Need help reevaluating whether to rebook for savings

thomaskuhn

I booked the Spain, Malta, and Italy cruise for my wife and i july 30 to august 6. We booked really early to get one of the large veranda rooms (9215). I think we are a little over $4k for the two of us with classic drinks and. 200 obc. It looks like i can now get a 1A for about 500 less plus 300 obc. Am i reading that correct? If i try to rebook, will i still be able to stay in my current large veranda room?

Edited by thomaskuhn

You are before final payment. You should be able to get these new terms (remember: you will give up the deal you had and take all the terms of the current deal) without losing your cabin -- or you might want to consider upgrading to a higher level if there are any cabins that appeal. We have done this several times on our upcoming Connie Med cruise, riding the price down very nicely and then upgrading to a suite for about the same price we had initially paid for Aquaclass.

Thanks everyone. It looks like we can upgrade to aqua and still save a bunch of money. I will give them a call today.

Be careful to make sure you still get to keep the same perks when you rebook, i.e., the classic drink package.

Be careful to make sure you still get to keep the same perks when you rebook, i.e., the classic drink package.

Exactly...the guarantee cabins don't come with all the perks if that is what you are looking into. The classic package with enough OBC to upgrade to the premium package is important to me ... so saving $500 isn't worth giving that up for ... to me, anyway.

Thanks everyone. I contacted Celebrity and got the new room rate while keeping the room and drink package. That saved us $400 plus we got an extra $100 obc.

We could have upgraded to aqua for about the same price but i did not like having the room at the front of the ship. There was one room left (that i could tell) that was not under the workout area. My wife and i were mainly concerned about ship movement though. We are paranoid about sea sickness. Out hump cabin is nice and cozy near midship.

Thank you Celebrity!

Edited by thomaskuhn

Thanks everyone. I contacted Celebrity and got the new room rate while keeping the room and drink package. That saved us $400 plus we got an extra $100 obc.

We could have upgraded to aqua for about the same price but i did not like having the room at the front of the ship. There was one room left (that i could tell) that was not under the workout area. My wife and i were mainly concerned about ship movement though. We are paranoid about sea sickness. Out hump cabin is nice and cozy near midship.

Thank you Celebrity!

You'll be much happier midship!! So convenient!

I agree the remaining A2 cabins are not in locations that I would find acceptable -- and it must be admitted that your 1A is one of the best possible cabins. Still, rather than take the $200 pp refund I would have seriously considered paying $70 pp more to get an A1, which has plenty of prime mid-ship locations available and would get you into Blu plus award more Captain's Club points.