Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

Actually, once Carnival has a exit problem with employees leaving because their workload almost doubled, and their tips halved, it would certainly affect Carnival. Personally, once my contract was up, I'd jump ship to another,so to speak.

No wonder these people are trying to get away with lying to their passengers, when we have been told the policy is to the passengers desires. Their lie should be their hit.

There is an army of people standing in line for those jobs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bunch of bs. You guys have been saying that for years with every change Carnival does. Yet' date=' bookings continue to get stronger than ever. For the few that want to go elsewhere, there's a few that'll leave other cruise lines for Carnival. It's also pathetic that people will cut tips to your room steward for a decision Carnival might make.[/quote']

Sure. For cheaper and cheaper fares, which in turn gives less and less service. Been watching it spiraling downward for years. This works out great for the cost conscious cruiser not looking for a full service line.

But cutting an actual direct service to the customer? This is new ground.

Bunch of bs. You guys have been saying that for years with every change Carnival does. Yet' date=' bookings continue to get stronger than ever. For the few that want to go elsewhere, there's a few that'll leave other cruise lines for Carnival. It's also pathetic that people will cut tips to your room steward for a decision Carnival might make.[/quote']

What's wrong with "paying for what you get"?? Why must you throw insults around because people want value for money? If you want to have a discussion, let's do it like adults. I'm not anti-corporation, certainly not anti-laborer. But I am pro-consumer which means I expect good value for my money. If you are willing to pay more to get less you are not only doing a disservice to yourself but to other customers because you become the lowest common denominator (pay the most, accept the least).

If Carnival said once a day service is now the standard, no twice daily option, and raised their rate on charges to $15 per person, per day, would you think that is good for the customer?

And if someone prefers to pay cash for services received instead of handing it to the corporation, they don't deserve to be called names either, they are just using one of the options Carnival allows. If you don't like it, tell carnival you want them to change the policy. I can't fault anyone for doing something allowed by policy.

Sure. For cheaper and cheaper fares, which in turn gives less and less service. Been watching it spiraling downward for years. This works out great for the cost conscious cruiser not looking for a full service line.

But cutting an actual direct service to the customer? This is new ground.

Cheaper and cheaper fares? Have you priced Carnival lately. You should do a little research before posting. Prices are the highest they've ever been and those early saver price drop forms are being filled out by very few passengers now, fact. The only thing spiraling down is your nonsense here and about Carnival having an "exit" problem. Just ain't happening.

35 rooms. Double occupancy.

70 people. $3.90 per day per person.

$273 per day.

$1911 per week.

$99,372 per year.

does anyone think Carnival is giving $99,372 per year to room attendants?

Yeah, me neither.

You're forgetting that the Room Steward and their assistant(s) split that amount. So maybe the Head RS gets say $2.25, and the rest gets split.

You're forgetting that the Room Steward and their assistant(s) split that amount. So maybe the Head RS gets say $2.25, and the rest gets split.

OK, true.

Does anyone think Carnival is paying their head stewards almost $58K a year?

Glad to hear you post that things on the Glory were standard operating procedure.

Cheaper and cheaper fares? Have you priced Carnival lately. You should do a little research before posting. Prices are the highest they've ever been and those early saver price drop forms are being filled out by very few passengers now' date=' fact. The only thing spiraling down is your nonsense here and about Carnival having an "exit" problem. Just ain't happening.[/quote']

So if fares are up, bookings strong, revenue is up, the stock is healthy...why are they looking to get rid of staff and cut services? Seems now is a better time to "get 'em hooked" while the getting is good, no?

And if someone prefers to pay cash for services received instead of handing it to the corporation, they don't deserve to be called names either, they are just using one of the options Carnival allows. If you don't like it, tell carnival you want them to change the policy. I can't fault anyone for doing something allowed by policy.

I'm sorry but I'll never change my opinion on this subject. I might not agree with the way Carnival does this but anyone that has a few cruises under their belt knows how hard the behind the scenes workers bust they a**. There's no way I'd ever remove tips and pay cash only to those I interact with. That's downright screwing those you don't see that rely on that money. Like I said I might not agree with it but I'm not going to penalize the staff for it.

