Help! Just booked Independance and I leave in 24 hours!

What time should I put for arrival and departure?

We will be driving in from orlando and want to know best time to arrive?

I would plan to arrive at the terminal around 10:45am.

I just found out I have some vacation time for this weekend, so last night we booked a 4 day on Independence of the Seas that leaves tomorrow!

Let's not even talk about the packing stress I'm feeling right now:eek:

What do I need to know? This will be the largest ship that we have ever been on and only my second RCI cruise. It will also be our first time cruising out of Port Everglades.

Any information that you have would be helpful. The worst part is, I have to work until 8 PM tonight and, since Port Everglades is a 3 1/2 hour drive, we have to leave by 7 AM tomorrow morning!

My advise is don't over think it. You've been on a cruise before. Throw five days worth of clothing into a suit case and get some sleep. Tomorrow, when you are ready to leave, make sure you take your suit case, your driver's license, a couple of credit cards, your boarding pass and your passport and go. Anything you forgot you can buy (except your driver's license and passport). When you board the ship, check it out. That is what the first day is all about. Then find a nice place to relax, get a drink of the day and enjoy your cruise.

What? I have read in numerous places that since 9/11 you cannot book a cruise after the 72 hour period because they need to send the manifest to Homeland Security prior to sailing.

I guess that's a big fat lie.

Lucky you. Have a great time. You will be fine. Just remember ID and credit cards. That's all you really need. :D

Yes, that information is VERY incorrect, and has become rumor that often gets repeated here. I believe the cut-off is 30 minutes before boarding deadline, and this is done by computer, not human beings looking at thousands of names. :)

Thanks for the pep talk! I know everything is going to be great!

I had also read about the 72 hours, but we called RCI after we booked and they said you can do online booking up to 24 hours and you can still even book at the port day of!

The price for this ship was too good to pass up! With 2 sea days (my favorite) and a stop in Cozumel for almost 10 hours, we just had to book!

I'm really looking forward to the ice show and the variety of food!

Now, I just have to tell my teenage kids that I'm leaving without them!

I think it is best with teens not to give them advance warning, less time for planning their own fun! :D So happy that you're able to get away w/just adults! I am almost there....now I just need to win the lotto to be able to finance more trips! :p

Just got off the Indy on Saturday. Ditto the advice about the ice show. It's very good. If you like Dancing with the Stars, do go to Invitation to Dance. There is a special guest ballroom dance couple from South Africa that was super fun to watch.

Throw some clothes in and go!

Glad to hear you had a great cruise!

How was the entertainment? Any good comedians? How was the new CD and ACD who just took over?

How was the live music? Was there any outdoor solarium club (20s by Absolute?) Also, was there a spring break type crowd onboard?

We're back! It was a good cruise with just a few bumps - including a flat tire on the way to the port!

Thanks for all the great advice!

The ship had a flat tire? :confused:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2