Some American Express cards offering $100 of $500 NCL Cruises

Sizzlechest

Hi everyone ; glad I found this thread.

My wife and I have "linked" Amex cards; different numbers but all charges go to one bill. I looked and each card had the offer. I added the offer on each, but so far I have made a payment on just my card. I immediately received the response automated email from Amex saying to look out for my statement credit.

Has anyone had luck using TWO cards to make two payments on a "linked" account?

I applied the credit to my charge card and booked the cruise using my CC #.

My DH AE card is under my account but with a different number.

Will he be entitled to the offer under his number?

If so' date=' how can I applied to my booking?[/quote']

Sounds very similar to the situation I posted above. Sizzlechest says it is a GOOD TO GO for us.

I am going to wait for the first credit to full post and then go ahead and use the second card as well.

One account, two AMEX cards with two different numbers. I have separate logins for my wife and me. Activated offer on both cards first by logging in to both accounts. Transactions done by TA one right after the other. Got the credit for both:

2ih05m1.png

One account, two AMEX cards with two different numbers. I have separate logins for my wife and me. Activated offer on both cards first by logging in to both accounts. Transactions done by TA one right after the other. Got the credit for both:

2ih05m1.png

Ok, I have to sign up a separate account for DH .

But how did you go about applying both cards? Sorry, little confused.

Being I made reservations under my card, not sure how I can get a credit from my DH card. :confused:

Did you apply a payment? Purchase something?

I was able to register 3 different Amex cards in both myself and my husbands name, giving us six chances for $100 credit each. The balance on my September cruise is $2400.00. I presume I can use four of these for $2000.00, leaving a remainder of $400. Would I be able to pay the 5th $500 and have a credit on NCL, which I can use for DSC or OBC?

Thanks, I have the offer on the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card, it is DH's account but I am an authorized user and have my own card number. I was able to load it to both cards by logging in separately. If I can get $200 back on my next cruise it might be worth going through NCL directly. The offer was not on our Costco Amex, but that card wil be defunct fairly soon anyway. I also added the $75 off Carnival offer, just in case, though I doubt we would book a Carnival cruise right now.

Thank you for the info on the Costco AMEX card. Boy will I miss the 3% travel rebate if the new Costco card does not have it. We buy most of our groceries at warehouse clubs so the new card we're being offered by AMEX is a poor substitute. I am thinking of trying to prepay our booked cruises ahead of final payment in order to get that rebate.

Ok' date=' I have to sign up a separate account for DH .

But how did you go about applying both cards? Sorry, little confused.

Being I made reservations under my card, not sure how I can get a credit from my DH card. :confused:

Did you apply a payment? Purchase something?[/quote']

As your TA or NCL rep to ONLY charge $500 per card towards your balance. You don't have to pay your balance in full.

Edited by Sizzlechest

As your TA or NCL rep to ONLY charge $500 per card towards your balance. You don't have to pay your balance in full.

Thanks! Tomorrow setting up his own acc to get the offer.

I like to wait a month so it's on the next statement...

Wonder if the offer expires soon?

How fast are people getting the 100 statement credit? The full charge has posted to my account and Amex is telling me 90 days after 4/30/16. So I won't have a statement credit until almost August?!?

2ih05m1.png

Were your statement credits ever showing in pending, or did they just appear on your posted transactions?

I received an email from Amex when I made my $500 payment and it said "We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at USD RESERVATION. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

The posted transaction for the $500 payment says

Norwegian CruiseLineMIAMI FL

Were your statement credits ever showing in pending, or did they just appear on your posted transactions?

No. They show they were on the 2nd, but didn't appear until the 3rd.

I received an email from Amex when I made my $500 payment and it said "We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at USD RESERVATION. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Sounds like you're good to go.

Thanks! Tomorrow setting up his own acc to get the offer.

I like to wait a month so it's on the next statement...

Wonder if the offer expires soon?

Technically it expires on 4/30/16. However, you should activate it ASAP and should do the transaction before the due date. Why? American Express is free to discontinue this offer if too many people take advantage. I'm not saying they will, but there are no guarantees in life.

My $100 credit just showed up today, however, the date for the credit was dated one day after my TA made the $500 payment. Payment $500 was March 2. $100 credit was dated March 3, but just showed up today, March 5. It never showed up under "pending".

Mine (for purchase of $500 OBC) shows the same.

FEB 29 Norwegian CruiseLineMIAMI $500.00

MAR 2 USD RESERVATION CORAL GABLES -$100.00