The Spirit moves us again on the April 11 Transatlantic FTL to Barcelona

spinnaker2

I sure will! I have a few weeks yet to wait but am putting in some practise as I write. Though sadly I have to pour my own [emoji6]

A big thanks again and will try to update if there are changes. Though spinnaker2 may beat me to it.

Lion cub

If I sample all those I won't be posting very much. I am familiar with some of them and won't want to taste them again.

Please have at it and work your way thru the list.

Rose park,

A yeomans job you have done, thanks much for that list.

I honestly do not think I have seen the list before, or at least I don't remember it.

We are closing in on the day. But no pressure.

weather here is humid, it rained intermittently during the night.

It appears that the Spirit will be berthed at 21, and as reported by another, she will be the only cruise ship in the port. She is due in at 0600 departing at 1800.

The excitement builds!

I just did some 14 day research on the weather and everything came up 60s during the day and 50s at night. Cooler than I thought, but still nice. I will need to rethink some packing. Slightly heavier layers take up more room. I know! I will leave out the swimsuit. Should give me some breathing space.....

Maybe leave behind a few pairs of sandals.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am obliged to you for your plaudits. Honesty, however, compels me to acknowledge that it is my office assistant "Ms Cut 'n' Paste" who is primarily responsible for all the donkey work.

And the irony is that, as we are unlikely to be on board this year, I won't even get to work my way through this list. Still I am sure I can leave it to some, if not all , of you to take on that task for me?

Rp

We are on the whisper next month and will do our very best to fulfil your request.;)

I had schemes afoot to be on there with you but some desperately important football match (apparently) put the mockers on that . What a shame, but I am sure you will cope admirably with the task - I am delighted to leave the challenge in safe hands.

Rp

Edited by rosepark

The weather in Hamilton today is sunny with a high of 74 F and a low of 68 F.

In Barcelona it's 52 F and raining the low will be 45 F.

In Malaga it's 70 F sunny and low will be 44F.

In ft Lauderdale the high will be 83F low 67F.

Sunny and pleasant.

Don't know about the sea days.

I reorganized all packing items yesterday as I was taking too much.

TG for the laundry perk.

The hardest issue is shoe choice.

Nice to have these "issues".

Not long now :-)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am obliged to you for your plaudits. Honesty, however, compels me to acknowledge that it is my office assistant "Ms Cut 'n' Paste" who is primarily responsible for all the donkey work.

And the irony is that, as we are unlikely to be on board this year, I won't even get to work my way through this list. Still I am sure I can leave it to some, if not all , of you to take on that task for me?

Rp

I don't think you should ever turn down a plaudit when they come as such an easy freeby, .... just wallow in it and enjoy. I enjoyed the list it made good reading. Thanks for your trouble.

If I were you, on your next cruise, I'd do what I do when I go to a new hotel anywhere in Austria or Germany. I go to the nearest congenial looking local bar or stuberl and ask for a seidal from every tap they have so that wifey and I can sample every one of them and establish the drink we will both will enjoy on our first day and every subsequent day and night ...... rather than find it on our last day just before we fly home.

Every passenger should insist on this on SS on their first day of their cruise. I am sure they won't mind.

:D

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I don't think you should ever turn down a plaudit when they come as such an easy freeby, .... just wallow in it and enjoy. I enjoyed the list it made good reading. Thanks for your trouble.

If I were you, on your next cruise, I'd do what I do when I go to a new hotel anywhere in Austria or Germany. I go to the nearest congenial looking local bar or stuberl and ask for a seidal from every tap they have so that wifey and I can sample every one of them and establish the drink we will both will enjoy on our first day and every subsequent day and night ...... rather than find it on our last day just before we fly home.

Every passenger should insist on this on SS on their first day of their cruise. I am sure they won't mind.

:D

Jeff

I think I might just submit the entire list before our next cruise as a request for our in-suite bar set up ...

Rp

........ and with that lot in your suite ..... where do you plan to sleep ....:eek:

Jeff

We'd have a drinking suite and a sleeping suite, of course. Hmm, they'd better be interconnecting, I suppose. Wouldn't want to have to weave any great distance from one to t'other

Rp

The weather in Hamilton today is sunny with a high of 74 F and a low of 68 F.

In Barcelona it's 52 F and raining the low will be 45 F.

In Malaga it's 70 F sunny and low will be 44F.

In ft Lauderdale the high will be 83F low 67F.

Sunny and pleasant.

Don't know about the sea days.

I reorganized all packing items yesterday as I was taking too much.

TG for the laundry perk.

The hardest issue is shoe choice.

Nice to have these "issues".

Not long now :-)

Cruise fever is starting to kick in Spins.....and great to see we will have some sunshine to enjoy.

No issues here with shoe choices...all 14 pair l selected are in the cases...[emoji15] my excuse being that l have an arthritic toe which means there are times l can't get into some footwear hence taking so many!

Dropped pup off earlier at his hotel..hate that bit but DD was with me so made it bearable....we followed that with lunch out and a Spa hour for nails etc.

All checked in for my domestic flight to London tomorrow afternoon so just a matter of the last minute bits to pack and I'll be starting my journey to the ship.

Looking forward to meeting you.....

Sophia [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair sailing Sophia. Leave some Champagne for the other cruisers, won't you?;)

Thanks so much TTS.......by the time l get back you and your lovely lady will be off on yours....hopefully we'll meet up again in Barbados in 2017......such fun.

S [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awoke to the sound of RAIN, oh no!

It didn't last long, but there are rain clouds on the horizon. Wind has picked up. The Port Everglades webcam shows the Spirit at her berth looking gorgeous.

As the pax get off, I can relate to and remember that feeling that the voyage is over and time to get back to reality and home.

Planes to catch and airports to go through with the cacophony of terminal noise and throngs of people.

For us, today is the beginning of our time aboard the Spirit. We are eager to laissez les bon temps rouler!

Safely aboard. Daughter joined us for lunch yesterday and bid us Bon voyage. Fun to have her see the ship.

As she was an art major and has a masters of fine arts from Christies, she was enthusiastic about looking at the art aboard, commenting and critiquing each piece she saw as to appraised value vs market worth, technique and artist.

We unpacked and we are enjoying our suite.

Beautiful weather today.

Meet and mingle was last night. Nice to put faces with nom de plumes/aka cc name.

Great dinner in La Terrazza with old friends. Good wine and good food.

Today we are just going to relax and reload.