Escape: Million Dollar Quartet discontinued

ninel246

The show that was previously in the Supper Club (For the Record) is moving into the theatre, which is why Million Dollar Quartet is going.

Someone did post on here a few days ago a rumour of what was replacing that show, but I can't remember what it was.

Edited by KeithJenner

I was really looking forward to this show to redeem my faith in NCL shows after the hugely disappointing Legally Blonde last year on the Getaway.

What is the Supper Club show?

The Supper Club is dinner and a show. Someone else on the boards was able to sign up for either Cabaret (the show) or a cabaret show....not defined yet. On some cruises they have had a Broadway performer with a cabaret show. I think her contract has ended now so we are still waiting.

I read it was a vocal pro show or something like that. We just went to the theater this past weekend to see "Vocalosity" which is an all accapella show which was very good. I am hoping the vocal show mentioned is this type of show. I thought it would be perfect on a cruise ship as it was such a great blend of music from different eras and styles.

Personally I am excited about the change as we sailed the Getaway last Feb. and will be sailing again in Sep. 2017 so it was nice for us to have the show change from what we saw already. We will be on the Escape next Feb. [emoji924][emoji3]

Just off the Escape, and glad we were able to catch Million Dollar Quartet. I was expecting it to be good, but it was WAY better than I expected. I'm not a particular fan of any of the featured players (Jerry Lee, Elvis, Johnny Cash, etc) but the story was outstanding. Very well done. It's not going away....just moving to another ship. However the ship would be perfect with both Brat Pack and Million Dollar Quartet in the theater.

So it looks there is this show called Vocal Overdrive which is temporarily replacing Million Dollar Quarter for sailings from 3/5 to 4/16. This stinks, because I think MDQ was the "headline" show and "After Midnight" the other one. I enjoyed Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor on Getaway, would have loved to have seen MDQ but This Vocal Over Drive doesn't sound as interesting. My kids really enjoyed the Broadway style show of Legally Blonde and I was hoping there was going to be something similar in place of MDQ but oh well.

"Vocal Over Drive

DETAILS

Featuring five talented musicians, this explosive vocal band brings the popular a capella sound that’s sweeping the country today to Norwegian guests. Vocal Over Drive create the sound of a full band with just their voices to produce a high energy unforgettable theatre experience that will leave you saying…"How did they do that?" Forged out of funky beats and an award winning a cappella background, Vocal Over Drive has toured internationally wowing hundreds of thousands around the globe giving audiences the performance of a lifetime each night they take the stage. Fusing innovative harmonies, dance and comedy, this musical spectacle unites audiences young and old.

NOTE: Program will run from 3/5/16 through 4/16/16 in the Escape Theater."

So it looks there is this show called Vocal Overdrive which is temporarily replacing Million Dollar Quarter for sailings from 3/5 to 4/16. This stinks, because I think MDQ was the "headline" show and "After Midnight" the other one. I enjoyed Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor on Getaway, would have loved to have seen MDQ but This Vocal Over Drive doesn't sound as interesting. My kids really enjoyed the Broadway style show of Legally Blonde and I was hoping there was going to be something similar in place of MDQ but oh well.

"Vocal Over Drive

DETAILS

Featuring five talented musicians, this explosive vocal band brings the popular a capella sound that’s sweeping the country today to Norwegian guests. Vocal Over Drive create the sound of a full band with just their voices to produce a high energy unforgettable theatre experience that will leave you saying…"How did they do that?" Forged out of funky beats and an award winning a cappella background, Vocal Over Drive has toured internationally wowing hundreds of thousands around the globe giving audiences the performance of a lifetime each night they take the stage. Fusing innovative harmonies, dance and comedy, this musical spectacle unites audiences young and old.

NOTE: Program will run from 3/5/16 through 4/16/16 in the Escape Theater."

Hmmm...this one actually sounds pretty good. Would have rather seen them move After Midnight instead of MDQ, but it will be awesome to see the Brat Pack as a theater show. We paid extra to see it, and it was amazing, but to have it moved to "included" is a pretty good trade off. However, although we LOVED the Brat Pack, mostly for the music and nostalgia...MDQ was beautifully done and the story was great.

Norwegian Escape Brings the Brat Pack Mainstream

For the Record graduates to the main stage, while Broadway hit Million Dollar Quartet will rock on Norwegian Getaway

MIAMI - Feb 18, 2016

Norwegian Cruise Line, the innovator in award-winning onboard entertainment, today announced exciting changes to the entertainment offerings aboard the line’s two newest ships, Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Getaway.

Due to the show’s overwhelmingly popularity on Norwegian Escape, For the Record: The Brat Pack™ will be offered to an expanded audience, as a complimentary show in the Escape Theater beginning on April 16. Receiving rave reviews on Norwegian Escape, For The Record is a critically acclaimed, genre-bending form of live entertainment turning the soundtracks of iconic filmmakers into a thrilling immersive theatrical concert experiences. Guests spend an evening with a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal in this mashed-up retrospective of the coming of age 1980's teen films. Guests enjoying the show will laugh, cry, stomp their feet and relive the classic new wave sounds from Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty In Pink and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. As of April 9, The Supper Club will feature an all new dinner and live entertainment experience, with details to be revealed soon. The Tony Award-winning Broadway hit After Midnight featuring Brenda Braxton will continue in The Escape Theater as regularly scheduled.

As For the Record moves to the Escape Theater, the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Million Dollar Quartet will be featured on board Norwegian Escape as of the March 5 sailing and will re-open onboard Norwegian Getaway on May 15. Million ollar Quartet is the smash-hit musical inspired by the famed recording session that brought together rock 'n' roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time. Million Dollar Quartet brings that legendary night to life, featuring a score of rock hits including "Blue Suede Shoes," "Fever," "Great Balls of Fire," "Walk the Line," and more. Legally Blonde on Norwegian Getaway will close on April 30 and Burn The Floor will continue as currently scheduled.

From March 5 until April 16 when For the Record begins, The Escape Theater will feature Vocal Over Drive, a contemporary pop acapella group. Featuring five talented musicians, this explosive vocal band brings the popular acapella sound that’s sweeping the country today in hit films like Pitch Perfect to Norwegian guests. Vocal Over Drive create the sound of a full band with just their voices to produce a high energy unforgettable theatre experience that will leave you saying…"How did they do that?" Forged out of funky beats and an award winning a cappella background, Vocal Over Drive has toured internationally wowing hundreds of thousands around the globe giving audiences the performance of a lifetime each night they take the stage. Fusing innovative harmonies, dance and comedy, this musical spectacle unites audiences young and old. Vocal Over Drive will then move to The Getaway Theater from May 1 until May 15, when Million Dollar Quartet opens.

“Norwegian is leading the way in providing engaging, enjoyable and exciting entertainment for guests across our fleet,” said Richard Ambrose, vice-president of entertainment for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings. “These updates to our entertainment offerings will ensure we remain at the forefront of the industry, providing the very best contemporary, award-winning entertainment for our guests.”

Reservations for any of these entertainment experiences can be made via guests’ My NCL account on http://www.ncl.com starting on March 1, 2016.

To book a cruise with Norwegian, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Reservations for any of these entertainment experiences can be made via guests’ My NCL account on www.ncl.com starting on March 1, 2016.

I was just able to book the MDQ on line for our June 5th Getaway. It was only showing as available on two nights, two shows per night. Very happy as when we were on the Escape in January we missed it due to an injury to a main performer. I'm also excited to see that they are moving Brat Pack to the main theater so hopefully we can see it when we are back on the Escape in October......as it was ALSO cancelled on our January cruise due to injury:rolleyes: