Scored a major upgrade

nbsjcruiser

DW thought it might be a good idea to call NCL today to see if there were any upgrade offers available for our upcoming Getaway cruise leaving on Sunday. Much to my surprise they offered us an upgrade from our inside cabin to a Mini Suite for $275 USD. We jumped right on it of course and grabbed it. After I hung up and had a chance to think about it I suddenly wondered if there was a Spa Suite available so about 2 hrs later I called back and much to my surprise I got a Spa Suite for the same price! Sauna for the week baby! Can't wait.

DW thought it might be a good idea to call NCL today to see if there were any upgrade offers available for our upcoming Getaway cruise leaving on Sunday. Much to my surprise they offered us an upgrade from our inside cabin to a Mini Suite for $275 USD. We jumped right on it of course and grabbed it. After I hung up and had a chance to think about it I suddenly wondered if there was a Spa Suite available so about 2 hrs later I called back and much to my surprise I got a Spa Suite for the same price! Sauna for the week baby! Can't wait.

That's great!

I have a question though -- was the $275 pp? or total?

thanks!

No - just a Spa Mini Suite

From an inside to a spa mini suite for such a low price is a great move - congratulations :). Earlier in this thread you asked if there were perks for having a spa suite. A mini suite is not a "real" suite so does not receive suite perks. However the spa on the Getaway is beautiful. Having access included for the three of you assuming all are at least 18 is wonderful. You'll enjoy the extra space in your stateroom as well as the balcony.

From an inside to a spa mini suite for such a low price is a great move - congratulations :). Earlier in this thread you asked if there were perks for having a spa suite. A mini suite is not a "real" suite so does not receive suite perks. However the spa on the Getaway is beautiful. Having access included for the three of you assuming all are at least 18 is wonderful. You'll enjoy the extra space in your stateroom as well as the balcony.

I thought only the first 2 people got access to the spa. Is it everyone?

When is the best time to call to try and get an upgrade, right before sailing? How many weeks in advance? This will be my first time trying to upgrade. I tried once a few years ago and they said only posted price upgrades were available. There weren't any deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When is the best time to call to try and get an upgrade, right before sailing? How many weeks in advance? This will be my first time trying to upgrade. I tried once a few years ago and they said only posted price upgrades were available. There weren't any deals.

There is no "Best" time, depends on how sales are going.

From what I've read on this site, two weeks out and less seems to be common timeframe. Could always start calling earlier.

I started calling at 32 days out for my 3/19 Escape cruise. I planned to wait until less than 30 days but got antsy! At 32 days out I was told they didn't have anything and to try back in one week. I got antsy again so tried again at 29 days out and again, was told they didn't have anything. Yesterday (26 days out) I got an email offering me an upsell to a H9 Haven Spa Suite ($1,500 per person). I called them back and told them that was too much money for me. They then offered me a H5 Haven Penthouse ($500 per person - for first two, no charge for our third person). I took it. I might have been able to get it for less closer to sailing (I tried to get her down to $750 total yesterday but she wouldn't budge) but I didn't want to risk losing the upsell. I'm not sure whether I got the email because of my previous two calls or it's coincidence but for me it worked out perfectly.