Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

One thing I have always hated in ship bathrooms is the position of the toilet paper. Most of the time they are located in a very awkward location and when they aren't they get wet. Surely there is a compromise position. I have only had it on one ship and that was due to the bathroom being so small I could reach across from the loo to get it.

DSC04640_zpshz9rzpab.jpg

Edited by MicCanberra

But the shower stall was now a little larger and shower head can now be hand held - a definite improvement !

DSC04641_zpstgmjncpm.jpg

However - it still had the same clingy curtain .

Yes, shower curtains can be irksome. I bring along two little magnetic clips and just use them on the bottom of the shower curtain, it adds some weight and stops it sucking onto your body.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We tried to book the Sanctuary for one of our days at sea , but all of the lounges we sold out . We think that there were a large number of B2B cruisers on board early . We then hustled back for the ever popular lifeboat drill . Our's was held in the Vista Lounge .

DSC04671_zps9tyhaael.jpg

We returned to our balcony for the sail away . Looking down just before casting off .

DSC04674_zpsdovlxx6f.jpg

" Props engaged Captain , all ahead one quarter "

IMG_6940_zpszyhnxdmk.jpg

On the way out of port we saw the Allure of the Seas trying to land a plane on her flight deck .

IMG_6953_zpstopk1el1.jpg

And the Silhouette ready to go

IMG_6960_zpsgk96xegw.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Oh my gosh, the size of the balcony is fantastic. That's one reason I've shied away from the Royal or Regal. We are huge balcony lovers. I'm going to have to reconsider. Now, if you show me a true promenade deck it would seal the deal.

Looking forward to the rest of the cruise.

One thing I have always hated in ship bathrooms is the position of the toilet paper. Most of the time they are located in a very awkward location and when they aren't they get wet. Surely there is a compromise position. I have only had it on one ship and that was due to the bathroom being so small I could reach across from the loo to get it.

DSC04640_zpshz9rzpab.jpg

Ooops ,well spotted Mic , I had forgotten that detail - it was quite awkward !! :o

What is the wine ? Cab sav and a Shiraz?

Yeah , it was our last bottle of the 2009 Shiraz that we had enjoyed so much ! :) :D