Just book Grandeur questions

Well the DW booked a 9 night to Charleston, PC, Miami, Nassau, and Coco Cay. She booked a panoramic OV. I noticed on our my cruises, can't enter our C&A numbers, or can't see our balance or doesn't say make payment. How long does it take?

JW how's the entertainment, daily activities, as there's 3 sea days, what's the pool area like, solarium? I think it's got the Coca Cola freestyle machine, is that true. Anyone stay in the Panoramic OV and your thoughts on 8539 for noise, space, storage.

I didn't choose this one I would've gone for Anthem or Oasis class but any cruise is better than none.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there!

See in-line below for my responses.

Well the DW booked a 9 night to Charleston, PC, Miami, Nassau, and Coco Cay. She booked a panoramic OV. I noticed on our my cruises, can't enter our C&A numbers, or can't see our balance or doesn't say make payment. How long does it take?

If you have not cruised with RCL before, don't worry too much about C&A yet. At one point, you could not even join until after your first cruise. Starting a few weeks after the cruise, you can add past cruises to your C&A account.

Regarding making payments, if you've booked it directly with Royal... they told me it can take 24-48 hours for online access to be totally updated.

JW how's the entertainment, daily activities, as there's 3 sea days, what's the pool area like, solarium? I think it's got the Coca Cola freestyle machine, is that true. Anyone stay in the Panoramic OV and your thoughts on 8539 for noise, space, storage.

We had a blast on our 7 day cruise down to the Caribbean. We ended up with 3 sea days as well and had no problems at all. The pool, solarium, windjammer, etc are all on deck 9. It will become your home away from home. We absolutely loved it! You can walk from the pool over to the Windjammer or over into the Solarium and Park Cafe.

There is a big outdoor TV above the pool and lots of activities. The CD and AD were EVERYWHERE when I was aboard last May. Truly was amazing to see how much energy they had.

Yes, there are free style machines aboard. 2 are in the Windjammer and one on Deck 6 next to the coffee shop.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the room since we were down on deck 4.

I didn't choose this one I would've gone for Anthem or Oasis class but any cruise is better than none.

Our cruise on Grandeur was our first... the idea being we wanted to see what it was like cruising and if we would have fun on a smaller ship before trying something bigger. It was a FANTASTIC time for all 4 of us that went. In fact, we booked two more cruises aboard that we're gearing up for now... one on the Allure (Oasis class) in May and the Anthem in October. You'll have a blast aboard the Grandeur. She truly is a grand ol' lady.

Grandeur has a Coke Freestyle machine.

Call Royal to have your C&A numbers added to the booking.

Windjammer

DSC07521_zps4d61b7f7.jpg

Deck 6 Centrum

GrandeurfreestyleCokemachineBenampJerrysLattetudes_zpsdc0082e6.jpg

Friends of ours stayed in 8539 ov room it was nice but small for my liking because we always stay in a junior suite but the ship is awesome we were in April 2015 for 10 days noise was ok but you hear chairs dragging across floor upstairs

Edited by nap721

We haven't cruised before, but you could still get a C&A number now, you just sign up. Seems like such unusual ports for a cruise to go to, but eh if it makes her happy. How is embarkation/debarkation out of Baltimore

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We cruise out of Baltimore on the Grandeur at least two times a year and just love that ship. The port is so easy to get to and check in is very quick and easy. The port is right off I95. The crew is so friendly and helpful. The solarium is a good place to spend you sea days. Just remember if you are sailing in cold weather, kids are allowed in the solarium for a few hours a day until you get to warm weather.

Hope you enjoy your first cruise and become an addict like most of us on these boards.

What kind of activities do they have on sea days and how's the layout. The dining package if they've got one would you get it, I think they've only got two or three specialty restaurants

We've been on 3 Carnival cruises well two with the DW and I picked the last two how far is the airport to the pier?

It's about 10 miles. If you're leaving during a non-peak time, it should take about 15-20 minutes (assuming no traffic).

What kind of activities do they have on sea days and how's the layout. The dining package if they've got one would you get it, I think they've only got two or three specialty restaurants

We were on an itinerary down to the Bahamas, however you can get an idea about some general activities aboard the ship from our Cruise Compasses. I've got a copy of mine from last may at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B89c6eO-OgImfkI0VndqLVdEbTBaVWx0YTRIeVFiaE1kemhWU2JscThaR0tQTllrdkdhNk0

The dining package is new since I last cruised, but there are really 3 specialty restaurants to choose from that can be used with the dining package:

Chops

Giovanni's

Izumi

Now... you can choose to book a 5 night dining package and eat at one restaurant multiple times if you like. However there are only 3 unique specialty venues to pick from. (Chef's table is not included with the dining package.)

During our cruise, we ate at Chops and had a wonderful meal. We loved it.

Basically if you're going to do specialty dining twice or more, it's a value to get a dining package. Otherwise if you're going to do it once, just a-la-cart it.

Hope that helps!

How far is it from Dulles to the pier as we want to fly direct but Southwest flies to BWI but it's in US dollars, do you know if you pre book everything is it in US dollars or CDN like we booked the cruise in.

How far is it from Dulles to the pier as we want to fly direct but Southwest flies to BWI but it's in US dollars, do you know if you pre book everything is it in US dollars or CDN like we booked the cruise in.

bwi is 20 mins from the port...dulles is near washington dc about 90 mins

If we fly United, Delta there's a stop in between, Southwest is a direct from BUF but don't know enough about them and if you fly to Dulles can you get a transfer with RC?

I would pay significantly more to fly into BWI over Dulles. BWI is so much closer and you have to be worried about timing when you fly into Dulles to ensure you don't get stuck in DC traffic.

Also, BWI is just nicer in general...Dulles is like an escalator maze to be able to escape...

I would pay significantly more to fly into BWI over Dulles. BWI is so much closer and you have to be worried about timing when you fly into Dulles to ensure you don't get stuck in DC traffic.

Also, BWI is just nicer in general...Dulles is like an escalator maze to be able to escape...

^^^ This.

Any time that you can take a Royal Caribbean cruise that stops in Charleston, South Carolina,

GO!!!!