I'm sorry but I'll never change my opinion on this subject. I might not agree with the way Carnival does this but anyone that has a few cruises under their belt knows how hard the behind the scenes workers bust they a**. There's no way I'd ever remove tips and pay cash only to those I interact with. That's downright screwing those you don't see that rely on that money. Like I said I might not agree with it but I'm not going to penalize the staff for it.

you have a right to hold your beliefs and opinions, but if you find the policy to be bad and think it should be changed, hurling insults and people isn't the right way. Voice your concerns to Carnival directly. At least then you address the issue.

you have a right to hold your beliefs and opinions, but if you find the policy to be bad and think it should be changed, hurling insults and people isn't the right way. Voice your concerns to Carnival directly. At least then you address the issue.

Insults? And I have voiced my opinion to Carnival. Tips should be included in the fare. Hopefully they'll listen. [emoji4]

I guess you missed the people reporting that they are being told they can choose only one, and not both, even after checking off both boxes.

No...I didn't miss that. I guess you missed the part where I wrote I would visit with the Head Housekeeper and find out if that was true. If it was "policy" I wouldn't pay over my pre-paid tips.

My world would continue rotating but I would seriously consider other lines (on the verge now). Would Carnival miss me? Doubtful.

Whiners, Complainers, Cry Babies, Negative people, Anti Carnival people just do everyone a huge favor and cruise on another line that suits you better and go post on those threads

If your even thinking this could be you well then you fit into the category

Spreads your wings and fly away.... Take your BS Drama with you

I agree

Whiners, Complainers, Cry Babies, Negative people, Anti Carnival people just do everyone a huge favor and cruise on another line that suits you better and go post on those threads

If your even thinking this could be you well then you fit into the category

Spreads your wings and fly away.... Take your BS Drama with you

YouMad.jpg

What's wrong with "paying for what you get"?? Why must you throw insults around because people want value for money? If you want to have a discussion, let's do it like adults. I'm not anti-corporation, certainly not anti-laborer. But I am pro-consumer which means I expect good value for my money. If you are willing to pay more to get less you are not only doing a disservice to yourself but to other customers because you become the lowest common denominator (pay the most, accept the least).

If Carnival said once a day service is now the standard, no twice daily option, and raised their rate on charges to $15 per person, per day, would you think that is good for the customer?

sounds like a lot of what ifs to me.

I pre-pay my"tips", it's part of the cost of the cruise. I tip for excellent service given when received onboard, except I usually donate a 20 to the room steward at the beginning (if he seems nice and understands the plenty of ice/twice daily service/robes request). Very few problems during cruises, most fixed right away. I don't think Carnival is trying to "fool" us but I do think they are trying to reduce the amount of time a steward spends in each cabin... regardless of the reason. On our first cruise way back when our cabin steward seemed to hover outside the cabin door and would swoop in whenever we stepped away, no matter how long it was... not so much today. That was almost to much, today is a bit underwhelming (at least on Carnival) but certainly acceptable (at least on our last cruise - Feb 2016).

No trick but certainly a "cut-back", at least for cruisers that have been around for a while... "red" cruisers might be a bit confused by the card and should pick the best time for them!

Since Podna sidestepped, maybe you will take a shot.

How would you feel or react if once a day service became the standard and your service charge remained constant or increased to $15 or $20 per day, per person?

No sidestepping here. I do other things besides reading these wonderful post.

As for the $15-$20 tip...I doubt I'll ever see that at my age. 10 years ago the rate was $10/day, today it's $12. At that rate it'll be a very long time to see your numbers. As for once a day service, I never received that memo yet, doubt I ever will.

It would be nice if people and companies could just be honest and say what they are doing and why. Cut-backs to keep cruising affordable would be my guess, hopefully, but that may not even be accurate.

People are not as stupid as "they" may think....One time a day cleaning is fine for me and it will be evening, for the towel animal! I would not want my grands to miss out on that....they already have no idea what a fabulous midnight buffet looks like....:(

Ditto.

No sidestepping here. I do other things besides reading these wonderful post.

As for the $15-$20 tip...I doubt I'll ever see that at my age. 10 years ago the rate was $10/day' date=' today it's $12. At that rate it'll be a very long time to see your numbers. As for once a day service, I never received that memo yet, doubt I ever will.[/quote']

We will see. I don't think $15 is another 10 years off.