Carnival 12 pack of water- $3.99

PC Cruisin

Ok, call me crazy, but I am super excited to see that water on Carnival is only $3.99 for our next cruise! Just got off NCL Getaway, a 12 pack of water was $39.95!

This!!!

Someone upthread commented that this $1 increase on water was going to cause them to sail RCCL. They don't allow you to bring water onboard and charge $69 for a 24 pack of water.

This!!!

Someone upthread commented that this $1 increase on water was going to cause them to sail RCCL. They don't allow you to bring water onboard and charge $69 for a 24 pack of water.

The best non alcoholic package I've purchased was on Celebrity. I got a large bottle of Pellegrino with dinner each night, Evian, soda, unlimited smoothies, and red bulls at any bar or beverage station.

Would love to see other lines offer such a comprehensive alcohol free menu.

The best non alcoholic package I've purchased was on Celebrity. I got a large bottle of Pellegrino with dinner each night, Evian, soda, unlimited smoothies, and red bulls at any bar or beverage station.

Would love to see other lines offer such a comprehensive alcohol free menu.

Sounds real similar to RC's Royal Replenish package. its 22.42 per day.

I wasn't really all that happy about banning us from bringing on our own water, since we prefer Deer Park spring water to filtered water, but at least it was almost reasonably priced (almost).

But now, almost $8 a case for filtered water? Really?

I'm sorry we invited friends who've only sailed on Royal before to come on our next cruise. I'm just not happy with some of the choices Carnival is making lately. And the American Table menus look disgusting.

This just might be our last Carnival cruise.

Wow...

Have you even tried the American Table menu selections? I have, and they are delicious! More choices, different choices, and I hope it is here to stay.

Disgusting? That is your opinion...again all I can say regarding your post is Wow....

Anyone seen dear John's page lately? I thought it was funny they seem to have his number on this one. And his pathetic reply may finally open some people's eyes to him.

He tried to say a $1 increase is not bad. His readers have pointed out that is a 33% increase.

He tried to say the water available in his hotel room was more expensive. It was pointed out to him in his hotel room he could bring all the water, soda, beer, wine, liquor he wanted.

It was pointed out to him the two ninety nine water was a pacification of not being able to bring your own water and now that some time has passed, the price is now going up. That one he chose to ignore.

His reply to these people. He will let the beards know, but he never understood why people wanted to bring their own water in the first place.

It is none of his business what anyone want to bring. I think he is just trying to twist things to get your mind off the increase.

Frankly, I have never been able to figure out what carnival was thinking appointing someone such as him to his position and then giving the potty mouth full rein.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, he knows they have his number. He is still going on about it ignoring all the perfectly reasonable thought his people have.

It is not his business that people want to drink bottled water.

I am picky about the water I drink. Ships water only taste fine to someone that had no taste buds. Luckily, I am in a position to buy the water that taste good to me. If I had remained poor, I would have to drink what was available. Oh course, I also would not be cruising either. See how those things work?

Oh yeah, he knows they have his number. He is still going on about it ignoring all the perfectly reasonable thought his people have.

It is not his business that people want to drink bottled water.

I am picky about the water I drink. Ships water only taste fine to someone that had no taste buds. Luckily, I am in a position to buy the water that taste good to me. If I had remained poor, I would have to drink what was available. Oh course, I also would not be cruising either. See how those things work?

The ship's water only tastes fine to someone that has no taste buds? Seriously? Wow.

Taste of water (and food, and coffee, etc.) is a matter of preference, not the fact that someone doesn't have taste buds. Good grief.

Personally, if we're thirsty and in our stateroom we'll open one of the bottles of water in the frig. Yes, some water tastes better than others, but again it's a matter of personal taste. What is good to one person may not be to another. And I agree with a previous poster, we grew up drinking tap water. It was unheard of to purchase water. It wasn't even sold when we were growing up. :) We buy bottled water (prefer spring, not purified) occasionally, like on vacation or when we go camping, but at home we drink it straight from the tap. We live in the country, and have our own well though.

