Obc

Giantfan13

I am a Carnival stockholder and we sent the proper paperwork into Carnival for our $100 OBC. My question is how do I know if it was posted on my account. We sail on Sunday. I went to 'my booking' but I just do not see any place to verify if this has been credited.

I did book this with a TA. If there a way I can verify that it has been credited.?

Cheers

Len

If you gave them your e mail address when you sent in the information they will e mail you within 6 days.

You can find the OBC if you go into your documents and pretend like you want to print them out.

Just scroll down and it will be there underneath where it shows what you paid for the cruise and for shore excursions.

I find this interesting! Tell me how you go about purchasing shares with Carnival? How many shares must you purchase and the approximate price per share? Do you receive $100 box with each cruise? Many questions, sorry.

I find this interesting! Tell me how you go about purchasing shares with Carnival? How many shares must you purchase and the approximate price per share? Do you receive $100 box with each cruise? Many questions, sorry.

You need to set up an account with an online trader. Etrade is one. They will charge you a nominal fee to complete the transaction on your behalf. You need to have 100 shares to get the benefit. Right now they are just shy of $48 each. You get $100 for cruises over 6 days. You'd get $50 for shorter cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you gave them your e mail address when you sent in the information they will e mail you within 6 days.

You can find the OBC if you go into your documents and pretend like you want to print them out.

Just scroll down and it will be there underneath where it shows what you paid for the cruise and for shore excursions.

They did not send me an email. I called and they are about 2 weeks behind in applying credits. Finally after 2 phones and faxing the info twice, the $100 appeared in my documents. I never got an email.

Sue

I am a Carnival stockholder and we sent the proper paperwork into Carnival for our $100 OBC. My question is how do I know if it was posted on my account. We sail on Sunday. I went to 'my booking' but I just do not see any place to verify if this has been credited.

I did book this with a TA. If there a way I can verify that it has been credited.?

Cheers

Len

Len,

Go to the "My Cruise Details" page and click on "View Cruise Documents". When the screen comes up choose "Print General Information" and click on "Submit". A tab with all of the booking information will come up. Scroll to page 4 - "Invoice". There will be 2 boxes to the left of the page, the first one being "Itemized Charges", the second box should contain all your OBC information, including the "Shareholder Credit".

Hope that helps.

I always carry a copy of the latest statement with me on the cruise in case the OBC does not show up. I have never needed it.

Someone asked about purchasing shares ...

Investing is more than just buying shares online to get an OBC. Please take the time to learn about any company prior to purchasing shares. Please make sure you understand the risks and rewards involved. The OBC is a nice benefit, but is not the only reason I have about $5000 tied up in Carnival shares. It will take 50 cruises (7 days) to pay for itself in OBC.

Investing is easy, fun, and can be very rewarding. It also carries risk. Know what you are doing and why. Own your errors, and learn from them. If you trust someone to make investing decisions for you, you will lose money.

Dave

Another way to purchase stock is through your retirement accounts. We had our financial planner check out Carnival when we heard about this benefit a couple years ago. He felt it was a good addition to our portfolio. They annually provide us with the letter we need to submit as our proof of ownership. Also, the OBC is $250 on the longer cruises.

I faxed our statement in on a Friday and had a email back on Monday

Also we bought the stock when it was approx $30ish a share. It's now close to $48 and has been over $50....Besides the onboard OBC benefit it also pays dividends each year......We Love the stock and are Very Happy we read about it here on CC and bought it years ago

If you are first asking about how to buy stock then you need to get some real advice about planning for retirement and having some investments.

Just buying Carnival stock for getting OBC is not the best way to have an investment plan.

We bought stock a few weeks ago when the price went down below 50 as it was at a good point to buy.

It is now part of our well rounded portfolio of stock.

I imagine that a lot of people also bought in the last few weeks since the price went down and is now back on the move up. That is probably why they are backed up at this point.

100 shares. Price is whatever the stock price is when you buy. It is at $48.60 per share at the time I am writing this. If you have an IRA or a 401k plan that allows you to buy stocks, purchase it through your financial guy who manages that. It will be acquired with your pre-tax dollars and the yearly dividends will remain tax free until you sell the stock out of the IRA. You get $50 for cruises up to and including 6 days, $100 for 7 to 13 days, and $250 for 14 days and over (B2B's are not considered 1 cruise). This OBC is on any of the Carnival Corporation cruise lines that you sail on, not just Carnival Cruises. Last year we did 5 cruises and had about a 12% return on our initial investment.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Len,

Go to the "My Cruise Details" page and click on "View Cruise Documents". When the screen comes up choose "Print General Information" and click on "Submit". A tab with all of the booking information will come up. Scroll to page 4 - "Invoice". There will be 2 boxes to the left of the page, the first one being "Itemized Charges", the second box should contain all your OBC information, including the "Shareholder Credit".

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much. Found out exactly what I was looking for with your help.

Cheers

Len