Carnival 12 pack of water- $3.99

PC Cruisin

We fly in so buying it before and having it in our room is a plus. It's worth $1 to me not to have to find a store and lug in onto the ship. But the point was they would make it affordable. At $4 it's definitely still affordable. I just hope it doesn't go up $1 every couple months.

No way their cost is .33 a bottle. I buy it for .15. With the volume they buy I am sure they are less than I pay. Don't get me wrong...I don't care that it went up, just won't believe they are selling for cost.

Maybe the actual cost to purchase the water is cheaper but that doesn't mean that was the actual cost of. You must take into account the storage, delivery to the ship, getting it on board, and getting it to the rooms that all add to the cost involved. Even if they were already paying people who do those job, it takes extra time now that demand is up which means more hours of work meaning more money they are paying.

The actual cost of the product is always higher than what it can be purchased for. Especially in a situation like this.

I don't think anything shady is going on. I just think Carnival saw the popularity of the water sales and decided to make an extra dollar per 12 pack. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like they brought the price back to $22.50 for 24 waters like it was before they banned bringing water back on.

We are not at ALL surprised by this and knew when they banned passengers from bringing aboad their own water that the first offered price for

Carnival purchased water would increase at a rather rapid rate.

They have a "capive audience".

This is what cruise lines thrive on and profit from as far as the bottom line goes. Agree that at $3.99 it's still WAY better than hauling it on ourselves and will in no way affect cruising their line. Whoopee $2-3 more while on vacation.

The real long term question is how high will it go...We believe they'll push it until it squeaks.

You can't be serious. It's an increase of $1. So if you consider a case 2-12 packs, you are paying $8 instead of $6. It's extremely reasonably priced. Over what you would have purchased to bring onboard or any water you can purchase on any other line. If it's not an acceptable brand, the $1 increase is not making a difference.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I can purchase a case (24) of spring water for $2.99 almost anytime at home and $2.50 or less quite often on sale. Just say'in!

I can purchase a case (24) of spring water for $2.99 almost anytime at home and $2.50 or less quite often on sale. Just say'in!

The key phrase you used was "at home." If there's a store in the middle of the ocean that the ship will stop at and let us buy 24 waters for $2.99 please let us know. Since I feel I will be waiting a while for that answer I will just happily continue to pay this fair price of $3.99 for 12 water bottles that Carnival is offering to its passengers. It's still better than the $22.50 they were charging for 24 waters last year at this time.

Not sure if this has been posted but I was getting ready yo purchase water for my next cruise and found out it has gone up from $2.99 to $3.99 :rolleyes:

2dagdxi.png

Already? So much for them being genuous with their policy change. It's only tap water anyway. From some local municipality.

Yet certainly not surprised. They accomplished what they wanted to due, and is now going to slowly raise the rates back to $5.99.

Nope, it's $3.99 in advance (I checked because I have been planning to order it for my next cruise!) :(

I had been waiting to buy it onboard for our summer cruise since its been $2.99 on board for a while now. Did the case price go up for on board as well?

If paying a dollar more for a 12-pack of water is going to put you in a financial bind, there is a solution. Go to Guest Services and have your auto-gratuities reduced by $1.00. :cool:

Please dont recommend this, enough people remove grats enough as it is. I'm sure they dont need anymore ideas!!

Edited by Savlamara

I was going to buy a case yesterday, but the cheers program still had the old description so I waited. Noticed the price change today when I did purchase it. Still a good deal at 4 bucks for it to be waiting in the room when we board. One 12 pack of water and the cheers program should be all that we need.

$4.00 for a 12 pack of water is still a decent price for not having to lug it on board yourself... On NCL they charge $39.95 for a 12 pack, not that I would ever buy it. I am perfectly happy drinking the water from the dispenser on the lido deck...

We are not at ALL surprised by this and knew when they banned passengers from bringing aboad their own water that the first offered price for

Carnival purchased water would increase at a rather rapid rate.

They have a "capive audience".

This is what cruise lines thrive on and profit from as far as the bottom line goes. Agree that at $3.99 it's still WAY better than hauling it on ourselves and will in no way affect cruising their line. Whoopee $2-3 more while on vacation.

The real long term question is how high will it go...We believe they'll push it until it squeaks.

Exactly! The first thing I said to my DH when we heard that Cheers! was now including all the "extras" and has a higher price limit is that everything is about to go up. Every price increase on water, alcoholic drinks, coffee, makes their Cheers! program more valuable and convincing.

All in all though, it's $2-3 ....depending on how many 12-packs you're getting. Even if I hadn't already ordered them, no big deal.

I wasn't really all that happy about banning us from bringing on our own water, since we prefer Deer Park spring water to filtered water, but at least it was almost reasonably priced (almost).

But now, almost $8 a case for filtered water? Really?

I'm sorry we invited friends who've only sailed on Royal before to come on our next cruise. I'm just not happy with some of the choices Carnival is making lately. And the American Table menus look disgusting.

This just might be our last Carnival cruise.

American Table menus look disgusting? Perhaps you are better suited for Cunard where you can dine like a queen among the wealthy (Oh I forgot, Carnival owns Cunard).

No way their cost is .33 a bottle. I buy it for .15. With the volume they buy I am sure they are less than I pay. Don't get me wrong...I don't care that it went up, just won't believe they are selling for cost.

You are absolutely correct, they are not selling it at cost. An even more insulting and annoying thing is that the water is not even spring water. I avoid so called "purified" water at all cost. I like Figi or Deer Park.