Tipping at Chef's Table

TX Sweetart

Technically the gratuity is included in the $75, but after you've had the meal and seen the service, you will realize that $75 is a deal for both the quality and quantity of food and wine that you are served and that the service you receive is truly exceptional. I like to take extra cash to be able to give personally to the servers as well as the chefs who assist in the meal. The amount varies depending upon the level of service, which always ranges from fantastic to amazing. :)

Not only is it included in the fee but it is gauche to tip a chef. They aren't "the help"

While not positive, I have been told the tip (you could add) was for the server specifically (although tips might be pooled, I doubt the chef(s) participate).

I heard on them Princess pages they get no tips.

There are many assumptions made and posted about tips when most are blatant guesses.

There was a steakhouse worker that threw a wrench in the works that came in here and said she gets NONE of the tips, just that she got paid for working up there. And sure enough, she was called some cruel things.

But she presented some pretty credible evidence.

But like any other place we eat and tip in, I don't sit back and wonder what percentage of the bill goes where. But when they do tell me the tip is included, I know what included means. In fact when I get a bill in a restaurant for a party of 6 or more, it's the first thing I look for. And never give it a second though to whom it's going.

I have attended three chef's table seatings and have tipped $15 per person when the bill arrived. I am treating my adult children and their spouses and myself on a cruise next Thursday (gave it to them as a Christmas gift) and will be tipping an extra $15 per person then.

There are many assumptions made and posted about tips when most are blatant guesses.

There was a steakhouse worker that threw a wrench in the works that came in here and said she gets NONE of the tips, just that she got paid for working up there. And sure enough, she was called some cruel things.

But like any other place we eat and tip in, I don't sit back and wonder what percentage of the bill goes where. But when they do tell me the tip is included, I know what included means. In fact when I get a bill in a restaurant for a party of 6 or more, it's the first thing I look for. And never give it a second though to whom it's going.

I kind of remember that. Hard to believe that they tell us tip is included, wont tell us how much and than the servers get nothing.

It is split amongst the waiters that serve you. For the 12 people at our dinner, there were 4 or 5 I think - maybe 6. The Chef did say this specifically at the end, if we felt that the service we got was worth it, etc., that there was room on our ticket to add a tip.

We added a $50.00 tip because it was just that awesome.

Edited by christyran1228

I don't care who gets what.

We had an exceptional evening at the Chef's table. Top notch service, fabulous food and a great group of people.

There is a line for a tip on the bill.

We tipped $25pp.

Tasting menus with wine, at local restaurants in my area are about $300pp. So even with the tip, it is dirt cheap.