Carnival 12 pack of water- $3.99

PC Cruisin

The key phrase you used was "at home." If there's a store in the middle of the ocean that the ship will stop at and let us buy 24 waters for $2.99 please let us know. Since I feel I will be waiting a while for that answer I will just happily continue to pay this fair price of $3.99 for 12 water bottles that Carnival is offering to its passengers. It's still better than the $22.50 they were charging for 24 waters last year at this time.

No reason to wait. I was just pointing out the more than double difference. But on a cruise EVERYTHING is overpriced. I will willing pay the $3.00 for the added convenience (and I have no choice except for not buying).

Even if there WAS a store in the middle of the ocean they wouldn't let us buy it there either. The ship buys their water on land in huge quantities at reduced prices because of that. It seems strange to me that people defend what the cruise lines do to passengers just because they find out it's popular and keeps raising prices and not just on water. It happens on ALL cruise lines but doesn't mean we LIKE it.

Your sarcasm wasn't really rude but unnecessary. Enjoy your water! (Sarcasm)

Ok, call me crazy, but I am super excited to see that water on Carnival is only $3.99 for our next cruise! Just got off NCL Getaway, a 12 pack of water was $39.95!

LOL! You're CRAZY! (Im' sorry but you told me to do that) AND I find that very hard to believe unless unless it was a 12 pack of gallon containers.:confuse

Deep apology here!!! I looked it up and you are so right!!! UNBELIEVABLE! Sorry for doubting you!

Edited by fourkittys
apology neeaded

American Table menus look disgusting? Perhaps you are better suited for Cunard where you can dine like a queen among the wealthy (Oh I forgot, Carnival owns Cunard).

Now THAT was uncalled for! Do you always respond like that when people have a different opinion or maybe:eek: just got up on the wrong side of the bed?

American Table menus look disgusting.

This just might be our last Carnival cruise.

I don't know why but this comment just ticks me off. I have spent the last 15 minutes looking at the American table menu's and nowhere did I find anything that sounded remotely DISGUSTING. I am dying to know what it is that you find DISGUSTING. Could it be the Herb Roasted Chicken or the Shrimp Cocktail? Sorry, it must be the Spareribs or the Minestrone soup. Those wild and crazy chefs. They need to serve hamburgers and fries every meal. If you are going to complain, fine, complain about something legitimate but without even trying the menu, come on.

If you had said " When I was on the Carnival "Insert ship name here" and wasn't impressed with the new menu. The quality of the food just doesn't seem to be the same as it was years ago" fine. That is an honest complaint but honestly you sound like my 6 year old saying something is yucky.

American Table menus look disgusting.

This just might be our last Carnival cruise.

I don't know why but this comment just ticks me off. I have spent the last 15 minutes looking at the American table menu's and nowhere did I find anything that sounded remotely DISGUSTING. I am dying to know what it is that you find DISGUSTING. Could it be the Herb Roasted Chicken or the Shrimp Cocktail? Sorry, it must be the Spareribs or the Minestrone soup. Those wild and crazy chefs. They need to serve hamburgers and fries every meal. If you are going to complain, fine, complain about something legitimate but without even trying the menu, come on.

If you had said " When I was on the Carnival "Insert ship name here" and wasn't impressed with the new menu. The quality of the food just doesn't seem to be the same as it was years ago" fine. That is an honest complaint but honestly you sound like my 6 year old saying something is yucky.

bahaha my thoughts exactly! they don't look disgusting to me and i'm looking forward to a change since its been the same menus for years now. i guess some people are just close minded! even if the food isn't good i know i won't starve on the ship! too many other great options... guys burgers, blue iguana cantina... yum!

Exactly! The first thing I said to my DH when we heard that Cheers! was now including all the "extras" and has a higher price limit is that everything is about to go up. Every price increase on water, alcoholic drinks, coffee, makes their Cheers! program more valuable and convincing.

All in all though, it's $2-3 ....depending on how many 12-packs you're getting. Even if I hadn't already ordered them, no big deal.

I wonder how many people who order cheers do not get their money's worth? At least by adding the extra's more will have the opportunity to break even. I would think the profit would be less for Carnival if more people bought Cheers.

I believe it is $2.99 if you order ahead and $3.99 if you order it on board. T

That was the original plan when Carnival first banned water in anything other than cans.

At that time ..... It was to be $2.99/12 pre-cruise and $3.99/12 once aboard. People started ordering it before boarding to avoid the dollar extra and 15% gratuity for its delivery by room service.

:)

Is bottled water a guarantee with your ticket purchase...or is it an "extra" expense since water is readily available on board?

If it is like fru-fru coffee, alcoholic drinks, and soda isn't it a nice extra that is available "for a price" from Carnival. If the price has gone up isn't that more about supply (and the cost of the item and the loading and the delivery) and demand.

Just curious.

That was the original plan when Carnival first banned water in anything other than cans.

