Infinity Aft cabins

Cheers4cb

We will be on the Infinity in cabins 8172 and 8170 for Alaska next summer. Can anyone tell me if the partition between the two balconies can be opened? I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has stayed in either of these cabins on an Alaska cruise. We chose these to have protection from the wind while hoping to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the scenery. Good thinking or am I missing some negatives? Thanks!

We will be on the Infinity in cabins 8172 and 8170 for Alaska next summer. Can anyone tell me if the partition between the two balconies can be opened? I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has stayed in either of these cabins on an Alaska cruise. We chose these to have protection from the wind while hoping to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the scenery. Good thinking or am I missing some negatives? Thanks!

We can see no negatives at all ... excellent room choices. Not sure if the balcony divider opens or not. We were in one of the family verandas on the corner aft on this same deck ... by far, the best room we've ever had.

We have those same two rooms next summer as well, obviously a different week than you. :) I read somewhere else that the balconies do not open on Infinity but I will let someone else who has sailed on this ship before answer.

While there is no physical door between verandas, the glass partition nearest the rail can be removed by the crew. I've seen it done a time or two on other M-class ships, though we've not yet been on Infinity.

Also, #8172 was our first cruise cabin and sold us on aft cabins. It is a magnificent location. Try to keep it clean, as we'll be in that exact cabin next year. ;)

Edited by Maligator

az_tchr et al,

We have stayed in an aft on the Infinity, and others, and I can testify that the deck 11 afts CAN be opened. This is true of the M class fleet.

The only other M class cabins that have an operable divider are 6144 and 6143. Those dividers however open to a space with access to the butler's pantry and its balcony. We have stayed in 6144 too. I think it was on the Millie. Back in the good ole days the crew used to use this balcony to grab a smoke.

While there is no physical door between verandas, the glass partition nearest the rail can be removed by the crew. I've seen it done a time or two on other M-class ships, though we've not yet been on Infinity.

Also, #8172 was our first cruise cabin and sold us on aft cabins. It is a magnificent location. Try to keep it clean, as we'll be in that exact cabin next year. ;)

The partition in the cabins mentioned by the OP cannot be removed or opened. I have spent many nights on the Infinity, and several in those aft cabins. You are perhaps thinking about the AQ cabins on deck 11 which are a totally different story, as they were added after the ship was built.

We have sailed the Infinity in an Aft cabin. I think we were on Deck 9. Large Balcony! Great views and no wind.

Our favorite cabin on the ship. Would love Celebrity to offer us an upgrade to the AFT on our upcoming Baltic cruise. Can you hear me Celebrity??? I am waiting. LOL