Questions on Maximizing UBP

HowardK

This post cracks me up! I plan on getting virgin drinks at one bar for my kids, sending them away and then going to another bar to get a real drink for myself and my husband. Is that OK? Please don't flame me!! :o The prices will keep going up no matter what we do!

This post cracks me up! I plan on getting virgin drinks at one bar for my kids, sending them away and then going to another bar to get a real drink for myself and my husband. Is that OK? Please don't flame me!! :o The prices will keep going up no matter what we do!

It isn't OK according to the terms.

I will be getting one of my kids virgin cocktails on my UBP. Almost everyone does this.

Take an IV line and a needle plus a bag, get the bartender to fill the bag then plug it in your arm. Then get in your jeep and start driving on your excursion. Good luck and I'll save my other comments for now. Oh and don't forget the Friends of Bill meeting on board that night. That's if you can make it.

Oh and don't forget to take an extra large bucket to sit on to relief yourself while in the jeep so as not to hold up other passengers and also as a barf bucket.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Edited by FranknBeans

It's going to be strange for me and hubby. We hardly drink at all and for our upcoming Escape cruise we received the two promo pick. Well, I figured the biggest value was the drink package and the dining. We ended up paying something toward each promo...I believe it was like $87 each for the UBP. And like $9 each for the dining. The way I'm looking at it were gonna have a hard time consuming $175 worth of liquor together. We will probably opt for some virgin frozen drinks and maybe some champagne cocktails. I understand that sodas are included and I may indulge in one of those in the theater where you don't have access to the free iced tea. (We both basically gave up soda this year, getting older,trying to stay healthy)

I will be getting one of my kids virgin cocktails on my UBP. Almost everyone does this.

The bartenders definitely don't have a problem with this. On our cruise I started off by getting a virgin margarita and I would drop it off for my kid and go right back to grab a regular margarita. After a few the bartender would just blend the two at the same time and had no problem not charging extra for the virgin for my kid.

It's going to be strange for me and hubby. We hardly drink at all and for our upcoming Escape cruise we received the two promo pick. Well, I figured the biggest value was the drink package and the dining. We ended up paying something toward each promo...I believe it was like $87 each for the UBP. And like $9 each for the dining. The way I'm looking at it were gonna have a hard time consuming $175 worth of liquor together. We will probably opt for some virgin frozen drinks and maybe some champagne cocktails. I understand that sodas are included and I may indulge in one of those in the theater where you don't have access to the free iced tea. (We both basically gave up soda this year, getting older,trying to stay healthy)

Never pick a perk on face value use the value to you.

Remember the alternative to the drinks would $175+its value to you how much OBC could you get?

Edit: No OBC on current choice.

Still time to change.

Edited by insidecabin

This is the first time I've gotten the UBP. Those bartenders better be making drinks quickly because I want to get my money's worth! Mimosas for breakfast, then gin between 11am-3pm, switch to wine in the afternoon and dinner. Then switch to the hard stuff after 9pm. Keep 'em coming!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='hunkahunka']Geez, I thought that the OP was joking or being facetious with this thread until I read everyone's comments taking it seriously. Dummy me.[/quote]

I was being serious- but in a good natured way. I will be nice to order a drink without thinking "this is $11 etc...". However, I don't intend on being hungover or drunk to the point where I don't enjoy the cruise.

[quote name='calgaryhhr']The bartenders definitely don't have a problem with this. On our cruise I started off by getting a virgin margarita and I would drop it off for my kid and go right back to grab a regular margarita. After a few the bartender would just blend the two at the same time and had no problem not charging extra for the virgin for my kid.[/QUOTE]

Probably a stupid question, but virgin strawberry margaritas aren't included in the soda package?

My last cruise on breakaway with UBP at the end of a 7 day cruise my alcohol itemized out to be 855.00 for me alone. UBP is the way to go for me. I am leaving this sunday on same cruise and my goal is to have a comma in my itemized on board account........needless to say i need this vacation!

I just got off Getaway on Sunday. Totally enjoyed the UBP to it's max... Awesome. Blue Moon, Heineken or two at lunch. Always tried 2 or 3 different drinks during the afternoon...Bob Marley and Rebellious Fish were favs. Switched to a few mojitos late afternoon. Cocktail before dinner at Mixx, Sunset or Sugarcane. Red wine with dinner. Amaretto after dinner. Spiced rum with soda in the evening because I didn't need any more calories...lol. Martini or Crown Royal before bed. No hangovers all week...Kept hydrated with water or soda water in between. Enjoy!!!

I'm getting the UBP included with a group deal. So thankfully we don't even have to pay the 18% gratuity, so its actually free! lol

Obviously on a vacation I drink more than I would normally, why not, I'm on vacation. But I make sure to drink plenty of water in between drinks. I also dont usually drink booze with meals to give myself some time to relax.

I also try my best to be courteous to my neighbors and in this case, fellow cruisers. If its party time at night thats one thing, but if its a quiet bar on the ship and you're acting like your at a spring break rave or something, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='BrandoMan13']I'm getting the UBP included with a group deal. So thankfully we don't even have to pay the 18% gratuity, so its actually free! lol

Obviously on a vacation I drink more than I would normally, why not, I'm on vacation. But I make sure to drink plenty of water in between drinks. I also dont usually drink booze with meals to give myself some time to relax.

I also try my best to be courteous to my neighbors and in this case, fellow cruisers. If its party time at night thats one thing, but if its a quiet bar on the ship and you're acting like your at a spring break rave or something, you're doing it wrong.[/quote]
Where are these quiet places? I avoid the quiet or dead areas except when I want a quick drink on the way to the party.

[quote name='detroitlions']Where are these quiet places? I avoid the quiet or dead areas except when I want a quick drink on the way to the party.[/QUOTE]

Haha, not a clue. In previous experiences at all inclusives, I'd get pretty buzzed at the swim up bar hanging out with people. Then sober up a bit at lunch and before dinner.

Then we'd usually do a quiet cocktail at a lobby bar before and after dinner before heading to the club/sports bar for shots and the party.