At that time ..... It was to be $2.99/12 pre-cruise and $3.99/12 once aboard. People started ordering it before boarding to avoid the dollar extra and 15% gratuity for its delivery by room service.

:)

Another case of Carnival's Brand Ambassador over-promising and under-delivering. :-( Bad PR on Carnival's part.

My sister booked our cruise on Miracle this month. Sounds like everyone on here orders their water ahead of time. Is that something that must be done ahead? Is the price different if we wait till we board? Can I order it for our room from the website even though I am not the one who booked the cruise?

I also have a question about room upgrades. Do they give free upgrades if they have them available and we ask? If so, who do I ask? Is that something we wait to do once on the ship?

One more question for those of you who have cruised Carnival Miracle, I have only cruised twice before, one in the late 80's and my last one was celebrity in 2000. On Celebrity they had an afternoon tea with all the typical English tea house favorites. Does anyone know if Carnival does something similar?

Holy crap!

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

From the NCL page:

Item # Description Price Savings

WBP6 6-pack (1-liter bottles) $22.95 30%

WBP12 12-pack (1-liter bottles) $39.95 39%

WBP18 18-pack (1-liter bottles) $49.95 50%

WBP24 24-pack (1-liter bottles) $59.95 55%

That is insane!!

I can't fault carnival at all for the $3.99 water. Well worth it not to carry it on! Why on earth would I expect them to sell me anything at cost?

Is that something that must be done ahead? NO

Is the price different if we wait till we board?

as of now, I don't think so

Can I order it for our room from the website even though I am not the one who booked the cruise?

I also have a question about room upgrades. Do they give free upgrades if they have them available and we ask?

Free upgrades are extraordinarily rare. I don't think I ever remember someone saying they got a FREE upgrade by calling. 'Sometimes' they will discount an upgrade but that is a bit rare too

One more question for those of you who have cruised Carnival Miracle, I have only cruised twice before, one in the late 80's and my last one was celebrity in 2000. On Celebrity they had an afternoon tea with all the typical English tea house favorites. Does anyone know if Carnival does something similar?

I am not sure about the Miracle but most ships have afternoon tea. they will just have the regular tea for free. they will have other teas for sale. (might be a good thing to bring your own if you have favorites

Edited by hftmrock

Ok, call me crazy, but I am super excited to see that water on Carnival is only $3.99 for our next cruise! Just got off NCL Getaway, a 12 pack of water was $39.95!

This is what happens when you have prohibition and a monopoly. No don't know why people put up with it, or laws don't protect the passenger from it.

Is bottled water a guarantee with your ticket purchase...or is it an "extra" expense since water is readily available on board?

If it is like fru-fru coffee, alcoholic drinks, and soda isn't it a nice extra that is available "for a price" from Carnival. If the price has gone up isn't that more about supply (and the cost of the item and the loading and the delivery) and demand.

Just curious.

No, it counters the promise and trade off that we were told. Again, this all has nothing to do with water. It's their insane way to counter smuggling.

Water is available for free on the ships. Everyone seems to wonder why you would buy water. I am not sure if others have had this problem, but for some reason I have swelling in my hands and legs/feet about mid cruise. I used to think it was from all the food I was eating but now I believe the water causes my swelling so I prefer to have bottled water since I tend to drink a lot of water.

Water is available for free on the ships. Everyone seems to wonder why you would buy water. I am not sure if others have had this problem, but for some reason I have swelling in my hands and legs/feet about mid cruise. I used to think it was from all the food I was eating but now I believe the water causes my swelling so I prefer to have bottled water since I tend to drink a lot of water.

DH always needs to have something to drink in the middle of the night. Having a bottled water right there in the room keeps him from having to sneak out in his tidy whiteys to get one for free on the Lido :p;)

Actually, from what I have read, there are all sorts of things that can cause swelling of the hands and feet...get on an airplane and see what happens after you have been sitting for 16 hours. Besides, if you drink coffee, tea, lemonade, alcohol w/ water, use ice on a ship, eat the food prepared with water you are getting "ship's water". If you sail into humid areas and come from a dry climate you are apt to develop swelling (couldn't wear shoes in Hawaii for my entire vacation, thank god for flip flops).

Besides ships' water is in-line with the acceptable standard for sodium content. Many municipalities have more sodium in their water systems.

No negativity intended but I lived for years and years before anyone thought to "bottle water" and I survived nicely. Sure wish I was the one who figured out that people were inclined to pay for something, often with lots of dollars, that is virtually free. Could have been a gazillionaire.

I'm sorry we invited friends who've only sailed on Royal before to come on our next cruise.

You mean the cruise line that charges 69.00 for a case of water? :cool: :eek: And that also has a rule that says "Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port" ;)

While its mostly an unenforced rule on water and soda, its a rule nonetheless. 3.99 seems like a pretty good deal to me

Edited by ryano