We don't drink a lot of plain water on the cruise ships, we bring our own mugs from home and usually fill them with iced tea, or lemonade, or a combination of the two. Or I'll have a club soda, coffee, etc. and maybe 1-2 alcoholic drinks during the day/evening.

But, if we were to buy a 12-pack of water on the Carnival ship I don't think $3.99 is a bad price at all.

The ship's water only tastes fine to someone that has no taste buds? Seriously? Wow.

Taste of water (and food, and coffee, etc.) is a matter of preference, not the fact that someone doesn't have taste buds. Good grief.

Personally, if we're thirsty and in our stateroom we'll open one of the bottles of water in the frig. Yes, some water tastes better than others, but again it's a matter of personal taste. What is good to one person may not be to another. And I agree with a previous poster, we grew up drinking tap water. It was unheard of to purchase water. It wasn't even sold when we were growing up. :) We buy bottled water (prefer spring, not purified) occasionally, like on vacation or when we go camping, but at home we drink it straight from the tap. We live in the country, and have our own well though.

We don't drink a lot of plain water on the cruise ships, we bring our own mugs from home and usually fill them with iced tea, or lemonade, or a combination of the two. Or I'll have a club soda, coffee, etc. and maybe 1-2 alcoholic drinks during the day/evening.

But, if we were to buy a 12-pack of water on the Carnival ship I don't think $3.99 is a bad price at all.

So you are also drinking the Kool aid?

I grew up on well water. I knew it never tasted good, but I had two choices, milk straight out of the cow, and it was good and think when child but not so much just out of the cow, or sulphur trading well water.

I am not complaining though, because it is what got me off my butt to get an education so I didn't have to drink water that tasted like that anymore.

Well that and the horrible bugs in the corn crop.

Anyone seen dear John's page lately? I thought it was funny they seem to have his number on this one. And his pathetic reply may finally open some people's eyes to him.

He tried to say a $1 increase is not bad. His readers have pointed out that is a 33% increase.

He tried to say the water available in his hotel room was more expensive. It was pointed out to him in his hotel room he could bring all the water, soda, beer, wine, liquor he wanted.

It was pointed out to him the two ninety nine water was a pacification of not being able to bring your own water and now that some time has passed, the price is now going up. That one he chose to ignore.

His reply to these people. He will let the beards know, but he never understood why people wanted to bring their own water in the first place.

It is none of his business what anyone want to bring. I think he is just trying to twist things to get your mind off the increase.

Frankly, I have never been able to figure out what carnival was thinking appointing someone such as him to his position and then giving the potty mouth full rein.

Well thankfully for Carnival, over 120k followers including myself thinks John is perfect for the job. I think his points were spot on. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I think it's a lot more pathetic that people have any issues with a $1 increase in water.

Edited by Podna's

Well thankfully for Carnival' date=' over 120k followers including myself thinks John is perfect for the job. I think his points were spot on. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I think it's a lot more pathetic that people have any issues with a $1 increase in water.[/quote']

I'm one of the followers and I think he's far from perfect. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I'm sorry we invited friends who've only sailed on Royal before to come on our next cruise. I'm just not happy with some of the choices Carnival is making lately. And the American Table menus look disgusting.

This just might be our last Carnival cruise.

Have you had the food in the MDR of Royal Caribbean? You may be sorry your friends are coming, but trust this - they won't be. The #1 reason we have not returned to RC was the horrid food.

As for the American table and feast menus, why don't you give them a chance before judgment? They are better than anything in a Royal Caribbean MDR,. I know I have had both.

^^^^YYEEEEESSSSS!

I haven't been yet but it's been my experience that a lot of people that post on his stuff are rabid fanboys who defend him at any turn.

Nice to see that he is taking some heat for this and maybe if the response is bad enough then maybe the price will stay for longer than a year before they raise it again.

