The Spirit moves us again on the April 11 Transatlantic FTL to Barcelona

spinnaker2

Delightful special dinner in MDR organized by one of most personable cruise pax. Food was prepared by chef and was french. Wines which accompanied the multiple courses were lovely.

fun night.

Beforehand, Hyperion knight gave an early performance, at 6:45. Those of us who arrived a few minutes prior to the show had a taste of what was to come. It was a stellar event.

We skipped the Venetian night the evening prior.

Today it's grey and chilly, 61 F. Just came from pub lunch, as always lots of camaraderie and hearty singing.

Tomorrow Horta if the fates allow.

Delightful special dinner in MDR organized by one of most personable cruise pax. Food was prepared by chef and was french. Beforehand, Hyperion Knight gave an early performance, at 6:45. Those of us who arrived a few minutes prior to the show had a taste of what was to come. It was a stellar event.

Appreciate all of the added pictures from Spins to capture the various designs for this Silversea ship. Wonderful!! Can't get enough fun, interesting "eye-candy". Keep 'em coming!!

Glad to know that Hyperion Knight is entertaining on your trans-Atlantic sailing. Last year, we had the double opportunity to BOTH hear him perform, plus have dinner and lunch with him. He's a very smart, fun and interesting guy. For those who have not seen Hyperion, below are three of my pictures. For the ladies, yes, his look is fairly "easy on the eyes"!!

He joined our sailing in Manaus, a 1000 miles up the Amazon River from the Atlantic. At dinner that first evening, we were fortunate to have him and another wonderful couple from the UK at our main dining room table. He was playing later that night and it was a super fun discussion among all of us at dinner. Hype, as he is called, is really interested in politics and we had lunch with him yesterday to share more on music, the American Presidential races, etc.

Hyperion's focus are on the classics and popular standards, ranging from Beethoven to the Beatles. He is based in New York City, living in Queens/Forest Hills, where it is only 15 minutes away from the two main airports there. That is handy as he does lots of appearances with orchestras across the United States and has been a featured entertainer at Manhattan’s Rainbow Room and Essex House. A Gershwin enthusiast, Hyperion performed Rhapsody in Blue during his first night's Silver Cloud performance. He does luxury cruise lines such as Silversea, Seabourn, Holland America and Celebrity. In 2013 he was given the honor of being named Silversea's "Entertainer of the Year".

Hyperion was born in Berkeley, California and graduated at age 19 from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. By the age of 22 he had received both a Master’s degree and a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the Cleveland Institute of Music. In addition to his great performing skills, he has a wonderful sense of humor and does an exceptional job to educate us about these famed, historic music figures, such as the Polish-born Frédéric Chopin.

Any others have had a chance to be entertained by Hyperion?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 197,227 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

My pictures do not do a fraction of the justice deserved for the enjoyable performances by Hyperion Knight, including with two of the singers from the "Voices of Silversea". It was a magical night of music and learning so much more about Frédéric Chopin, his music, style and life. Plus, a number of other nice pop selections were weaved into the total stage program.:

SCSeaDaysA4_zpslsyujfis.jpg

SCSeaDaysA5_zpspfuivmwy.jpg

SCSeaDaysA7_zpso4ougqpr.jpg

Delightful special dinner in MDR organized by one of most personable cruise pax. Food was prepared by chef and was french. Wines which accompanied the multiple courses were lovely.

fun night.

Beforehand, Hyperion knight gave an early performance, at 6:45. Those of us who arrived a few minutes prior to the show had a taste of what was to come. It was a stellar event.

We skipped the Venetian night the evening prior.

Today it's grey and chilly, 61 F. Just came from pub lunch, as always lots of camaraderie and hearty singing.

Tomorrow Horta if the fates allow.

Glad you are enjoying Hyperion, he is a star, and useful if he plays trivia with you.

Thanks David, the good news has spread from the Whisper at last, but can you get a newspaper?

Re: Newspapers: Newspapers in Sprit Library sporadic because of "Technical Difficulties". Some days we get one sometimes not.

When lucky to get one, it is unreadable because of black splurges on every page.

bsrKent -- Will you be on the Barcelona to Rome portion? If so, I might see you in Monte Carlo.

