A new hazard that may be on HAL ships.

OceanTraveller4ever

No, but I believe he may have been at Disneyland.

But I agree the title to thread is a bit misleading and if we lead our lives being scared of everything we would never leave our homes, actually never get out of bed because of the possibility of something that could go wrong in our own homes.

:D See my above post......

Guess we shouldn't even feel safe in our own beds. :D :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread :D

Bringing sanity to some of these threads can be a very difficult task and it's not often that others express their appreciation for my efforts. I do the best I can whenever I can. Thanks for noticing.

Edited by RocketMan275

Many news programs have shown a vaper battery blowing up in a person's pocket.

We should be cautious of smokers using this dastardly device close to us.

Just a heads up.....

Actually, the same thought came to me as I watched the video on TV. The moral of the story is that you need to be aware of your surroundings. You don't always know what hazards or hazardous people are in your environment. We can be careful, but that doesn't always keep us safe. The driver in a car texting or talking on a cell phone, the person who throws something out of the car window or onto your balcony that starts a fire can all cause us to be less safe.

The crew is well trained to put out fires and hopefully the captain is paying attention to the other hazards on the high seas!

Think it might be more worrisome to have Hoverboards on the ship.

I don't know what's the situation in the US, but most of the airlines in Europe have banned hoverboards onboard. Doesn't matter if it's carry on, checked in or as cargo, they won't fly.

But on the other hand, you might want to watch out for smartphones then as well as these things sometimes catch fire as well.

Anything that has electrical wiring in it can cause a fire, so you should always be vigilant and careful.

I don't know what's the situation in the US, but most of the airlines in Europe have banned hoverboards onboard. Doesn't matter if it's carry on, checked in or as cargo, they won't fly.

But on the other hand, you might want to watch out for smartphones then as well as these things sometimes catch fire as well.

Anything that has electrical wiring in it can cause a fire, so you should always be vigilant and careful.

My neighbor's house was badly damaged by a fire caused by a laptop. BTW, he was a volunteer fireman.

Some weeks ago, we had a post asking if hoverboards would be allowed on HAL..... I am very sure the answer is definitely No after the incidents about we have heard. I saw a report of another house fire this week started by a hoverboard. They aren't allowed on airplanes and public transportation in lots of cities is banning them.

So why are vapor cigarettes allowed on planes. Easy enough to sneak a puff in the bathrooms on the planes as well as the cabins on the dam ships. My SIL is one of those people.:mad:

From just looking at a person, how do we know they may be carrying a vape battery in a pocket? I have visions of everyone keeping their distance from everyone else----just in case. :D

Seems to be where the world is heading.

I saw that news clip of the man in the store whose trousers were set on fire from the e-cigarette in his pocket. He was badly burned.

BTW, I know someone who always carried her cell phone in a bum bag on her cruises, and latter was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

2 years ago hubby was on an excursion and had placed an extra charged camera battery in his pants pocket for fast access, if needed. No problem right? WRONG!!!

Said battery made contact with some loose change in his pocket at the same time he was reaching into it to grab the extra battery, giving him a bit of a jolt.

Since then, we researched and discovered that you should never ever put batteries of any kind in pockets or other storage places that might have them come in contact with a metal object, such as change.

So, when I read/hear/see all the stories about "exploding" batteries, I immediately think Battery+Pocket+change=DANGER.

In fact, I just did a Google search under "Should batteries be placed in pockets?" and came up with the following from Energizer.ca

QUOTE "Why does the battery get hot when placed in a pocket?

Batteries can be short-circuited by metal items such as coins, keys, paperclips etc. A battery that is subjected to a short circuit can become very hot and increase the potential for leakage and personal injury." UNQUOTE

This means all battery operated devices. It is my opinion that E-cigs are pointed out more by the media now because of the "concerns" of people about their use.

If you think about it, do a google search on "exploding batteries", you'll be surprised how many other devices have had the same problem, but the media does not cover them, after all, how are you going to convince people not to use a camera, phone, lap top, etc, etc....

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

So why are vapor cigarettes allowed on planes. Easy enough to sneak a puff in the bathrooms on the planes as well as the cabins on the dam ships. My SIL is one of those people.:mad:

When they assign me to be in charge of such, I'll be able to answer you. In the meantime, you'll have to seek the answer elsewhere. :)

But I think you suspected that? :D

BTW, I know someone who always carried her cell phone in a bum bag on her cruises, and latter was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

I don't know what to make out of this post.

I certainly hope you aren't 'making a joke' but I don't think that the case.

Are you trying to link that woman's ovarian cancer with her cell phone? I think there needs to be a bit more authoritative research and proof before most of us accept that idea.

Very sad in any case and hope the woman you know received good treatment and has done well.

And rocket gets a little stamped star for espousing sanity....:)

A well earned star I might add.

I'm quite proud of that star too. You really have no idea how hard I work for these small amount of recognition.

Edited by RocketMan275