Elite Breakfast Question ?

esquire20

We enjoyed Elite breakfast on recent Reflection Caribbean cruise. It was served in Tuscan Grille and even on sea days not crowded at all. It was served until 10:00. One morning I showed up close to 10 and was the only passenger in the restaurant. Enjoyed the quiet and beautiful view. Agree however, that the menu is limited and the quality of food is okay, but not outstanding, except for availability of good fresh berries which are not served in Oceanview.

Despite being Elite+ I have rarely used the Elite breakfast. In the past when the Elite breakfasts were buffets my husband would drop by for a latte and read for a few minutes while waiting for me to shower and dress. But now that the breakfasts are seated affairs and with the introduction of lattes as an Elite+ perk he just drops by the Cafe al Bacio instead.

We do much the same as you do. We always went to the Elite breakfast for the Cappuccino, after having a hot breakfast in the Oceanview. Since we became Elite + we go to al Baccio instead. The coffee is better too.

Our last cruise was one year ago and up to date we have been lucky to enjoy the elite buffet.

I don't look forward to the plate idea. I like to choose what I am going to eat and don't think the new format will work for us.

Do you think they are trying to disuade us from eating there?

You may be on to something with your question. Worked for me.

Between the so called 'meat' and the sad help, they dissuaded me!

Really, why else would they allow servers to just stand there and not assist people?

We don't love it - my preference for breakfast is not a lot of pastries. Last two cruises we were on Eclipse and it was in Tuscan Grille, and was buffet style. I like yogurt and some fresh berries and it's not on the elite menu. The last time was the Thanksgiving cruise 2015. We peeked in one morning and honestly it is a beautiful setting but the food isn't what we want to eat. I'd love it if they had an omelet station or something hot that alternated mornings. The idea of elite breakfast is good, but the reality isn't.

We either get room service, or Luminae or Blu or Oceanview, depending on our mood of the morning. We don't drink alcohol in the morning (yuk) and neither one of us drinks coffee, so for us it's just a waste.

Hi Folks, I will be sailing on the Silhouette TA on 4/10/16 and will be Elite for the first time this cruise, is the Elite breakfast just pastries and coffee? Or do they also serve hot Items ? Thanks in advance. Leslie

Congrats on your first at Elite!:)

Our Thanksgiving cruise on the Equinox last Nov was our 1st at the Elite level.

Could not wait to experience all the great perks so many talk about where on CC. Went to Tuscan to check out the breakfast the first morning, and turned around and went to Blu! It was a drill. Only 10-12 people out of over 400 Elite level and above on the cruise were there.

Oh, same for the wonderful Elite cocktail hour! Would have thought it was a library!:eek:

Rosie the CC Hostess was a jewel!

EW

Hi Folks, I will be sailing on the Silhouette TA on 4/10/16 and will be Elite for the first time this cruise, is the Elite breakfast just pastries and coffee? Or do they also serve hot Items ? Thanks in advance. Leslie
No hot food items, but we like the fresh berries and pineapple, the smoothies, the smoked salmon, the orange and grapefruit juices (supposedly fresh squeezed, but that is another story), the assorted cheeses, the cappuccinos and lattes and espressos with croissants, all available in the one peaceful, attractive, uncrowded setting.

The service is another matter, varying from wonderful to almost non-existent.