Victoria,

So sorry to be tardy... but we have been forced to give up 5 hours, so far, and I have very little yet to give!!

Unfortunately we (working wife) are off in BCN, but I have heard of your 'girls only' plan, and certainly hope you enjoy the adventure.

Our very best to you & Bob, and I'm sure we'll sail together again soon... must be the similar taste.

More banter later when we are on proper hardware/software... but the internet speeds have been rather good... a pleasant surprise.

I have had requests to post photographs. Those with whom I have conferred

have given me their express permission and consent to put their photos up.

Mind you, I am not invading their privacy, so any readers who were worried may rest assured that the posting of the individuals picture or pictures is with their knowledge.

Hope that puts the issue to rest and we can go on.

Please note I attempted to obtain permission to post photos from inanimate objects, but we couldn't communicate.

If I am sued for a dignitary tort by Mt Pico, I will let you all know.

I have had requests to post photographs. Those with whom I have conferred

have given me their express permission and consent to put their photos up.

Mind you, I am not invading their privacy, so any readers who were worried may rest assured that the posting of the individuals picture or pictures is with their knowledge.

Hope that puts the issue to rest and we can go on.

Please note I attempted to obtain permission to post photos from inanimate objects, but we couldn't communicate.

If I am sued for a dignitary tort by Mt Pico, I will let you all know.

Hi Spins,

Not certain whether your post was "tongue in cheek" or not, because it can be taken either way, so for the removal of all doubt, thie discussion was not intended to annoy.

Many people for their own reasons do not like having their photographs posted on web sites. I am not Soapy's spokesperson but I know without a shadow of doubt that she would be extremely upset and annoyed if a picture of her were posted, and you are together and it might seem quite normal to post pictures of people you are mixing with. Unless one asks, one doesn't know. I therefore remain of the view that it is better to ask other passengers whether they mind pictures of them being published rather than risk upsetting them.

I am sorry if this view is annoying. :(

Jeff

Jeff

To specifically respond to you and to further remove all worries, I haven't taken any clandestine or otherwise photos of Sophia.

I am sure she knows that after meeting me. If not, I am now stating it.

I am not lurking on the ship behind some column taking paparazzi shots.

Good grief.

So let's move on.

Jeff

To specifically respond to you and to further remove all worries, I haven't taken any clandestine or otherwise photos of Sophia.

I am sure she knows that after meeting me. If not, I am now stating it.

I am not lurking on the ship behind some column taking paparazzi shots.

Good grief.

So let's move on.

I wasn't in the slightest bit worried about you lurking behind some column taking paparazzi shots. Just a bit bemused by the odd tone of your posts.

As you say, let's move on.

Ain't the internet a great form of communication!

It both is and isn't at the same time. :)

A cornucopia of communication conundrums to confuse those with an excess of conviction, confine and sometimes confound and if etiquette is contravened then contritivate. I made that word up. :eek:

Have a nice nightypoo.

:D

Jeff

image_zpszxua7fsv.jpeg

The spirit from the hill above the harbor Horta

image_zpsly5jvfwb.jpeg

Wild flowers on Horta

image_zpsuddwfysl.jpeg

An early hydrangea, they don't really bloom until next month. They are invasive and everywhere. Horta is known as the blue island because of the hydrangeas which are blue here. This one didn't get the memo.

Sorry all I am behind on posting of photos, but having far too much fun.

The Azores were just spectacular. They are an archipelago 400 miles from North America, with nine major islands and some smaller ones, all are volcanic, they are actually the tops of some of the tallest mountains on the planet.

There was snow on the top of Mt. Pico, unusual for this time of year. The Azoreans say it is due to climate change.

And no, you can not ski on top. It is considered the highest point in Portugal, although Azoreans are quick to state that they are autonomous in terms of government.

We visited the island of Faial and Sao Miguel.

I will try and post more photos when time permits.

We are en route to Malaga, and expect to arrive early tomorrow morning. We will pass through Gibraltar around midnight.

We will be picking up pax along the way, and the little mini cruise of six days following this one will be FULL to the brim.

Been told some corporate types will be boarding too.

Weather has been consistently chilly but many pax still sunning themselves around the pool deck.