergency dentist today in port :( I chipped a tooth and now it's sharp. Guest services were awesome in arranging that for me. Thank you so much, now I can eat properly.

One more thing I would like to point out. When I talked to guess services about in room babysitting the other day, she said there was no way it would be possible without 24 hours notice LOL. She was kind of difficult to talk to about this. We have been on this ship for 4 days (as of yesterday), with no option for the Adventure Ocean's nursery, that happens to be way cheaper than in room babysitting. So yesterday, after having kind of a rough day and wanting to go to the hot tub, I called guest services and explained how badly I wanted a babysitter. She was SUPER friendly and helpful. She put me on hold and talked to someone, and within 2 hours there were 2 babysitters at our door who spent the next 3 hours watching my baby sleep lol. Kind of expensive at $20/hr plus tip, but SO worth it.

I'm

I did look, but when we booked with RCI directly, the gentleman said that our cabin DIDN'T have a sofa in it. So that's why I was asking. I just wanted to see it, to see where our pack and play would go.

I would call RC and ask again about that cabin not having a regular sofa. The RC agents have been known to make mistakes and that doesn't make sense to me as it is an ordinary non-connecting D7 balcony cabin, the same as we had last month on Anthem and it had a regular sofa by the bathroom as should cabin 9174. I would be upset if my cabin didn't have a sofa and it wasn't indicated to me before hand. Nothing shows concerning this on any deck plans I've looked at.

Could you have misheard him and he actually said it didn't have a sofa bed in that cabin? :confused:

Maybe the OP, lazeyey, could simply call cabin 9174 and ask the occupants if there is a sofa there. It would be the easiest way for her to find out as the only other way I can think of is to go and ask the cabin attendant there or go on the last morning onboard to if its door is open allowing her to check it out.

I'm on Anthem for the March 7th cruise and will check this out is you don't get an answer before then. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I would call RC and ask again about that cabin not having a regular sofa. The RC agents have been known to make mistakes and that doesn't make sense to me as it is an ordinary non-connecting D7 balcony cabin, the same as we had last month on Anthem and it had a regular sofa by the bathroom as should cabin 9174. I would be upset if my cabin didn't have a sofa and it wasn't indicated to me before hand. Nothing shows concerning this on any deck plans I've looked at.

Could you have misheard him and he actually said it didn't have a sofa bed in that cabin? :confused:

Maybe the OP, lazeyey, could simply call cabin 9174 and ask the occupants if there is a sofa there. It would be the easiest way for her to find out as the only other way I can think of is to go and ask the cabin attendant there or go on the last morning onboard to if its door is open allowing her to check it out.

I'm on Anthem for the March 7th cruise and will check this out is you don't get an answer before then. ;)

I'll give them a call and find out. If you do get a chance to look, I would be grateful!

Is there any chance you can give me some info on the pullout sofa? as in how long is it? we are sailing in April and I am concerned since I have 2 boys that will be sharing it.

2nd - any info on drink prices? Im trying to decide on purchasing the drink packages for the boys and I think it would be nice to let them get some of the non-alcoholic smoothies and frozen drinks when they want. Just wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the $22 pkg.

THANKS!!!

... any info on drink prices? Im trying to decide on purchasing the drink packages for the boys and I think it would be nice to let them get some of the non-alcoholic smoothies and frozen drinks when they want. Just wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the $22 pkg.

THANKS!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Most non-alcoholic frozen drinks are around $5.

That's all the Anthem needs, after everything the past few weeks, is a Noro outbreak. Hopefully everyone will be careful and it won't spread.

Was told by a crew member that 600 guests have or had Noro. We are double washing and gelling. Gigi is getting fixed! Everything is operational and lovely. They had an inspection yesterday. Would love to know the outcome.

Was told by a crew member that 600 guests have or had Noro. We are double washing and gelling. Gigi is getting fixed! Everything is operational and lovely. They had an inspection yesterday. Would love to know the outcome.
Have friends on the ship now and their cabin steward said it was 60 people not 600.

Do you know (or can you ask) if the North Star is handicapped accessible (wheelchair or scooter). Thanks.

Tom, i was on the Quantum, so assuming Anthem is the same. The spiral staircase leading up has 21 steps. (my husband counted them for me). On one side there is a ramp that takes you to a one person tubular shaped elevator where you hold the button all the way up. My scooter (mid size) just fit. Upon getting to the top, the Northstar had problems so I didn't get to ride, but did get up/down on elevator with scooter.

The next day I returned and being remembered by attendant was brought to the front of the line. The elevator was up at this time, awaiting a lady with MS who was just coming off the Northstar. For 10 minutes they struggled to get the wheelchaired lady to go down. It wouldn't budge and with the door shut it is hot in there. Finally, she walked down the 21 steps with help and they brought down the wheelchair.

I wasn't trying again! Good luck. V.