A Few Breakaway Questions

supergirlteacher

Leaving in 2 weeks...yikes!!

Just had a couple of questions...

1. At GSC, do you get priority tendering if you've already booked a Cabana?? I'm going to be really annoyed if I've spent almost $500 CDN on a cabana and can't get to it til the 3rd or 4th tender!

2. Is there anything to do near the ship terminal at Port Canaveral?? I wasn't going to bother getting off the ship that day but now have a friend who is in Florida for 2 weeks wanting to come and meet us that day for a visit so her little girl can see what the ship looks like. I don't really want to be off the boat for too long or travel too far from it as we'd been looking forward to a day with less people on board.

3. We've chosen the 9:30 check in time at the pier...does this actually MEAN anything?? Will it ensure that we have a lower boarding number or is it really just the luck of the draw?? It seems silly to have exact check in times to choose from if that doesn't really help us...I'm REALLY hoping for Vibe passes!

4. Has anyone on here done Atlantis? We booked the one through NCL...is transportation included in that?

Thanks everyone!!

1 the early tenders are rarely full. Later in the morning, you can use your voucher to get in line (versus a reserved time to get in line) but you are still getting in line for a tender.

3 Show up when you want. Boarding starts at 11:30. Checkin will get busy later in the morning. We usually show up between 10 and 10:30

4. Transportation is included. You leave with your group and get wrist band based on what tours you have booked. You come back to the ship at any time. The shuttles run every 30 minutes.

leaving in 2 weeks...yikes!!

1. At gsc, do you get priority tendering if you've already booked a cabana?? I'm going to be really annoyed if i've spent almost $500 cdn on a cabana and can't get to it til the 3rd or 4th tender!

You will get priority tender, tickets will be in your room

2. Is there anything to do near the ship terminal at port canaveral?? I wasn't going to bother getting off the ship that day but now have a friend who is in florida for 2 weeks wanting to come and meet us that day for a visit so her little girl can see what the ship looks like. I don't really want to be off the boat for too long or travel too far from it as we'd been looking forward to a day with less people on board.

Nothing to do near terminal except a seafood restaurant. You can

hop in their car and go to cocoa beach.

3. We've chosen the 9:30 check in time at the pier...does this actually mean anything?? Will it ensure that we have a lower boarding number or is it really just the luck of the draw?? It seems silly to have exact check in times to choose from if that doesn't really help us...i'm really hoping for vibe passes!

Boarding numbers are handed out randomly, no rhyme or reason to who gets a low number or high number. If you are in the haven you will get priority boarding as well as priority tender

4. Has anyone on here done atlantis? We booked the one through ncl...is transportation included in that?

We did this in june. Transportation is included. Pick up bus where they drop you off. You can stay as long as you want but make sure to get back to the ship in time

thanks everyone!!

have fun!!

Edited by Gershep

The only unanswered question is about Port Canaveral. You can take a shuttle from the ship to Cocoa Beach, they drop you at Ron Jon's surf shop which is a close walk to the beach. The shuttle runs continuously between the beach and ship so you can come and go as you please.

And yes, at GSC your cabana will get you on the first tender :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I have just taken a taxi to Atlantis. You can buy a day pass when you get there. They say they can sell out but I've just arrived early enough the three times I've been there and never had a problem. This also allows you time to walk through the aquarium and get a locker. You will most likely have to wait for the ticket office and locker area to open but it is much better than waiting in the lines that will form quickly with the other ships and groups arrive.

If you want a vibe pass, yes, of course get there early. From what I hear, your check in time means little, so those with later times can show up early, too.

You can take a shuttle to cocoa beach. There will be a bunch when you get off the ship, about half the cost of the one from the ship. We took a cab to jetty park, close to the port and nicer.

We've done Atlantis through the ship and on our own, both times we were there before 9. It was only $99 when we booked through the ship, otherwise we'd just buy at Atlantis or through another party (resortforaday, bahamasdaypasses).

If you book anything on great stirrup cay, you get s priority tender ticket.

You have probably already returned so I am answering for others interested in more answers.

While on Breakaway in February, we met my niece in Port Canaveral. She parked right at the port and next to the ship is a restaurant. I can not remember the name but it had indoor seating, outdoor seating by the water, and a band played while we were there. Our walk was about 2-5 minutes it was so close to the ship.

We also went to GSC. I usually wait until way later in the day to go but those I traveled with wanted to leave in the morning. When they call your ticket number (if you decide to get one), you meet in the theater. They use the port, starboard, and middle sections to organize embarking the tender. The key is have patience here...just because your ticket gets called...does not mean you are immediately walking on to the tender....you end up in the theater about another 30 minutes plus or minus to get on. If you rented a cabana or are in a suite...I am sure you have priority embarkation...either first or whenever you want. I have never done a "tour" on the private island so I do not know if the ticket tells you when to meet in the theater.

coka

Leaving in 2 weeks...yikes!!

1. At GSC, do you get priority tendering if you've already booked a Cabana?? I'm going to be really annoyed if I've spent almost $500 CDN on a cabana and can't get to it til the 3rd or 4th tender!

2. Is there anything to do near the ship terminal at Port Canaveral?? I wasn't going to bother getting off the ship that day but now have a friend who is in Florida for 2 weeks wanting to come and meet us that day for a visit so her little girl can see what the ship looks like. I don't really want to be off the boat for too long or travel too far from it as we'd been looking forward to a day with less people on board.

3. We've chosen the 9:30 check in time at the pier...does this actually MEAN anything?? Will it ensure that we have a lower boarding number or is it really just the luck of the draw?? It seems silly to have exact check in times to choose from if that doesn't really help us...I'm REALLY hoping for Vibe passes!

4. Has anyone on here done Atlantis? We booked the one through NCL...is transportation included in that?

Thanks everyone!!

Get out the way on the private island and in Port Canaveral everyone!!!!! Supergirl takes the cake in priorities and needs to be off when she wants to be...dont care bout anyone else!!

Get out the way on the private island and in Port Canaveral everyone!!!!! Supergirl takes the cake in priorities and needs to be off when she wants to be...dont care bout anyone else!!

Wow! Just wow.

First of all she's sailed already and secondly those were perfectly valid questions - when paying hundreds of dollars for a cabana, it's only justified to want to be able to enjoy of it to the fullest. Tendering at GSC isn't always the quickest procedure even though two of the tenders (Little Norway I and II) are pretty big.