Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

Thank you , we love our aft's too ! B2B are great . And we had a similar view on a TA on the Celebrity Eclipse last Spring and loved it also .

IMG_6934_zps3tvkjipv.jpg

And the review of that cruise , Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic Crossing 2015 , just surpassed 200,000 views !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213388 :) :D

It has proved very popular. well done.:D

Thanks Dreamer333 . I shoot a Canon D6 SLR with a 24-105 lens or a 17-40 wide angle lens . Also a Sony RX -100 III pocket camera which I use for food shots and usually take on shore excursions . But the on Princess Cays I used the bigger Canon . ;)

Canons are awesome.:D

I assume the adults only area is for possible public nudity on the beach ?

Not likely. Though you go through the front entrance which has the sign for adults only, if you walk to the right, there is a roadway that goes along behind the adult area that is in plain view and in fact five feet off the roadway and you are standing in the adult area. On our last cruise we walked that roadway and could observe all that was going on in the adult area and commented on, where's the privacy?.

Edited by whitecap

Not likely. Though you go through the front entrance which has the sign for adults only, if you walk to the right, there is a roadway that goes along behind the adult area that is in plain view and in fact five feet off the roadway and you are standing in the adult area. On our last cruise we walked that roadway and could observe all that was going on in the adult area and commented on, where's the privacy?.

Perhaps it really is just to keep kids out for some peace and quiet.

We presumed that the bungalows were an extension of the on board Sanctuary . And Pat was told by the employee there that the bungalows had to be booked while on the ship and they were $50 more than the regular cabanas .

How much are the regular cabana's?

How much are the regular cabana's?

I looked up excursions on the princess website and saw that on Princess cays the cabana's are $199. I didn't realize there were "special bungalows" that would be purchased on board... boo

I looked up excursions on the princess website and saw that on Princess cays the cabana's are $199. I didn't realize there were "special bungalows" that would be purchased on board... boo

Seems pricey (to me anyway) however, if there are a few people pooling their money, maybe not so bad.:D

Returning back South toward the marina we saw the Pelican's perch and kiddie pool .

IMG_7012_zps66wl3e9t.jpg

While Pat looked for a hat to buy , I crossed an elevated foot bridge at the Love Boat Marina which leads to the South side .

IMG_7085_zpslpa3hiez.jpg

The view from the bridge

0d69af2f-4396-4bfa-9770-6f050cb1667d_zpsx8dxdpeg.jpg

The grill on the south side

IMG_7079_zps6rgc3eu8.jpg

There was a small protected area there where the water was calm .

IMG_7081_zpslo6xgpa9.jpg

The beaches were beginning to fill up so we hopped on top of an empty tender , said goodbye to Eleuthera , and made the ride back to the ship for a buffet lunch .

IMG_7092_zpsfewddpki.jpg

Smart plan, I don't mind spending a day swimming but I am not one to just lay around getting burnt/brown. Would rather have my swim, snorkel, etc and then have lunch on the boat.:D

As we live in Florida we tend to avoid the midday heat and do our outside working and playing early or toward evening . And since aren't on a vacation , we have no mandate to lay in the sun very often . But we did see a lot of sunburned folks from the sunny and mostly clear skies . The lady in the black dress had some interesting grill marks on her back . :cool:

IMG_7958_zpswnoyjimn.jpg

The water looked a little green in the foreground as we returned to ship

IMG_7093_zpsqvhgwox1.jpg

The Regal is registered in Bermuda an displayed their flag on the tenders and ship .

IMG_7107_zpsqiaighjz.jpg

IMG_7099_zpssugqsmhz.jpg

I do miss the bow access on the CB , one of our favorite photo spots !

IMG_1060-001_zps3db377f3.jpg

We had 4 great cruises on the CB which was covered in detail , with lots of photos , in Cruising the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess found at this link :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094420

This feature is missing on the R class .

IMG_7111_zpsjwbrb838.jpg

Pulling alongside you can see a new feature , Seawalk , jutting out from the ship .

IMG_7133_zpsqdobfsky.jpg

Nice work! Going on the Regal in a couple weeks, so it's awesome seeing some great pictures of it! I'm amazed the cruiselines don't post more pictures etc of the boats, rooms and what not.

I'm surprised at the size and layout of the cabanna's on the island. I did a short 2 night cruise with a work group last year on Norwegian and on their island we rented one of their large cabanna's for 8 people I think it was.. It was much larger, open sided (so no air conditioning) but it did have a fan and a large deck area, fridge and shower. Lots of chairs, floaties, extra towels etc were in it too..

It was well worth getting it for the group as it gave a home base for everyone to come back to, leave bags etc at, and for taking a break from the sun (or hiding from it if your not into baking all day). I got it as I was thinking about it the day before.

With a group or 1-2 other couples it was a great way to go. Seeing the pics of the Princess cabanna's I'm not so sure I'd do it there.

Attached are some pics of the Norwegian Large Cabana - sorry I didn't have a DSLR with me :)

edit - wow they sure don't allow for much in the way of image size when uploading pics here do they!

IMG_5090.jpg.f3699a2510bab275b6949f433159ec47.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg.cc5e4727d7d481d7ca2e4c1f1438f429.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg.fc1738f4171e77ee090143e0ba994de8.jpg

Edited by Audiosolo

Nice work! Going on the Regal in a couple weeks, so it's awesome seeing some great pictures of it! I'm amazed the cruiselines don't post more pictures etc of the boats, rooms and what not.

I'm surprised at the size and layout of the cabanna's on the island. I did a short 2 night cruise with a work group last year on Norwegian and on their island we rented one of their large cabanna's for 8 people I think it was.. It was much larger, open sided (so no air conditioning) but it did have a fan and a large deck area, fridge and shower. Lots of chairs, floaties, extra towels etc were in it too..

It was well worth getting it for the group as it gave a home base for everyone to come back to, leave bags etc at, and for taking a break from the sun (or hiding from it if your not into baking all day). I got it as I was thinking about it the day before.

With a group or 1-2 other couples it was a great way to go. Seeing the pics of the Princess cabanna's I'm not so sure I'd do it there.

Attached are some pics of the Norwegian Large Cabana - sorry I didn't have a DSLR with me :)

edit - wow they sure don't allow for much in the way of image size when uploading pics here do they!

They look like a much larger cabanas though.:D