Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

Haven't been on a cruise since Aug 2013...going this Aug. Do they do do towels animals with turn down still...and give you chocolates? What if we only ask for morning service...will they do the towel animals and chocolates in the morning? I prefer once a day service and don't really need evening turn down but I like the towel animals and chocolates.

Edited by laumicmah

My family is not messy - we not only pick up after ourselves throughout the cruise, I actually leave the cabin cleaner than I found it upon checking in. But I expect our suite to get morning and evening services. And it better be done with no difficulties on my part.

I have never bribed anyone for anything, nor will I bribe my Room Steward to get the service that I am supposed to get.

Edited by ShakyBeef

Haven't been on a cruise since Aug 2013...going this Aug. Do they do do towels animals with turn down still...and give you chocolates? What if we only ask for morning service...will they do the towel animals and chocolates in the morning? I prefer once a day service and don't really need evening turn down but I like the towel animals and chocolates.

No more chocolates.

I take Carnival for what it is. It is by far the best bargain for what I feel is a great "Mom" vacation. The kids love the waterslides, we have no problem with the food (is it gourmet? no, do I have to cook and clean up? no), activities. It's a great vacation. But part of it for me is the break for mom.

Yes we can drive to a beach very easily from where we live but I am still cleaning, unloading the dishwasher, cooking, entertaining my children, etc. A cruise totally takes care of that for me.

We have 4 people in a tiny cabin. We order room service, we have 3 unmade beds, we need clean towels. I want the cabin serviced twice a day. In the AM to make beds and tidy up. In the evening to deal with beach towels, sand, showers for dinner/restock bath towels, and YES the towel animal. Sorry, that is a MUST for me.

Carnival is welcome to feel out the cruise passenger. And yes, the new cruiser would never know the difference. But seriously, when I start cruise research, I check the fares every day. They can go up and down by $200-$500 total for my family of 4. If they raise the fare by $50-100 per person, I will not notice. For heavens sake Carnival, do the math. They could keep so many of these services without anyone noticing.

If they do it once a day, that's fine with me. I'll take the morning please.

I'm not fooled. Or worried. I know how to ask for clean towels just like I do at a hotel where they clean your room once per day.

They can save a few more minutes on my cabin by not bothering with the towel animal. For as cute as they are, I really couldn't care less.

And no I'm adjusting tips whatsoever. And will tip extra for great service at the end. Maybe in the beginning if I feel like it. ;)

But that is just my point. I don't want to have to ask for towels, or ice or anything else. When I reach for it, I want it to be there.

The last thing I want to think is, oh yeah, I need to remember to ask for whatever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It would be nice if people and companies could just be honest and say what they are doing and why. Cut-backs to keep cruising affordable would be my guess, hopefully, but that may not even be accurate.

People are not as stupid as "they" may think....One time a day cleaning is fine for me and it will be evening, for the towel animal! I would not want my grands to miss out on that....they already have no idea what a fabulous midnight buffet looks like....:(

I will be satisfied with one service a day. We don't make a mess and never get more than one service a day in any hotel we've stayed in around the world. I prefer the evening since sometimes we don't want to get up early and it's easy to pull the blankets up on the bed and then we can take a nap after breakfast without having to stay out of the way for a while. People have gotten spoiled over the years I guess.

I personally don't consider it to be spoiled at all. When we go on vacation that's part of the service we are paying for whether it be land or sea vacation. Carnival started this process and we gladly accepted the service and have always given an additional tip to the room steward to show our appreciation. However, if it does become a one and done type service in the future, not sure I will feel obliged to leave an extra tip at the end of the week.

Edited by 13cheermom

But that is just my point. I don't want to have to ask for towels, or ice or anything else. When I reach for it, I want it to be there.

The last thing I want to think is, oh yeah, I need to remember to ask for whatever.

I don't mind if I have to do it at the beginning. If I had service once a day, I would choose the morning and let the steward know from day one, give me extra towels and washcloths every morning. I don't intend to have to ask everyday, because in the evenings when I go to get ready for dinner, I want them there. Give them $10 on the first day and they'll remember. Hey I learned that move on this board. lol

We are 4 adults in one cabin., 2 of which are disabled. Although we try and keep it as organized as possible, it is impossible to keep all of the towels dry. Also with 4 the beds needs to be made up so we have someplace to sit when we get back to the cabin. So, we really need twice a day service. We always tip the steward extra. we had no problem getting twice a day on the Liberty last year and hope this will not change on the Sunshine later this year.

I've been cruising with Carnival since the 90's. Up until my last cruise last month, I never had trouble getting ice in my cabin. I had to ask my cabin steward multiple times that I wanted ice every day before that happened. I wasn't asked about my preference for my cabin being serviced, but can tell you most days it was afternoon before it was serviced. And only one evening did my cabin get serviced before I turned in for the night. So that amounted to once a day service most of my cruise days without anyone asking me my preference. I've never had this much trouble getting my cabin serviced in my 20 years of cruising Carnival. Times have certainly changed. I don't mind tipping for service, but feel that expecting the same tip for nearly half the service is unacceptable.

What really surprised me is that I've sailed on this same ship 3 times in the past year, but only the last time did I find the cabin service to be lacking.

I don't mind if I have to do it at the beginning. If I had service once a day, I would choose the morning and let the steward know from day one, give me extra towels and washcloths every morning. I don't intend to have to ask everyday, because in the evenings when I go to get ready for dinner, I want them there. Give them $10 on the first day and they'll remember. Hey I learned that move on this board. lol

I have never had to ask for anything that should be there and I am not about to start tipping extra upfront to try to get what should already be there.

I don't ask for much. Don't care about chocolate or table cloths or no sushi, but I will not start bribing my steward to have my cabin with the essentials.

