Tell me about the ports on these two cruises please....

my3kids91

Which cruise below would you do and why? Trying to decide which one is better. Also, tell me about LOS.....likes/dislikes, tips....

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity Sun 12Feb2017 Galveston, Texas - 4:30 PM Boarding Mon 13Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Tue 14Feb2017 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked Wed 15Feb2017 George Town, Grand Cayman 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Tendered Thu 16Feb2017 Falmouth, Jamaica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Fri 17Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sat 18Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sun 19Feb2017 Galveston, Texas 7:00 AM - Departure

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity Sun 19Feb2017 Galveston, Texas - 4:30 PM Boarding Mon 20Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Tue 21Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Wed 22Feb2017 Roatan, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Thu 23Feb2017 Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered Fri 24Feb2017 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Sat 25Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sun 26Feb2017 Galveston, Texas 7:00 AM

It really depends on what you want in a port. We just decided against an Eastern Caribbean cruise because all the ports were "beach" ports, with nothing interesting to do that didn't involve sitting on a beach.

We did a cruise on Carnival that included Roatan, Belize and Cozumel, and we loved it. My favorite parts of the cruise were (1) the river cruise in Belize, which also took us to Mayan ruins; (2) the boat ride in Roatan that took us up close to the shipwrecks; and (3) the speed boat ride to the beach in Cozumel.

We just got back from a cruise to the 2nd one you posted about. Although we didn't get to go to Honduras due to a medical emergency on board of our ship.

Belize has an awesome sting ray/shark snorkeling excursion on the reef, which is the 2nd largest reef in the world. It's absolutely stunning. At Costa maya we did the Chaccoban Mayan ruins. I learned so much information and it was an awesome experience. In Cozumel we did a waterpark/beach excursion to Playa Mia which was excellent. The excursion included a buffet and booze.

Which cruise below would you do and why? Trying to decide which one is better. Also, tell me about LOS.....likes/dislikes, tips....

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity Sun 12Feb2017 Galveston, Texas - 4:30 PM Boarding Mon 13Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Tue 14Feb2017 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked Wed 15Feb2017 George Town, Grand Cayman 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Tendered Thu 16Feb2017 Falmouth, Jamaica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Fri 17Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sat 18Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sun 19Feb2017 Galveston, Texas 7:00 AM - Departure

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity Sun 19Feb2017 Galveston, Texas - 4:30 PM Boarding Mon 20Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Tue 21Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Wed 22Feb2017 Roatan, Honduras 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Thu 23Feb2017 Belize City, Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered Fri 24Feb2017 Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked Sat 25Feb2017 Cruising - - Cruising Sun 26Feb2017 Galveston, Texas 7:00 AM

Silly wabbit!

The answer is obvious.

Do a back to back. Do 'em both.

:D

I did this itinerary on a carnival cruise out of 8 cruises it was my favorite. Belize we did zip lining and cave tubing. Honduras there is a great beach at the port with restaurants and bars. Cozumel swimming with the dolphins. The other itinerary has Falmouth waste of a port stop.

This would be our choice because we don't enjoy having a port stop in Falmouth.

Since we live in Texas we have done both several times, I do find them equal so we pick the week we want and do not even check which route, glad we are doing Roatan this time since last 2 we did Jamaica, my favorite shore excursion is the Dolphin encounter in Roatan

We've done both itineraries.

Grand Cayman - beautiful beaches and a trip to Stingray City is fun. We've done a waverunner tour there 3 times. Great fun.

falmouth - eh. Don't do anything outside the port on your own. Do an organized excursion. Last time we just hung out in the pool at margaritaville which is inside the port.

Roatan - one of our favorite ports. We book transportation to Bananarama - a beach resort in West Bay - and hang there. One of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean. You can also find a boat and skipper who will take you to the reef - best snorkeling ever. Same reef as Belize.

Belize - both times we've had bad weather so haven't really experienced it.

If you're sailing for the ports, I'd do Roatan/Belize. The snorkeling/scuba diving in both places is A+. Belize also has fun cave tubing tours.

If sailing for the ship, I'd do Jamaica/Cayman. Stay on the ship at Falmouth and get off for a few hours in the Cayman Islands to do some shopping. Also, in my experience, the weather at both of these ports tend to be reliably sunnier and warmer in February.

Lastly, the Liberty is a wonderful ship with lots to do.

I haven't been to Belize or Honduras, but I've been to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth, not all on the same cruise, but together that would be a fabulous itinerary for me.

Cozumel is BEAUTIFUL and has great shore excursions. The first time there I did the Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas, which was held on a second floor open terrace at a resort, overlooking the water. They taught us how to make 7 different salsas, including a dessert one, and kept a steady flow of strawberry margaritas (they offered a non-alcoholic version as well), then we learned to salsa dance. It was one of the most beautiful, relaxing, enjoyable days of my life. I'm going to Cozumel again next January on Allure and either going to Nachi Cocum (a popular independent resort, not a RC tour, with lots written about it in the Ports of Call forum) or doing the Underground River Cenote excursion.

In Grand Cayman, I did a dolphin encounter which was fun, my first in-water experience with a dolphin (I have since done a dolphin "shallow water interaction" at Atlantis, which is more fun than just the "encounter," but I still loved Grand Cayman). I enjoyed the architecture there too.

Earlier this month I did zip lining and river tubing in Falmouth, and I purchased a 1 lb bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, which they will tell you is the best in the world and is the only coffee served on Air Force One. They're not lying. It's the best coffee I've ever had, by a mile. Falmouth was loads of fun, even though we got pouring rained on and the coffee cost a fortune (I wasn't sure the price was legit until I checked to see if Amazon has the same coffee, which it does, for about the same price . . . and I'll buy it again).

If you like snorkeling and scuba diving then go to Belize. They have the second largest barrier reef in the world. I've been to 15 caribbean islands and have Snorkeled or scuba dived in all of them, belize is a winner for the beauty of the underwater coral by a long shot!! Belize works really hard to maintain their reefs and they are colorful, huge and full of sea life. Many of the other islands have a lot of dead and broken coral that is covered in green algae and lacking much sea life.

We cruise from Galveston in Feb 2015 on the Belize, roatan, Cozumel route , and cruised twice the other route. I loved Roatan. Belize is breathtakingly beautiful , however, we really just wanted a beach day and there isn't really a beach like roatan, Cozumel. That route you have 2 seas up front and only 1 sea day coming back. I prefer the Cozumel, Jamaica and caymans because you have 2 sea days at the end the cruise. But either way , it will be fun. For us, the 3 port days back to back- left us tired and we really enjoyed leaving our cruise refreshed and rested.