captains club

tony rac

Do not, I repeat do not join this so-called “Captain’s Club”. When I joined years ago, if I recall correctly, I was forced to pay thousands of dollars to join. They had the gall to call me a “Founder”. And all I "founder" out was that you do not become a Captain by joining the group (No running the joystick) and you do not get a Club. (Not even a Cricket bat) All you end up with is a piece of cheap cardboard with perforations in your stateroom when you board the ship. I throw it away and Celebrity even took the special “Save the Waves” plastic bin that they used to provide for getting rid of the cardboard junk.

Worst part is the “Captain’s Club” host has wasted my time with trips to restaurants and a number of evenings forcing me to meet the real? “Captain”. What a bunch of … Worst than that is they have been known to sneak into my stateroom and leave flowers. And those stink. I'm not even gonna start with the OBC crap that they have placed on my account. What the heck is OBC? I tell them to take it off my account and give it to someone else, they can deal with it.

After all these year and a couple hundred thousand later all I have to show for this membership is a bunch of cruises and a whole lot of time spent throwing away perforated paper.

Do not, I repeat do not join this so-called “Captain’s Club”. When I joined years ago, if I recall correctly, I was forced to pay thousands of dollars to join. They had the gall to call me a “Founder”. And all I "founder" out was that you do not become a Captain by joining the group (No running the joystick) and you do not get a Club. (Not even a Cricket bat) All you end up with is a piece of cheap cardboard with perforations in your stateroom when you board the ship. I throw it away and Celebrity even took the special “Save the Waves” plastic bin that they used to provide for getting rid of the cardboard junk.

Worst part is the “Captain’s Club” host has wasted my time with trips to restaurants and a number of evenings forcing me to meet the real? “Captain”. What a bunch of … Worst than that is they have been known to sneak into my stateroom and leave flowers. And those stink. I'm not even gonna start with the OBC crap that they have placed on my account. What the heck is OBC? I tell them to take it off my account and give it to someone else, they can deal with it.

After all these year and a couple hundred thousand later all I have to show for this membership is a bunch of cruises and a whole lot of time spent throwing away perforated paper.

Now I understand your "land of bad comedy" location. :D

captains club on celebrity what perks do you get is it worth it thanks all

Our Captain's Club premier recognition and rewards program, with exclusive benefits for each membership tier, is designed to make you the center of our attention.

Earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Guests traveling solo in a stateroom and paying full fare earn Double Club Points on each sailing.

For more information, please visit https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/gateway.

Our Captain's Club premier recognition and rewards program, with exclusive benefits for each membership tier, is designed to make you the center of our attention.

Earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Guests traveling solo in a stateroom and paying full fare earn Double Club Points on each sailing.

For more information, please visit https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/gateway.

"premier recognition and rewards program".

please explain the premier bit [emoji32]

When does the Captains Club status actually start from ?

We completed one cruise and that put us on "Preview" status and we have no points

We are about to go on a second cruise - do we have to complete that before we get any points and so move to Classic status and so start getting benefits?

When does the Captains Club status actually start from ?

We completed one cruise and that put us on "Preview" status and we have no points

We are about to go on a second cruise - do we have to complete that before we get any points and so move to Classic status and so start getting benefits?

You should normally be credited for the points corresponding to the first cruise about two weeks after it; if not, contact the Captains Club.

Edited by vivi9909

Now you should sign up before you take your first cruise so that you can begin building points. Years ago they did charge a nominal fee payble after your first cruise. Then they eliminated the charge but you still could not count your first cruise. That's the history of the Captain's Club since RCI purchased the line from Chandris. RCI already had the Crown and Anchor established at that time.

Do save your seapass cards or other proof of sailings as none of the RCI lines keeps your cruise history forever and when questions arise it is up to us, the sailing public, to provide proof of sailings. If anyone had given us this little piece of advice 30+ years ago there would be a few more +++++'s behind our names.

We are Elite plus members of the captains club and mostly sail on celebrity . I have called the captains club from time to time with questions. I must say that over the years I find the reps are less helpful. Some either appear to lack training or are just "doing a job". That being said no downside to getting the perks that are offered. The free laundry benefits are very worthwhile as are some of the discounts.

Do save your seapass cards or other proof of sailings as none of the RCI lines keeps your cruise history forever and when questions arise it is up to us, the sailing public, to provide proof of sailings.

Mistakes do happen.

My husband and I have completed the same number of sailings, but he was down as 'Select' and I was 'Elite.' I rang and he was also made Elite.

However, after our last cruise, my points were credited, but his were not- again!

Again it was up to me to contact Celebrity, who maintained his membership had been deleted. Not so according to the web site, which has once again been updated!

Edited by upwarduk

We're doing a back to back in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the points that we earn the first week will be credited as quickly as the second week? We move into a different tier after the first week and would like to know when it takes effect?

Thanks in advance!

Won't electronically update that quickly... Cruise points aren't earned until a cruise is completed and it generally takes a few weeks for the records to be updated...

That said; there is a work-around that will allow you to enjoy the benefits of your new Captain's Club membership tier during your second cruise... During the first, speak with the onboard Captain's Club Representative to advise of your upcoming change in tier and that you will be doing consecutive sailings...

She/he will manually intervene to make sure that your new tier status--with related change in benefits--is recognized during the second cruise...

Happens all the time...