Freedom

mumeof3

Do you ever 2nd guess if you made the right decision by booking on the Freedom when maybe we could have looked into a better boat??? After reviewing I am now hoping the food is not as bad as some say,that the cabins are not as worn as some say and that there is a lot to do on ship without spending extra money, we did princess about 8 years ago and loved it....please any new good reviews please post we are going in May and staying on deck 7 towards back in balcony and also inside rooms

I've been on Freedom twice, and am booked again coming up. She's a great ship.

We used to sail Princess, but got tired of the constant marketing and staff soliciting good comments. We've also tried NCL but the freestyle was not for us, way too much planning and scheduling and reservations etc. We still had a great time with many wonderful memories.

Which leads me to my last point. Maybe you could have found a better ship, but the Fredom is still awesome, and you will have a great time, so don't stress.

I've been on her twice. She feels like my home away from home. I am a nervous nelly about my upcoming cruise because it's on oasis. I KNOW it will be fun, but it's a new boat for me, and I am soooo comfortable with Freedom. Food has been great, service great, Bingo was fun, and my 10 year old did things that we didn't do when we took him - that boy was NOT afraid to go have fun!!!!

My wife and I have been on Freedom twice and are going again in May also. We love this ship. And as far as food is concerned, I can't say I've ever really noticed any difference between the different ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've sailed on Freedom of the Seas twice and have two more cruises booked on her (including one in just 17 days!). I think she's a wonderful ship, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's been updated in her refurbishment last year.

We went on the Freedom in July of 2014 and have another trip on her this July as well. Try not to go in with "preconceptions" based on other people's feelings. If you go in expecting bad food and worn furnishings, you're sure to find them. I really only ever read the reviews to look for information about times/days of activities/shows, menus, excursion information, etc. Two people can go on the same ship, experience the same exact things, eat the same food, and come out with two completely different types of reviews. Do things on the ships get worn out sometimes? Yes. Can they replace everything every week? No. It still amazes me how good these ships DO look knowing the amount of passengers that sail them weekly (and how some passengers treat the ship :eek:). Just my two cents (or maybe 3). :) Whatever you do, ENJOY your vacation!!! :):):)

Gosh I hope everyone can't stand her down in Ft. Lauderdale and they send her back

up to us where she belongs! :eek: ;)

Please...please don't let her go down there RCI!! Make her stay here!!! We love her!! :D

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, so to speak. We will miss her, but happy to get Oasis.

I want my cake and eat it too! I will take both! :)

Will miss going to Coco Cay and Grand Cayman on Freedom especially.

That's true. Unfortunately, NCL got the Saturday slot for Epic, and Carnival has taken over T10, so I don't think there's anywhere to dock a Freedom or Voyager ship now.

That's true. Unfortunately, NCL got the Saturday slot for Epic, and Carnival has taken over T10, so I don't think there's anywhere to dock a Freedom or Voyager ship now.

Which terminal is Epic going to home dock at? :eek: Guess I have not kept up with the local

news. :(

Edited by island lady

T1, same as Freedom now but on Saturday. I think Spirit is there now

Hmmm...I was totally wrong in my thinking that the new terminal was just for RCI then. :( Drats....I was

hoping we would get a Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, (or Celebrity would be terrific!) for that Saturday slot.

Both Epic and Oasis at same terminal.....parking will be very interesting at terminal 1!! :eek:

Edited by island lady

Hmmm...I was totally wrong in my thinking that the new terminal was just for RCI then. :( Drats....I was

hoping we would get a Freedom, Voyager, Radiance, (or Celebrity would be terrific!) for that Saturday slot.

Can you just imagine trying to park at the new terminal with both Epic and Oasis passengers taking up parking spots?! :eek:

There's the big surface lot on the east side. It's designated commercial, but I don't see why they couldn't use it for overflow. And don't forget the weekend passengers. Definitely a lot of them need to park.

There's the big surface lot on the east side. It's designated commercial, but I don't see why they couldn't use it for overflow. And don't forget the weekend passengers. Definitely a lot of them need to park.

I am glad I use ParknCruise. But I am guessing they will start to get overwhelmed also. That is the one

of the things I miss about our old house in Merritt Island, could take a taxi from the

house just 5 miles away and leave our vehicle in our own garage! ;)

We are 20 miles away here now in the new house.

Edited by island lady

I am glad I use ParknCruise. But I am guessing they will start to get overwhelmed also. That is the one

of the things I miss about our old house in Merritt Island, could take a taxi from the

house just 5 miles away and leave our vehicle in our own garage! ;)

We are 20 miles away here now in the new house.

We find someone in our building to drop us off and then cab back when it's over. $25 including tip. :D