All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Margaret, I am determined to get contacts that I can wear once in a while. My doctor says I have a lot of scratches on my eyes and between my allergies and bifocals, he recommends against it. I agree it might not be and everyday thing, but I'm hoping I can wear them once in a while.

My husband is now packed. He did a lot of debating. I think he made good choices though.

We aren't into the matchy matchy thing, but we don't even coordinate except formal night, when his tie matches my dress. I often wish we went together better for pictures, but i would never tell him what to wear. It usually works it's way out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Les is so much better than I am at colors. I'll get a picture of his Cocoa brown aloha shirt that has turquoise & coral hibiscus [emoji259]. The only time we try to come close to coordinating colors is boarding (& that's so we can find each other, we both tend to wander [emoji849]). Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband wears some great colors but I wouldn't say he wears just air colors.

A lot of times, I have to step back and ask myself if I like his shirt, or do I like how he looks in the shirt. I love him to pieces so it's easy to just think that he look perfect in everyrhing.

I think Curt said it best. He described it as the difference between looking good and looking your best.

I bought my husband a new suit a while back and I went with a grayish blue. He loves it. But I asked numerous times about the color, because he needed to be happy with it. It's very, very hard for me to buy him clothes because he is very particular.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

My husband is also very particular. My mom had always bought my dad's clothes and laid out his clothes on Sunday morning for church. The first Sunday after we married, my husband found me looking in his side of the closet and asked what I was doing. When I told him, he quickly told me he was a big boy and I didn't need add that chore to my list.

As most folks that have been married a while, we have our system worked out. It is necessary for me to pack his suitcase, however. He pulls 2-3 times as many items as needed for the trip, we cull through them together, and I pack them in the case. I love to make everything fit, and generous soul that he is, he allows me to have that pleasure. (He HATES that part!) LOL

His job is to haul the suitcases to the vehicle, wait patiently for me to get in the vehicle, and then, as we pull out the driveway, begin to ask if I remembered to bring this, this, that, and the other. Yes, really. Gotta love him--can't break in a new one at this stage. Bless his heart. LOL

Margaret, I love those glasses!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I do the same thing when we leave, 48 years he's so tolerant [emoji8]. Les packs his case (he's super at it). He'd be happy only taking swim trunks & rashguard for a Caribbean cruise tho [emoji849]. I wish I still had the picture of him weighing suitcases, he'd fashioned a sling using ladders & suspended the case with a portable scale (he's so funny), they came in at 42 lbs. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is t it funny to see the similarities and differences we have? My husband also likes his things tried and true, so if he finds he likes a particular brand and style of shorts, that is all he wears. He will build up a bunch of them. So every pair of shorts going on this rise is the exact same brand and style. He does have a few colors though. It's amazing,because for years he would only wear sand or khaki as far as colors go.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

It is funny to read of the differences/similarities. My DH doesn't give a hoot what he wears as long as it isn't too "loud". He would wear things until they fell apart. For travel I usually pick out and pack all his clothes. He is so easy going and as Debbie said of her DH, God bless him, he just lets me do my thing. Even travel wise-- he just lets me do my planning and shows up at the appropriate time:D

Now, if you ask him about what kind of oil to put in the car or which way to mow the grass, he is the head honcho there.

Kim, I married Mr Conservative...military...boy, have I nudged him out of his comfort zone! His favorite polo is a neon yellow dry release & his favorite workout shirt is neon green. Here's the picture with the shirt he picked out for embarkation 9507f5a32e823469b0214ed26289bf83.jpg28ea0fd03d501fb068eed6820d17e4b1.jpg. The light wasn't the best, but you can see the shirt.

Laurie, you're sailing on Sat...have a great time. Sally, you're up next! Melody

I had my skin appointment yesterday and the bad news is I have two new scars on my arm, the good news is that they were only pre-cancerous lesions so they were able to burn them off in the office. Sunscreen everyone!!!

Here is the first new furniture piece to arrive at the apartment! More jewel tones to come. If everything goes according to plan, we'll be spending our first night there next week.

chairsmall.jpg.5a22ad418dabd3c751e5a02c3c12cc33.jpg

Margaret! Love your chair! You shouldn't get scars from them burning off a lesion. Hint, put Vaseline on it for healing, nothing else, you won't scar. Glad it wasn't malignant. Melody

A little late...but Bon Voyage Laurie! And Sally too! Though I thought you were a day or two later? Here's hoping that Irma follows the European model and is as the weather man said earlier today, a gutter ball, staying out in the Atlantic but headed north and missing all coast lines and islands.

A good report Margaret and thank goodness for that. Please share your new living space when it is all said and done. That chair is lovely. Seems like a good sit yet light in visual volume.

Melody...I hope your eye surgery goes well.

I'm just not feeling so talkative these days. I'm absolutely glued to any and all news regarding Harvey. I'm struggling to deal with the fact that I've spent the past five years desperately wishing that somehow we could have stayed in Houston or moved back, and yet now I'm beyond grateful for what I believe is divine intervention leading us here to NC, where I've been feeling more at home than I have since leaving Texas. Someone asked me where we moved from and I said Texas...no wait...I just lived in Georgia for the past five years. I guess emotionally Georgia didn't count. Anyway...I'm heartsick seeing what has happened to my old hometown and everywhere I used to drive daily. I'm very much enjoying all the light hearted talk here but not feeling up to contributing much...

We're preparing for final payment on our cruise. It still doesn't seem real that we're going. I'm going to have to let my hyper-organized self loose on the planning after we get settled into our apartment.

Melody, all I have to do is think about being injured and I scar. :( I will try what you suggest. I'm happy for you that you got to see such a beautiful rose before your surgery on Tuesday, something pretty to keep in your mind's eye while you are resting. Good luck and have someone keep us posted on your recovery.

Anita, I've been thinking of you because I assumed that Harvey would be upsetting for you. How sad to see the home of your heart in such distress.

Margaret, my dermatologist (who did a residency in plastic surgery) insists his patients use Vaseline on any procedure (preferably uncovered), minimizes scarring by about 2/3. I had a good sized skin cancer removed by MOHS surgery along the side of my nose (150 tiny stitches) & if you aren't looking hard for it you cannot see the scar. Yup, I'm a believer.

We made specialty dinner reservations (for the first time) for our November cruise, the deal was too good to pass up & I have $500 OBC to use. Celebrity now lets you prebook using OBC (that was exciting!)