Marking booking no upgrade?

dls1277

Hello,

Where do you mark a booking as not wanting any upgrade. I booked my cruise online at the Princess web site, chose the stateroom, and did not use a TA. I see posts that say to make sure it's marked no upgrade if you definitely want the stateroom, but don't see anywhere to do so. Thanks.

Hello,

Where do you mark a booking as not wanting any upgrade. I booked my cruise online at the Princess web site, chose the stateroom, and did not use a TA. I see posts that say to make sure it's marked no upgrade if you definitely want the stateroom, but don't see anywhere to do so. Thanks.

You can't, Princess has too. Call them.

As 'Colo' said only Princess can mark it for no upgrade and contact your booking source (TA or Princess) to do it.

FYI...it's a request only which I've read sometimes results in passengers being moved. What criteria they use to involuntarily make a cabin change has been speculated on CC however I haven't read anything definitive about why it happens.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We always have it marked no upgrade. Our reason is we are scared of losing our cabin and getting a upgrade to something we don't like. We book suites so theres not much to upgrade. If you mark it to be upgrade can they move you without asking if you would accept the new room. Example vista suite to penthouse suite, but didn't like the location of the penthouse.

We love our aft Vista Suites on Princess and once got a notice that we were moved to a PH up on Deck 14, which we definitely did not want, in spite of our TA selecting NO UPGRADE. Thankfully, our TA jumped on it right away. They had given away our VS, but our TA got us an aft facing PH, so she saved the day. We went from the obstructed balcony on C751 to the huge, unobstructed balcony on A751.

If you like where your cabin is, it is smart to have it marked as "no upgrade"

I had forgot to have my current reservation marked as no upgrade and last week with no notice to me or the TA they "upgraded" my cabin from a BF to a BA. Technically this is an upgrade since the new cabin is in the middle of the ship but it is three decks lower than my original cabin, next to six elevators, in an area with 3 and 4 passenger cabins and is connected to another cabin. I caught the change and was able to get back my original cabin (after a 3 day wait).

It is interesting that Princess's lower deck cabins are much more expensive then some of the upper deck cabins (even ones that have cabins above and below them). For most of the other cruise companies, the cabins are generally more expensive the higher you are.

I wondered about that too gullgeorge.

Maybe because of the older demographic? I thought maybe the older generation prefer to be close to the indoor activities like the lounges, theatres, restaurants, and maybe it's the younger cruisers who congregate on the open decks? Generally speaking of course, I'm sure there are lots of exceptions.

meta stands for?

I believe meta upgrade means you go up a full category e.g. oceanview to balcony, not all the nonsensical categories-within-categories which aren't really upgrades.

Nailed it :)