Live from Allure of the Seas!!! March 6th 2016

NARZHOKIE

Have a safe trip! Looking forward to your review as we will be on Allure in October. My Sister-in-law and Mother-in-law is going and she will be 91 when we go. Am looking forward to hearing how your mom does. This will be our first Oasis class cruise. Have fun!!

Arrived in ft pierce safe and sound. Left ringland SC at 9am. Got to the FL line right before noon.

c0e937efd4df4829f60ed9030f1be49c.jpg

That's my 4 foot six inch little mother Jane.

When we got to St. Augustine mom wanted to stop at the outlets. She bought nothing but I ended up buying $200 worth of stuff at the under armor and Adidas stores something is wrong with this story she wanted to stop bought nothing I didn't want to stop and spent $200.

The traffic was not bad on 95 today. Bike week in Daytona so lots of bikes there so it made it a bit nerve racking around there.

Staying at Best Western plus here in Ft. Pierce nice room for the price. Paid $89 including tax on Hotels.com in January. Only draw back they had locked up the pool at 6pm. Was looking forward to the hot tub after the drive. So if your driving to port and don't want to drive all the way in. The would recommend this place

4e099d9526a5c73a199e02e56c12df81.jpg

ebe1ba2bc701e0171dcc8febdeaeff7f.jpg

I'll post in the morning before I get on the ship. I'm going to periscope my first impression of Allure as soon as I park the car at the Port!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be following along on periscope. Have an great trip.

So exciting that you'll be cruising tomorrow. Yah.

Your pictures of your snack are making me hungry (and I just had breakfast :D) Looks yummy.

Question about periscope as you mention you'll be using it. How does it work? If I subscribe, will my phone be doing loud noises when you post? Or can you control how you are notified? Want to follow but can't have my phone dinging when I am at work.

I have periscope set up so I get notifications on my home screen but no noise so I can ignore if I'm busy.

Looking forward to your live trip review. Enjoy your time with your mother. Shopping always works out that same way for me- I get conned into going and I'm the one that blows all the money!:rolleyes: Have a great cruise!

Barbara

Pretty uneventful drive down to Walterboro SC. Time to get some sleep. 5 hour drive to Ft. Pierce

Either you don't stop for potty breaks or you drive pretty fast. We live about 1 hour south of Walterboro and it would take me easily 5 to get to Ft. Pierce from where I am. We usually only make one quick stop. Looks like maybe you ended up in Ridgeland, SC for your stop over (not Ringland. LOL) That's pretty close to where I live. Let me know how long it took from Ridgeland to Ft. Pierce and then from Ft. Pierce to Ft. Lauderdale. We usually stay in West Palm Beach the night before our cruises.

Anyhow, have a great time. We depart on Allure at the end of this month.

Edited by legaljen1969

Not the start to the cruise I wanted. Mom tripped over someone's bag. Got to see the medical staff five min into our cruise 4 stitches!!! In her elbow!!

f378104e3facb2d3b4f388bfe5b9d35c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my!!!!!

Well I am glad it was only a small cut......

Okay now that she got that out of the way, prayers for a great safe cruise.

Tell mom hi!

Safer travels

Not the start to the cruise I wanted. Mom tripped over someone's bag. Got to see the medical staff five min into our cruise 4 stitches!!! In her elbow!!

I'm so sorry to hear that!

I received stitches on a Royal Caribbean cruise three years ago for an injury I sustained on an excursion. I'm happy to say that the medical care I received for it including the post-procedure treatments (daily bandage maintenance) was top notch.

First, best wishes to Mom and I hope she's feeling better! Glad you were able to get the care you needed.

Second, thanks so much for the incredible story and pictures. We will be on the Allure in May with our grandchild. Your pictures are a fabulous way to introduce her to the ship in addition to her being an Allure YouTube-expert!

Looking forward to more. . . have a great time!

Caren

Can you tell me if the stateroom doors are magnetic?

I understand there is a café on central park that has a breakfast that does not have an extra charge. Can you tell me the name of it? Thank you!

Following your scope... We leave on Allure in 27 days!! It will be my husband and I's first cruise!! Have fun and hope your mom starts to feel better soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by lerstephg