Allure reviews

I just read the latest reviews of the ALLURE.It seems the writers of the reviews have missed the point of cruising.They say that the staff was friendly,the activities were fun and plentiful,the food was good ,the ports were interesting and overall the cruise was great.

Don't they know reviews are supposed to be a litany of complaints ,no matter how trivial. :rolleyes:

I know some people's cups are always half empty no matter how great a time they had. We'll be on the allure next month. This will be our first RCL cruise, only 2nd ever cruise. So I'm sure my post cruise review will be glowing. My cup overflowing. Lol X

I know some people's cups are always half empty no matter how great a time they had. We'll be on the allure next month. This will be our first RCL cruise, only 2nd ever cruise. So I'm sure my post cruise review will be glowing. My cup overflowing. Lol X

Bon Voyage.

Just got off her last week and I can attest - the crew was GREAT!!! Some of the friendliest crew I have ever encountered on the high seas!!

ANOTHER disappointed Allure cruiser-- wait it seems NOT--oh another of those darned optimists again--they are as rare as unicorns on CC

So excited to hear this! Allure will be my first RC cruise in April.

Cruising on the Allure for your first is an interesting choice. She is an amazing vessel with a great crew. But you will wonder where all the people are... we found it amazing that there are over 6k people on board... but you never felt it to be crowded...

You will need to work hard just to check everything out thoroughly in a week. Much to do and see. Enjoy!!!

I just read the latest reviews of the ALLURE.It seems the writers of the reviews have missed the point of cruising.They say that the staff was friendly,the activities were fun and plentiful,the food was good ,the ports were interesting and overall the cruise was great.

Don't they know reviews are supposed to be a litany of complaints ,no matter how trivial. :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you but we were just off the Allure on Feb 28th, and I would have to agree that the staff were friendly, service was great, activities were fun, food was good, and overall the cruise was great.:)

Yes I'm sorry to disappoint, but I too had an amazing time on the Allure a couple years ago. I made the mistake of taking DH on it for his first cruise, so he may be sad that future cruises, unless they are on even newer ships, are not the same. He loved the flow rider (I loved the fact that there are two, typically one devoted to boogie boarding and one to stand up surfing), and we both actually loved the size and many different areas of the ship. It has the official promenade like most RCI ships, but it also has the carnival-like boardwalk area and the quiet and quaint Central Park. The shows were fantastic as well.

As far as cruise complaints in general, if I see a lot of recent low ratings on a particular ship, then I probably won't go on it, but typically ships get ok to great reviews with the few complainers out there. I feel like some people can have a terrible time anywhere, some can have a great time anywhere, and then there is everything in between. I have seen reviews that make me say "yeah, if my cruise went that way, I'd probably have a bad time, too." Things that I think have the potential to ruin my vacation: lost luggage, illness (particularly if it occurs on board, like Noro virus), and of course any series of unfortunate events. Sometimes many small things just add up and make for an overall negative experience.

We are doing a B2B in 10 days on Allure. The best part of it will be coming to CC daily to gripe about any little issue, especially things RC can't control.;). I don't know how we will ever survive two weeks.

Edit: pure sarcasm.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We are doing a B2B in 10 days on Allure. The best part of it will be coming to CC daily to gripe about any little issue, especially things RC can't control.;). I don't know how we will ever survive two weeks.

I do hope you will do the Canadian thing and say sorry for any complaints you may have!:D

Yes I'm sorry to disappoint, but I too had an amazing time on the Allure a couple years ago. I made the mistake of taking DH on it for his first cruise, so he may be sad that future cruises, unless they are on even newer ships, are not the same. He loved the flow rider (I loved the fact that there are two, typically one devoted to boogie boarding and one to stand up surfing), and we both actually loved the size and many different areas of the ship. It has the official promenade like most RCI ships, but it also has the carnival-like boardwalk area and the quiet and quaint Central Park. The shows were fantastic as well.

As far as cruise complaints in general, if I see a lot of recent low ratings on a particular ship, then I probably won't go on it, but typically ships get ok to great reviews with the few complainers out there. I feel like some people can have a terrible time anywhere, some can have a great time anywhere, and then there is everything in between. I have seen reviews that make me say "yeah, if my cruise went that way, I'd probably have a bad time, too." Things that I think have the potential to ruin my vacation: lost luggage, illness (particularly if it occurs on board, like Noro virus), and of course any series of unfortunate events. Sometimes many small things just add up and make for an overall negative experience.

I agree, going on a big new ship as a first cruise is a kind of mistake. My first cruise was the Allure three years ago, and I can't accept anything lower than that now.

I'll see you on the ship! I will be boarding on the 20th of March, Can hardly contain myself untill then!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I agree, going on a big new ship as a first cruise is a kind of mistake. My first cruise was the Allure three years ago, and I can't accept anything lower than that now.

Well unfortunately he will have to because we are planning an Alaskan cruise for next year, and all the ships there are significantly smaller.