Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

we got off the 21 dasy triumph cruise .cabin stewards were grumbling about more cabins to clean .32 a day they were not happy.heard they have lost lots of long time stewards and waiters.

That's a tough job. If they are giving one person 32 rooms...I just don't see how it will be possible to sustain. What if on one cruise everyone selects morning? What if on another cruise everyone selects both?

It just seems like they are messing with a proven formula and as a paying guest I don't see the benefit to this.

Well, I will just let them know I prefer twice daily and hope it's not an issue in real life.

we got off the 21 dasy triumph cruise .cabin stewards were grumbling about more cabins to clean .32 a day they were not happy.heard they have lost lots of long time stewards and waiters.

Thanks for your report. It sounded an impossible raise of rooms and no way to keep most happy with wanting 2 x. Just sad. some things should NOT be messed with to hurt wonderful staff and happy guests...I do not like having ask for what is now impossible either...I always go with a last minute 90 day or less booking....more inclined now than ever to skip Carnival with this...and I like them...but want to try others as well. IF THEY HAVE TO... I would pay 50 to 100 more in my fare to handle this situation for both stewards and waiters and the decline in both areas . But how do we know it will....:(.

Edited by sjn911

Funny, we just got off Sunshine And the room

Stewards seemed happy enough. While the number you mention is true, there is another factor you did not mention. There is a steward and an assistant.

The other interesting thing is that we have seen much of the same wait staff on our return trips, 5 sailings over the last 14 months. I guess all the deserters must be on other ships.

Stewards seemed happy enough. While the number you mention is true, there is another factor you did not mention. There is a steward and an assistant.

The other interesting thing is that we have seen much of the same wait staff on our return trips, 5 sailings over the last 14 months. I guess all the deserters must be on other ships.

Yes, the attendant has an assistant who divide up the cleaning to whatever works for the two. Usually one is more visible and the assistant does the grunt work. Do you see your attendant frantically running cabin to cabin?

First cruise this weekend. Can I remove tips for not cleaning my room 2 times?

Absolutely. That's exactly what I would do if I encountered a steward that was trying to steer me to once a day service when I know I can and want 2.

I'm trying to understand messing with the group of people where it is WE that pay their salaries. What Carnival gives them is a token, rumored to be $50/month.

So I wonder if these individuals want to get paid "full" tips for twice a day service for 20 cabins, or half tips for once a day service for 35 cabins.

Red herring. they are not "testing" this on the Sunshine.

Yes, the attendant has an assistant who divide up the cleaning to whatever works for the two. Usually one is more visible and the assistant does the grunt work. Do you see your attendant frantically running cabin to cabin?

I see both of them, and have had conversations with both. Don't get me wrong, I think they work very hard, maybe tops on the ship and we treat them as such. I see them as busy, frantic....no. My point was in reference to someone saying one person cleaned 32 cabins, which is not true, at least not on the Carnival ships I sail on.

Why is "select all that apply" vague? If you're looking for an issue you will find an issue

Because passengers, specifically the Dream, are reporting they are being told it is one or the other.

But when there's a select all that applies is followed by choose the best time, that in itself indicates ONE.

Red herring. they are not "testing" this on the Sunshine.
I have no idea what you are talking about. What does them potentially doing less work (on the test ships) have to do with my comment. A red herring would be a positive comment from you about Carnival, btw.;)

Because passengers, specifically the Dream, are reporting they are being told it is one or the other.

But when there's a select all that applies is followed by choose the best time, that in itself indicates ONE.

Seems me choose all that apply is pretty straight forward.....

Seems me choose all that apply is pretty straight forward.....

So when you are asked what is the best cruise line, the answer would be more than one?

Not in my book. The verbiage would be best times, but more importantly, have the word BOTH, as I remember it being stated was going to be the fix.

I have no idea what you are talking about. What does them potentially doing less work (on the test ships) have to do with my comment. A red herring would be a positive comment from you about Carnival, btw.;)

Simply you said you didn't experience any change on a ship that is not a test ship, and therefore not have any change.

Kinda like being asked how you liked your McDonalds meal was after eating at BK.

So when you are asked what is the best cruise line, the answer would be more than one?

Not in my book. The verbiage would be best times, but more importantly, have the word BOTH, as I remember it being stated was going to be the fix.

To answer your first question.....Carnival of course, which I am sure you agree on....right? On the second point we can disagree, which might be the first time we are on opposite sides......this week anyway.:)

Simply you said you didn't experience any change on a ship that is not a test ship, and therefore not have any change.

Kinda like being asked how you liked your McDonalds meal was after eating at BK.

It was in reference to room stewards (and a comment that one cleans 32 rooms). Whether that is a test ship, where they are asking what preference cruisers have (morning evening, or both) or the Sunshine we just go off. I am unaware that the amount of rooms a room steward cleans is different between the two ships, am I wrong in that?

It was in reference to room stewards (and a comment that one cleans 32 rooms). Whether that is a test ship, where they are asking what preference cruisers have (morning evening, or both) or the Sunshine we just go off. I am unaware that the amount of rooms a room steward cleans is different between the two ships, am I wrong in that?

Yes, while responding to a passenger that stated she just got off the Triumph, making her sound like her experience was false.

But ultimately it's not my interest in knowing their workload; only what they are doing for me. And I tip on that service.

Spoken like a true brand apologist.

No madam, it was spoken like a true realist. Change is a constant in every single business you encounter because their job is to sell products that make them successful and provide a good bottom line for their investors and jobs for their employees. Just because you think that they should continue doing business exactly like you want it does not mean that will happen. Once again, if you do not like the product, stop buying it. Try another business! I am sure you will eventually find that new business you chose to work with is also going to change rather than continuing to doing exactly what you want them to do. Once again all you will have left is complaining about the change, or moving on. Good luck with that approach.

For all those who insist that there is no confusion from this form, print a copy and show it to random people who aren't cruise experts. See what they say.

If "select all that apply" followed the direction to select "the best time," it would be different. Instead, it is at the top, providing directions for the entire form, which includes multiple selections. If they intended to make it clear that more than one time could be chosen, why does it not say "choose the best time/s" or give "both" as an option? Either would have been a simple fix for a problem that had already been identified when the form was printed. Please forgive me, but interpreting written language is part of my job, and I know how important each word can be.

I'm so sorry some of you feel so cheated. We are sailing on the Dream in May. I do a lot of research on my cruises so I know what is going on with them before we board. I discussed the my kids who will be in one room (they are 19 and soon to be 22(just before we cruise)) and DH who of course will be sharing a room with me. We all decided that with the choice of AM, PM, or both we would prefer PM and ask for extra towels and ice. Why? Because 3 of our 7 days are "at sea" days and we plan to stay on board in Belize. Since this would be our kids first time really experiencing the night life with us, we are planning on staying up late and sleeping in in the mornings. We don't want to feel rushed to get out of the room so the room steward can clean our room in the morning and then worry if he isn't done yet when we come back. In the PM it is always done while we are out. We would want extra towels because we usually take 2 showers a day on cruises due to being in the sun and sometimes sand and like to clean up before dinner. And ice for our water and wine.

When the kids were younger and we were sharing a cabin I would probably ask for both AM and PM. But the thing is I know we can ask for both because of the research I have done. If the steward disagreed then I would take it up with his superiors right then because of knowledge I had on what it is supposed to be. I agree the terminology can be misinterpreted. But having done my research I know the options I have. I have little empathy for those who don't do their research when they are spending that much money on a vacation and then come back and complain. Knowledge is power. Ignorance of the way things are currently is your own fault for not taking the time to research. Buyer beware...even on cruises.

I personally like having the choice. Could they word it better? Probably. Should it matter...not if you've done your research.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Ah, a voice of reason!

No madam, it was spoken like a true realist. Change is a constant in every single business you encounter because their job is to sell products that make them successful and provide a good bottom line for their investors and jobs for their employees. Just because you think that they should continue doing business exactly like you want it does not mean that will happen. Once again, if you do not like the product, stop buying it. Try another business! I am sure you will eventually find that new business you chose to work with is also going to change rather than continuing to doing exactly what you want them to do. Once again all you will have left is complaining about the change, or moving on. Good luck with that approach.

I will be paying full tips regardless. Carnival does this and keeps our prices low, punishing the hard working people on the ship is terrible.

Absolutely. That's exactly what I would do if I encountered a steward that was trying to steer me to once a day service when I know I can and want 2.

I'm trying to understand messing with the group of people where it is WE that pay their salaries. What Carnival gives them is a token, rumored to be $50/month.

So I wonder if these individuals want to get paid "full" tips for twice a day service for 20 cabins, or half tips for once a day service for 35 cabins.