I have never had to ask for anything that should be there and I am not about to start tipping extra upfront to try to get what should already be there.

I don't ask for much. Don't care about chocolate or table cloths or no sushi, but I will not start bribing my steward to have my cabin with the essentials.

That's you. I didn't say bribe. I choose to tip extra before and after. Works for me. You do what works for you.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I think to most people, select all that apply is not vague. At all.

Really.

Let's see if this can help you understand.

Let's say you are given a test. It is decided into a couple of different sections.

Let's say at the top it says answer the following questions.

There is a section that says, choose the best answer. A or B?

Are you choosing both even if you think they are both true statements? I doubt it, because the instructions said choose the best.

For those that want one service, fantastic. I am glad they are wanting to help you out.

But I still want two. And it should not be a head game I have to play to get it.

It should be written with no reason too doubt you can still have two. Three boxes. Morning, evening, or both. Not ask me which is the best time to service your cabin.

The thread on what would make you quit cruising carnival. I didn't have an answer, but now I do. This is my line in the sand.

We are 4 adults in one cabin., 2 of which are disabled. Although we try and keep it as organized as possible, it is impossible to keep all of the towels dry. Also with 4 the beds needs to be made up so we have someplace to sit when we get back to the cabin. So, we really need twice a day service. We always tip the steward extra. we had no problem getting twice a day on the Liberty last year and hope this will not change on the Sunshine later this year.

This is my point. A cruise cabin is not like a land hotel. It is much smaller. Beds come out of hidden places and covert to sitting places. And with a "family" oriented cruise line, there often more than two people in a cabin.

24 ships to fill at rates passengers demand which are lower than found ten or twenty years ago. Investors and stockholders who want increasing profits every quarter, CEO's whose total compensation package is tied to profits.

A business model that requires constant cutting. No tablecloths in parts of the dining room. one instead of two cabin cleanings, soon to come casual attire on all staff. and so on until there are 24 ships being offered in a style not unlike Bob's backwoods BBQ pit and beer hall. Yet the passengers seem to love it. What a great world we are living in.

For those that want one service, fantastic. I am glad they are wanting to help you out.

But I still want two. And it should not be a head game I have to play to get it.

It should be written with no reason too doubt you can still have two. Three boxes. Morning, evening, or both. Not ask me which is the best time to service your cabin.

The thread on what would make you quit cruising carnival. I didn't have an answer, but now I do. This is my line in the sand.

Lol. Sorry that's all I can do is laugh at post like this. Thankfully less than 1% of the cruising population have see it.

Three boxes. Morning, evening, or both. Not ask me which is the best time to service your cabin.

When it all hit the fan over this change JH wrote on his FB page: " we hear you and when new cabin comfort menus are printed a box will be added so guests can tick it to receive BOTH am and pm service of the cabin."

Lol. Sorry that's all I can do is laugh at post like this. Thankfully less than 1% of the cruising population have see it.

lol with ya.

I'm just wondering if said line in sand is because of the confusing form or the change itself. If they fix the form and it includes both, will the line go away?

Maybe they should make the second service each day a "Diamond / Platinum perk".

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

I hope they keep the "both" option in play for those that want/need two services each day.

If the second service were to go away, I wouldn't be thrilled, but I can live with it.

I take Carnival for what it is. It is by far the best bargain for what I feel is a great "Mom" vacation. The kids love the waterslides, we have no problem with the food (is it gourmet? no, do I have to cook and clean up? no), activities. It's a great vacation. But part of it for me is the break for mom.

Yes we can drive to a beach very easily from where we live but I am still cleaning, unloading the dishwasher, cooking, entertaining my children, etc. A cruise totally takes care of that for me.

We have 4 people in a tiny cabin. We order room service, we have 3 unmade beds, we need clean towels. I want the cabin serviced twice a day. In the AM to make beds and tidy up. In the evening to deal with beach towels, sand, showers for dinner/restock bath towels, and YES the towel animal. Sorry, that is a MUST for me.

Carnival is welcome to feel out the cruise passenger. And yes, the new cruiser would never know the difference. But seriously, when I start cruise research, I check the fares every day. They can go up and down by $200-$500 total for my family of 4. If they raise the fare by $50-100 per person, I will not notice. For heavens sake Carnival, do the math. They could keep so many of these services without anyone noticing.

I totally agree. The "mom" break is one of the main reasons I enjoy cruising with my family, and we need the room cleaned and towels switched twice a day. We can't hang wet beach and shower towels and swimsuits for five people in one tiny bathroom. We have dirty dishes on the counter and sand in the shower. We already tip extra on top of our tips for five people in the room, and I wouldn't notice a small increase in price or tips. I just want twice a day service without the awkwardness of insisting on it.

Oh trust me we are FAR from cheap, in fact when we go out dining or anywhere we tip 25%, the fact is, if my cabin steward is going to give me a hard time and not give me the service I always have had and expect the only way to make him/her learn is through his pocket.

We usually dine at the specialty restaurants on all cruises and even give $20 a head each and every night, we get the drink package but still add $1-$2 dollars more tip per drink so you can't call us cheap no way in fact I bet nobody tips the way we do. We have 6 income salary for just my other half salary we can afford giving to those who deserve it, but screw me of anything I will make my point.

If they work and give good service they will get rewarded, if they going to screw me they going to learn case closed.

On our December Dream cruise we were given the card and chose Both and came back after dinner to find our towels still on the floor. We called house keeping for more towels and our Steward met us outside and we explained we wanted clean towels twice daily. He explained that he was being told by Management to cut back twice daily service and was very apologetic and promised to provide the service we had always had in prior cruises. We tipped him very well as we always have when receiving great service. He was awesome.

Edited by RoscoeJames