Help! Just booked Independance and I leave in 24 hours!

I just found out I have some vacation time for this weekend, so last night we booked a 4 day on Independence of the Seas that leaves tomorrow!

Let's not even talk about the packing stress I'm feeling right now:eek:

What do I need to know? This will be the largest ship that we have ever been on and only my second RCI cruise. It will also be our first time cruising out of Port Everglades.

Any information that you have would be helpful. The worst part is, I have to work until 8 PM tonight and, since Port Everglades is a 3 1/2 hour drive, we have to leave by 7 AM tomorrow morning!

I just found out I have some vacation time for this weekend, so last night we booked a 4 day on Independence of the Seas that leaves tomorrow!

Let's not even talk about the packing stress I'm feeling right now:eek:

What do I need to know? This will be the largest ship that we have ever been on and only my second RCI cruise. It will also be our first time cruising out of Port Everglades.

Any information that you have would be helpful. The worst part is, I have to work until 8 PM tonight and, since Port Everglades is a 3 1/2 hour drive, we have to leave by 7 AM tomorrow morning!

Congratulations. Is it fun living in Florida and being able to get to a cruise quickly. Ft. Lauderdale is an easy port.

Since you said you will be driving, may I suggest you park at ParkNGO. It is right outside the port, they park your car, take you to the port, unload your luggage, and pick you up. When you return they actually drive you to your car, help you load the luggage and off you go. We normally prepay. And when we leave they give you a small bottle of water for each person in the vehicle.

Also make sure you go to the ice show and have the kids check out the flow rider. Make sure you have your camera.

And most importantly - sit back and relax. You will have a great time.

What? I have read in numerous places that since 9/11 you cannot book a cruise after the 72 hour period because they need to send the manifest to Homeland Security prior to sailing.

I guess that's a big fat lie.

Lucky you. Have a great time. You will be fine. Just remember ID and credit cards. That's all you really need. :D

Our sea bags are always packed and ready to go, I could stick in our clothes in about 30 minutes or less.....can I go???:D

We did this on Navigator when we saw the 5 day just after her dry dock, booked on Monday and left Tuesday....price was exceptional, trying to fill the ship last minute...we took my Nlaws, it was a whirlwind. We booked Interior Guarantee for practically nothing, I think it was $269 a person and I called just when we slid into Galveston and they told me we had one of the new Virtual Balcony rooms. A fun trip...have a great cruise!

AND THIS IS NO LIE!

Edited by BecciBoo

What? I have read in numerous places that since 9/11 you cannot book a cruise after the 72 hour period because they need to send the manifest to Homeland Security prior to sailing.

Lucky you. Have a great time. You will be fine. Just remember ID and credit cards. That's all you really need. :D

All nonsense. Some people don't even fill out their online ck in ahead of time.

The cut off is around 24 hours

Thanks for the pep talk! I know everything is going to be great!

I had also read about the 72 hours, but we called RCI after we booked and they said you can do online booking up to 24 hours and you can still even book at the port day of!

The price for this ship was too good to pass up! With 2 sea days (my favorite) and a stop in Cozumel for almost 10 hours, we just had to book!

I'm really looking forward to the ice show and the variety of food!

Now, I just have to tell my teenage kids that I'm leaving without them!

The cut off is around 24 hours

This is also not true, it was way less for us. I saw our deal on Monday evening, we quick called my Nlaws, and then called RCCL, guess it was around 5:00 and booked, we left home the next morning at 6 AM...whoosh.

Edited by BecciBoo

Hi,

We do these often.

Most important, leave these three things

in a pocket.

Passport

Set Sail Pass

Credit Card

Even if you don't pack anything...

those are a must.

Lastly, excited as you will be, drive very carefully

because a fender bender will take hours and hours

of paperwork and red tape.

Since you live in Fl you know that everyone drives according

to the rules....the rules of their home country.

See you onboard.

:D

Edited by Rocket3D

Have a great time, I could go on quick notice if we didn't have to fly, but DH wouldn't.:D I was under the impression Online check In would only be available up to 3 days before sailing then they close.

It does, but that doesn't mean you can't book closer than 3 days

Have a great time, I could go on quick notice if we didn't have to fly, but DH wouldn't.:D I was under the impression Online check In would only be available up to 3 days before sailing then they close.

This is true. You must check-in at the port 90 before the departure time.

Government regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure.

Tickets

Passport

Credit card

Medicines/tablets

Swimsuit

Sunglasses

Underwear

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Hairbrush

Tshirts

Shorts