VOOM Internet on all ships?

slyster

Are there plans to have VOOM internet on all ships? I know the Oasis and Quantum class has it, but what about the other ships? I was on Liberty of the Seas last year and it was PAINFULLY slow. Are there plans to expand VOOM to all ships?

Are there plans to have VOOM internet on all ships? I know the Oasis and Quantum class has it, but what about the other ships? I was on Liberty of the Seas last year and it was PAINFULLY slow. Are there plans to expand VOOM to all ships?

Supposedly all ships by May 2016.

• 1 month later...
Is the internet significantly cheaper for the ships w/o Voom?

Actually ships without Voom have been more expensive.

Before the recent availability of selected promos, Voom was $15 per day for one device and non-Voom was $20 per day for one device.

Is the internet significantly cheaper for the ships w/o Voom?

Believe it or not, it's actually more expensive. That may seem counter-intuitive, but I think the older internet just can't handle as much volume as the newer VOOM, so if they make it more affordable, more people will try to use it, and it will be even more painfully slow.

• 2 weeks later...
In my cruise planner, I got an ad for 30% off VOOM. I am sailing Grandeur in July... does this mean VOOM will be on that ship by then?:confused:

Sure sounds like it. Hope it's not a website glitch.

I got the same offer for the Independence for May 1st (which is when they said all ships would have Voom). However someone who is already on the ship talked to Guest Services, and they said it won't be on the Independence until May 26th. I'm worried that IT have just pulled the trigger without confirmation that it's actually going to be available.

I guess we will know what "Voom-like" means in a week or so.:confused:

With hordes of disappointed cruisers who think they'll get Oasis Voom like speeds, Voom may end being the Dynamic Dining term of the internet provided on RCI ships.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I am able to buy the 30% Voom for my Grandeur cruise in Aug.

Does this mean it will be installed by then since it is letting me buy it? A previous post said it would be 2017 for Grandeur even though supposedly all ships were to have it by May 2016.

No, all sailings show the VOOM 30% off as available and RCI announced that all ships will have VOOM as of last week but we know that the majority of them don't have real VOOM.

Edited by Biker19