Oasis - Park Cafe - Embarkation Day

We've had our cruise planned for 11 months and for 11 months, we've been dreaming of this famous roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe that we keep hearing so much about!

So... we want to strategically plan our attack of the roast beef sandwich! haaa! :)

We plan on arriving at the port at 10:30. This is our first time on Royal Caribbean, but our friends have sailed once and are Crown & Anchor Members.

Questions:

1. Can we get priority boarding with our friends since we are a party together or do we have to wait?

2. Assuming we CAN'T board with our friends, what time do you think we'll be getting on the ship (arriving at port at 10:30)?

3. Will Park Cafe be a zoo on embarkation day? What time is a good time to get there to avoid huge lines? I realize there will be tons of lines on embarkation day AND since we are sailing during Spring Break....just trying to minimize it.

Thanks so much!

At terminal 18, everyone is segregated by C&A level, so you can go down, but you can't go up.

If Park Cafe is a zoo when you get there, just wait until about 2pm or so. Once staterooms open, the crowds die down quickly.

We've had our cruise planned for 11 months and for 11 months, we've been dreaming of this famous roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe that we keep hearing so much about!

So... we want to strategically plan our attack of the roast beef sandwich! haaa! :)

We plan on arriving at the port at 10:30. This is our first time on Royal Caribbean, but our friends have sailed once and are Crown & Anchor Members.

Questions:

1. Can we get priority boarding with our friends since we are a party together or do we have to wait?

2. Assuming we CAN'T board with our friends, what time do you think we'll be getting on the ship (arriving at port at 10:30)?

3. Will Park Cafe be a zoo on embarkation day? What time is a good time to get there to avoid huge lines? I realize there will be tons of lines on embarkation day AND since we are sailing during Spring Break....just trying to minimize it.

Thanks so much!

The roast beef sandwich is available in the Park Café every day, all day. :)

I've got a few more months to go until my next kummelweck!

I'm not sure if your question was answered, but when you arrive at the pier; you will be divided by C&A status, and also Suites+ will get their own line. One a recent trip (Celebrity) the Concierge Class line was shorter than the loyalty line, so we went with the shortest line which was no line at all :D

If you are not in a sweet and have no status, then your line will probably be pretty long but it varies by sailing.

It is pretty much a honour system. You can follow your friends in line and no one will likely be the wiser until you get to the front. But if you follow the rules, then just stand in the most applicable line.

We've never had to wait more than 30 minutes or so, so the lines do move pretty quickly.

As for Park Café, I don't recall it being too bad on embarkation day. If the line is long (more likely the wait for a table will be long), just come back later. I recall that we had to wait a bit for a table.

Enjoy your sandwich :D

At terminal 18, everyone is segregated by C&A level....

Question - If we have C&A status on RC.com, but when we booked the cruise, we didn't, will we be able to go to the appropriate C&A line when we arrive at the terminal? Does your C&A status show on your SeaPass? Thanks!

Question - If we have C&A status on RC.com, but when we booked the cruise, we didn't, will we be able to go to the appropriate C&A line when we arrive at the terminal? Does your C&A status show on your SeaPass? Thanks!

Yes, the C&A level in on your SeaPass card, which the port personnel use to herd you into the appropriate sections.

Edited by clarea

We had the same plan back in December, but when we boarded there were light showers all afternoon, so it was limited to inside seating only, and it was not worth the wait, so we did the jammer. Not the end of the world as we enjoyed the café and the roast beef and salads several times during the week. A great casual dining option. Beats hot dogs and mediocre pizza.

Just have your friends point out that they would like you to be able to join them in their section. We just sailed with friends who are gold and they were allowed to join the platinum group with us. We were asked how many and when we said just 2 they said OK. They probably wouldn't let more than that move up but you should be OK. If you go directly to Park Café you should be fine. But like others have said, it's available every day so if you don't get it on day one...there's always day 2...and the rest of the week. So yummy!

A few weeks ago when we were on Oasis, we hit Park Cafe on embarkation day around 2:30 pm and it wasn't too bad. We normally board around noon but were later this time and it was a breeze boarding and also getting something to eat. I guess most people were done eating and were in their cabin by that time. :)