A $1 increase is not much. A 12 pack for $3.99 is not much. But here is the problem. That $1 increase equals a 33% mark up in price. This water JUST started selling for $2.99 less than a year ago. You can't justify a 33% increase within one year. This is happening because they are increasing their Cheers coverage and a lot of people wont be buying water separately any more. Carnival is providing less and less for your $. It is still a cheap cruise but at what point would I rather pay more to get a lot more? The value may be better on other lines even if those other lines cost more. $1.00 is not always just $1.00

I wonder how many people who order cheers do not get their money's worth? At least by adding the extra's more will have the opportunity to break even. I would think the profit would be less for Carnival if more people bought Cheers.

I know we really didn't ... if we had been able to get the bottled water and coffees we would have felt we had a great deal.

I guess we will have to book another cruise asap to test it out. :)

We had a $2.99 12 pack of water in our cabin, and drank probably 3 of them. So ours were a whopping $1.00/bottle! Freaking Carnival Ba$tard$!! Lol

This appears to be blowing up in their faces. While he was trying to poo poo off "what's a $1", hoping the loyals would respond with wild applause, they are doing the opposite. This was supposed to be the olive branch with the policy change, and now they raised the product 33% (I didn't do the math, just taking a number someone threw out). Try raising the price of ANY product or service by that percentage and try and see who would be happy with that.

And ultimately, still just a smoked mirror in their efforts to control smuggling. I guess they still haven't caught on that if you know how, you can actually reseal a can of pop.

This appears to be blowing up in their faces. While he was trying to poo poo off "what's a $1", hoping the loyals would respond with wild applause, they are doing the opposite. This was supposed to be the olive branch with the policy change, and now they raised the product 33% (I didn't do the math, just taking a number someone threw out). Try raising the price of ANY product or service by that percentage and try and see who would be happy with that.

And ultimately, still just a smoked mirror in their efforts to control smuggling. I guess they still haven't caught on that if you know how, you can actually reseal a can of pop.

Nothing is blowing up in anyone's face. Really except for a handful, no one gives a cr_p about a $1 increase in water. The same handful that's pushing the 33% nonsense in a desperate attempt to make the one buck increase seam unheard of.

Nothing is blowing up in anyone's face. Really except for a handful' date=' no one gives a cr_p about a $1 increase in water. The same handful that's pushing the 33% nonsense in a desperate attempt to make the one buck increase seam unheard of.[/quote']

You obviously have not visited the heavily traffic cruising networks around the net. Two huge bombs going off; the water increase, and the Carnival TA firing.

You obviously have not visited the heavily traffic cruising networks around the net. Two huge bombs going off; the water increase, and the Carnival TA firing.

Huge bombs??? Lol ok. Keep dreaming my friend. Can't comment on other networks but you do realize less than 1% of the cruising population has even heard of CC.? I promise you this water thing will not even amount to a speed bump for Carnival.

They know every trick in the book for smuggling booze.....water bottles were just the easiest lol.....How bout the resealable wine labels they sell? People have been putting booze into wine bottles for years and walking right on with it.....Carnival knows about this but it's not as rampant as the water bottle trick plus they'd have to many actual wine drinkers ready to hang them if they stopped wine 🙈😂😂

I guess they still haven't caught on that if you know how, you can actually reseal a can of pop.

I'm 100% sure they have but I am also sure this is not a prevalent as putting vodka in water bottles.

and if it becomes prevalent, watch them ban all drinks on the ship. The smugglers will continue to hurt the people who abide by the rules. Its sad

Huge bombs??? Lol ok. Keep dreaming my friend. Can't comment on other networks but you do realize less than 1% of the cruising population has even heard of CC.? .

I'm sure it's less than that.

But I'm not talking about Cruise Critic. I'm talking about the active cruise sites.

I'm sure it's less than that.

But I'm not talking about Cruise Critic. I'm talking about the active cruise sites.

Carnival, alone, sails between 3 and 4 million passengers a year, accounting for about 20% of the cruising market. So that means cruising accounts for about 17 million passengers a year (and I expect that number is actually pretty low). No one can convince me that even 1% if those actually post on cruising websites...but let me know if you have actual numbers, I'd be interested.