Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

Nice work! Going on the Regal in a couple weeks, so it's awesome seeing some great pictures of it! I'm amazed the cruiselines don't post more pictures etc of the boats, rooms and what not.

I'm surprised at the size and layout of the cabanna's on the island. I did a short 2 night cruise with a work group last year on Norwegian and on their island we rented one of their large cabanna's for 8 people I think it was.. It was much larger, open sided (so no air conditioning) but it did have a fan and a large deck area, fridge and shower. Lots of chairs, floaties, extra towels etc were in it too..

It was well worth getting it for the group as it gave a home base for everyone to come back to, leave bags etc at, and for taking a break from the sun (or hiding from it if your not into baking all day). I got it as I was thinking about it the day before.

With a group or 1-2 other couples it was a great way to go. Seeing the pics of the Princess cabanna's I'm not so sure I'd do it there.

Attached are some pics of the Norwegian Large Cabana - sorry I didn't have a DSLR with me :)

edit - wow they sure don't allow for much in the way of image size when uploading pics here do they!

Thanks for sharing . We would have found the Princess cabanas more appealing if :

1. If they were lower priced

2. If we had a group or family

3. If it were hotter or bugs were an issue ( they weren't on this cruise ) .

4. If we were swimming - as a a place to leave valuables ( cameras) as it is lockable .

5. If we were going to have the catered meal - but that's $ 50 more .

So , it was a little too iffy for us . ;)

Thanks for the photos ! :) :D

Back on ship after our visit to Princess Cays , we went up near the Seawalk for a view before our first visit to the Horizon Court and Bistro .

DSC04751%20Stitch-001_zpsuixgaljz.jpg

With most of the people ashore or on the upper deck we had a chance to explore at a more leisurely pace and have a nice window seat .

DSC04728_zpswlimiq0a.jpg

DSC04711_zpsakj3g0sv.jpg

I was in the hide and go seek mode for some spicy food for lunch similar to what we had enjoyed on our previous cruise , on the Celebrity Eclipse .

Getting warm

DSC04725_zpsrwtngbfy.jpg

hotter

DSC04714_zpsxiyx9vrw.jpg

red hot !!

DSC04717_zpstin2i79q.jpg

Chicken Tikka Masala and seafood curry !

Joe, I've finally made it over here, and I'm all caught up! Love the cabin pics. I'm really hoping to sail either the Regal or Royal next year in an aft balcony like the one you and Pat sailed in on this cruise. I'm planning to show DH the cabin pics to help get him on board with my plan. :D

I was honored to see my screen shot of your sailaway from the PE Webcam show up in this review. :cool:

Thanks for sharing!! I am loving your pictures and it is getting me excited for my cruise on the Regal in a couple weeks!!!!

Thanks for joining in this cruise ! The weather is beginning to warm now so you should have a great cruise coming up . ;)

scubacruiserx2, I have a question. A few pages back you had pictures from your cruise to Patagonia. I have been there on business but not on a cruise. Where did you fly into to pick up this cruise? Loved your review, am currently reading your Celebrity review for transatlantic. Thank you for posting this review.

Edited by AF-1

Joe, I've finally made it over here, and I'm all caught up! Love the cabin pics. I'm really hoping to sail either the Regal or Royal next year in an aft balcony like the one you and Pat sailed in on this cruise. I'm planning to show DH the cabin pics to help get him on board with my plan. :D

I was honored to see my screen shot of your sailaway from the PE Webcam show up in this review. :cool:

Hi Nancy we're glad you made it ! We booked this cruise as we had wanted to try a newer ship for quite sometime and because of the similarities to our cabin on the Eclipse . Also , it was a early anniversary present as well ! ;)

And so thanks again for sharing your photo with us , and we hope that you enjoy our cruise . :) :D

A new programme on ITV tonight at 8.30pm 'The Cruise' featuring Regal Princess.

It has finished now but recently there was a whole series called 'Mighty Cruise ships' which is a spin off from 'Mighty ships' that was shown weekly on one of our stations. Some great ships were shown.:D

scubacruiserx2, I have a question. A few pages back you had pictures from your cruise to Patagonia. I have been there on business but not on a cruise. Where did you fly into to pick up this cruise? Loved your review, am currently reading your Celebrity review for transatlantic. Thank you for posting this review.

We flew from Miami to Buenos Aires and spent the night . On the next day we flew to Santiago to meet the cruise which ended , for us , in BA . The reason that we flew to BA was that both flights were in the day , which we much preferred to the 2 night flights both to and from Santiago . And the same airline offered a round trip to El Calafate from BA (at a different airport) for our post cruise stay there .

After lunch we went upstairs for a look at Seawalk

DSC04729_zpslztlijwr.jpg

looking up

DSC04731_zps66jrfl2r.jpg

looking down on the hump balconies

DSC04732_zpspepfdx78.jpg

and looking down through the glass floor

DSC04733_zps2svv1rff.jpg

the view from the deck above

DSC04730_zpsadmjvpc7.jpg

DSC04753_zpsqvbifflb.jpg

And here's the video about it from Princess :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HysOJqdzOhI

While on deck I wanted to shoot some wide angle shots . The best way for me , is to shoot several overlapping photos . This one used 4 . I then upload them to Windows Photo Gallery which has a program to stitch them all together .

DSC0474120Stitch_zpsgrzd27hm.jpg

I then edit a finished photo .

DSC0474120Stitch-001_zpswuxmzfmi.jpg

Here's a different photo , from the MUTS screen , which used 3 photos stitched .

DSC0475520Stitch-001_zps6skmhjnq.jpg

Returning to our stateroom we took a brief nap followed by that wonderful tradition of afternoon tea .

IMG_7138_zpszrgb1uyq.jpg

And a Pavlova for my princess and a scone for me ( sconed again ! ) .

DSC04777_zps9linfl5d.jpg

IMG_7144_zpsbeepqiuk.jpg

Up next : Sail away from Princess Cays and dinner at the Crown Grill .

I love how you do the photo stitch.

The pavlova is nice but it is not a proper pav, what you have there is just a meringue with cream and topping. Proper Pav has crusty outside (like the meringue but soft on the inside.:D

I love how you do the photo stitch.

The pavlova is nice but it is not a proper pav, what you have there is just a meringue with cream and topping. Proper Pav has crusty outside (like the meringue but soft on the inside.:D

Thanks Mic ( and windows ) , we learned the technique on A HAL cruise computer enrichment class while on a cruise .

Yeah and it wasn't proper clotted cream for the scone , but they were available . So sometimes we make do until the proper one comes along . Kinda like dating - before I met my wife !! ;)