Bar soap or body wash?

vacationhappy

We get both in sky suites but I don't use any product that any hotel or cruise ship offers. We bring a full size bar (or two) of soap and our own body wash and shampoo, conditioner. My skin and hair does better with familiar stuff.

I know you'll get one or the other for sure.

There have been times when we didn't want to bring it on the plane so we made a little drugstore or grocery stop on our way to the ship or the day before in the port city.

Hi - It has been a while since we have cruised Celebrity - do they offer bar soap or body wash in the cabin showers?

In Concierge, Aqua, and Suites they have both. Bar soap and bottles of body wash.

Truth to tell, I bring my own body wash, liquid hand soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Hubby, on the other hand actually likes the ship's hand soap and shower soap.

One thing I have noticed recently. When we first started cruising about twelve years ago, we'd be given new bars of soap nearly daily. Last year we noticed that new soap was not in our bathroom until the previous bar was close to a sliver. It must be a new policy.

Is the quality any better than what is supplied in hotels? I've yet to use anything for longer then a day or so and found it good. Seems it's all made in bulk with no quality. Always seems a waste to supply this stuff and no one uses it because it's crap...

Is the quality any better than what is supplied in hotels? I've yet to use anything for longer then a day or so and found it good. Seems it's all made in bulk with no quality. Always seems a waste to supply this stuff and no one uses it because it's crap...

I can't speak for Celebrity because I have only just booked my first cruise with them. However, Cunard provides very good toiletries, a recognised brand, one I have bought as a gift for a very fussy friend. I would therefore expect Celebrity to have the same quality or better.

Is the body wash replaced when you use it up or is it just a one time bottle? We're on a 15 day Celebrity Cruise and wondering if I should bring mine. Thanks.

Janet

I remember when we were getting low on body wash so I left the steward a note for more. He left about 5 or 6 tubes :)

Edited by Banjo

We had both in our Concierge cabin on the Constellation.

I know you didn't ask about the shampoo...but...I found the body was good but the shampoo, not so much. I usually couldn't possibly care less about such things (I normally buy whatever is on sale!) and DW only uses "her" products that she brings along. I found the shampoo provided resulted in very poor lather and then was hard to rinse off. Initially I though it was the water on the ship, but when I used DW's stuff it was the same as at home (yes, I will 'steal' her stuff when I run out!)

I was on Reflection in February in a 2C balcony and we were supplied with bar soap (two bars - one for shower and one for sink), along with body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. We were not supplied with body wash. We didn't use the hair products, but the lotion and soap were fine for us. The scent was lemongrass.

Edited by irishgal1970