Mayan Princess Resort Beach Break

GetToLivin

Has anyone been to this resort? Pros/Cons?

I am wondering if it is worth the $99/person to spend the day there. We enjoy AI's very much, but its been difficult to find reviews on this particular location.

Thanks for any info! :cool:

Has anyone been to this resort? Pros/Cons?

I am wondering if it is worth the $99/person to spend the day there. We enjoy AI's very much, but its been difficult to find reviews on this particular location.

Thanks for any info! :cool:

I actually was just quoted $75 from them for the AI. This is what they told me:

All inclusive day pass: includes access to The Beach Club San Simon Installations where you will find beach and lounge chairs, showers, restrooms, a bar and a restaurant, it also includes one lunch & beverages.

Adult (13 yrs or older): $75.00

Child (5 yrs to 12 yrs): $35.00

Infant (0-4 yrs): $15.00

They also have a beach day pass for $35 for adults. In either package round trip transportation is included.

I too would be interested to hear what everyone has to say.

I have never heard anyone say "Hey, let's go to Mayan Princess for dinner." that alone would shy me away from AI.. If there's a package with no food it maybe worth it if they left ya play in they wonderful pool as well.

Mayan Princess is on West Bay Beach, anything you read about West Bay would apply.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have never heard anyone say "Hey, let's go to Mayan Princess for dinner." that alone would shy me away from AI.. If there's a package with no food it maybe worth it if they left ya play in they wonderful pool as well.

Mayan Princess is on West Bay Beach, anything you read about West Bay would apply.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So you've been there before? I'm not sure about the dinner remark but I enjoy being able to pay a flat fee for food/drinks/facility usage when in any port that might offer this. What do you think about West Bay?

So you've been there before? I'm not sure about the dinner remark but I enjoy being able to pay a flat fee for food/drinks/facility usage when in any port that might offer this. What do you think about West Bay?

My apologies, I was responding from my phone and did not realize my very poor use of grammar.

Yes, I have been to West Bay Beach, I was an annual visitor for many years staying on the island up to three months. I have not been down in the past two years.

West Bay in my option is a beautiful beach, it is the premier beach on the island. There was a time Mayan Princess had a web cam, now the only one I know of is at Bananarama. Yikes! looks like another nasty day down there. Bananarama Web Cam . This is a second cam which has been off line for months, it shows you West Bay is usually crystal clear with bathtub like calm. Second Cam

I understand the ease of AI, but if the food is not worth the extra money and you can get a version of AI down the beach a bit.... Does AI mean unlimited drinks or food? The reason I ask is Bananarama offers transport, one free drink, loungers, changing rooms, and bathrooms for $30 per person. They have three restaurants on their property and the menus are posted on the Bananarama Web Site. $30 per person is $69 difference from Mayan.. are you going to eat and drink $69 worth of food and beverage.

An additional thought, I was trying to convey in my 1st post.. I don't know anyone who goes to Mayan to eat, they have at least one public restaurant and no one goes.. Thirsty Turtle at Bananarama on the other hand has many people off the beach eating there. This would suggest the food is far and away better at Bananarama.

Now then, if Mayan allows for their cruise people to play in their pool, perhaps that is a point for Mayan.

If I understood your original question..NO, I do not believe $99per person at Mayan is a good value.

With all that said do you wish to snorkle? The easy access, boat free, reef snorkeling is a short walk down the beach, past Infinity's L shaped dock. If part of your party wishes to be lounging in a chair while others snorkle, you maybe better off at the AI called Tabyana.

I do hope this is more help than my 1st post. :0)

I do hope this is more help than my 1st post. :0)

Your post was extremely helpful, thank you!

Yes, at MP the price does include food and alcohol, pool, etc. But food is very important to us and I have also read on TripAdvisor that it isn't great...so you bring up a good point (price difference and quality).

I'm going to check out Banarama -- the variety of options may suit us better and save us some $$ :-)

We spent the day there last March. I thought our lunch was quite good, and the monkey la las were delicious. The bar seemed pretty low key on the day we were there. The pool is beautiful and very refreshing, and was mostly empty while we were there. We were just a short walk from some of the best snorkeling I have ever done. The beach and beach chairs are pretty much what you would find elsewhere on West Bay Beach.

It is definitely one of the more expensive options on the beach, but if you're looking for a pool it's a good choice. Lovely pool, very quiet and private.

It was my impression that the cruise excursion folks had a much shorter time at the beach because it got much quieter after 2pm.

Guest2000-I don't see the offer for $35 pp for Bananarama on the web site you posted. It has changed since last time I looked. Have considered this before, but have not done it as I have read that there is a lot of boat traffic in front of the beach at Bananarama. Could you please tell me how to find that $35 offer on the web site?

Guest2000-I don't see the offer for $35 pp for Bananarama on the web site you posted. It has changed since last time I looked. Have considered this before, but have not done it as I have read that there is a lot of boat traffic in front of the beach at Bananarama. Could you please tell me how to find that $35 offer on the web site?

Indeed the only easy access, boat free reef snorkeling is down the beach a bit past Infinity's L shaped pier. If you wish that access steps from your longer go with the Tabyana Beach Break option.

http://bananarama.com/activities/cruiseship-packages/

I actually was just quoted $75 from them for the AI. This is what they told me:

All inclusive day pass: includes access to The Beach Club San Simon Installations where you will find beach and lounge chairs, showers, restrooms, a bar and a restaurant, it also includes one lunch & beverages.

Adult (13 yrs or older): $75.00

Child (5 yrs to 12 yrs): $35.00

Infant (0-4 yrs): $15.00

They also have a beach day pass for $35 for adults. In either package round trip transportation is included.

I too would be interested to hear what everyone has to say.

I am curious - who did you email to get that info? I actually put in an inquiry and haven't received anything back...

If you (or kids?) are all about the pool, Mayan is a great choice, in my opinion it is the best pool on the island (certainly the best in West Bay). It is nicely woven into the mature landscaping and has several different areas so you can easily find a spot for your party without being on top of other guests.

The food is fine there. It is not like world class dining, you're eating by the pool or on the beach, it's pretty standard fare. So is Bananarama. So are most of the places on West Bay Beach, honestly.

They just built new bathrooms which are very nice. The pool is great. San Simon is next door (they own it) and is basically just a venue, a bar, with a porch area, cabanas sometimes and bathrooms. The beach chairs line all three of their properties which are all next door to one another.

As for the price, I am not sure. That's more you're call. If it truly is more unlimited (lots of food, the buffet, maybe?) would make more sense versus one pre-chosen meal that is standard for all visitors, I am not sure. The buffet is usually decent.